Rate my Super Coach Team III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go the one with Ziebell and Cooney mate.

Can you or someone rate my new team

Goddard, Enright, Shaw, Hodge, Malceski, Ladson, Waters
Maguire, SIlvagni

Pendlebury, Selwood, Mitchell, Gibbs, Martin, Trengrove
Barlow, Banner

Tippett, Naitanui
Warnock, Skipper

Riewoldt, O'Keefe, J.Brown, Harvey, Ziebell, Dangerfield, Rockliff
Hitchcock, Podsiadly

I'm stretching, but not wholly convinced on JB as yet.

I'm backing Goodwin, too. - just does the business as Mr Fish used to

Wow, i would have never have thought you would have conformed, but the masses have persuaded you to go with GAJ..

Honestly, probably a wise choice..

Backline - love the first 3, i like Malceski, personally not a fan of Ladson and for 151K, you can't really go wrong with waters, especially if he plays 10+ games, guranteed money. Which leaves Gilbee, what do you expect from him..? to improve..? average what he did last year..? not sure we will see any improvement out of him..?

your Midfield is good without being great.
Ablett and Nick Dal are class, alot of people say Cooney is under priced, but he had the most possessions for the doggies last night and still couldn't break 100..? Ball could be a smoky this year, averages a point for every minute he is on the ground, and seems he has added goal kicking to his bag of tricks.

What do you see Ziebell averaging this year..? and what do you see Barlow averaging this year..? if your answer is Ziebell around 80 and Barlow around 70 (which i think is a modest average), is Ziebell worth the extra $210K..?? Considering Martin looks like he could be the daniel rich of this season. Downgrade Ziebell to Banner/Jetta/Moles (if he gets promoted) and start Barlow, upgrade Cooney or Ball to Selwood/Mitchell/Gibbs..

Strong Rucks, Hille will only get better as the year goes on...

Forward line is close to spot on, haven't decided yet whether i'll take the hit on Franklin round 1, or upgrade Hall to Franklin hopefully early on.

Good luck mate :thumbsu:
Thanks for that mate. I think you are the best team rater we have in BF :)

I just figured if all the top teams have him i may as well if he gets injured they will not gain anything over me and if he dominates I will not fall away. Had the potential to average 150-160 if it was ot for injury last season and can reproduce that form.

With Ladson I think he can regain his for of 07,08 wer he averaged +90 its either him or hunt.

I think Gilbee will be better than last season he has the ability to score +110 and in a strong team he will have plent of ball and plent of Rebound and Inside 50s. I was also told that his father was ill last year which may have had an effect on him.

Ziebell is a good prospect but the trade down could really help. But then again is Selwood/Mitchell/Gibbs + Banner/Jetta/Moles going to score as mush as Cooney/Ball + Ziebell? What about a trade how about trengrove? I still have 35k in the bank. So could get Goodes/Pendlebury.

Yeah im happy with the rucks they should be strong, good support if skipper gets elevated. The fwd line looks solid but not sold on franklin, to up and down for my likeing.

Thanks for the help mate. Much appriciated

Thanks for that mate. I think you are the best team rater we have in BF :)

I just figured if all the top teams have him i may as well if he gets injured they will not gain anything over me and if he dominates I will not fall away. Had the potential to average 150-160 if it was ot for injury last season and can reproduce that form.

With Ladson I think he can regain his for of 07,08 wer he averaged +90 its either him or hunt.

I think Gilbee will be better than last season he has the ability to score +110 and in a strong team he will have plent of ball and plent of Rebound and Inside 50s. I was also told that his father was ill last year which may have had an effect on him.

Ziebell is a good prospect but the trade down could really help. But then again is Selwood/Mitchell/Gibbs + Banner/Jetta/Moles going to score as mush as Cooney/Ball + Ziebell? What about a trade how about trengrove? I still have 35k in the bank. So could get Goodes/Pendlebury.

Yeah im happy with the rucks they should be strong, good support if skipper gets elevated. The fwd line looks solid but not sold on franklin, to up and down for my likeing.

Thanks for the help mate. Much appriciated

Cheers mate :thumbsu:

I hope that Gilbee does return to form, but he has looked very slow and seems to have put on a little weight. Maybe Harbrow has more upside..?

I hope Ladson does return back to his 08 form, i'll jump on him pretty quick if he does.

Remember, its all about who's value will increase more. If Ziebell comes out and averages 70 this season, his value will only increase slightly, Vs starting Barlow who i think will average 70+, but from a starting price of $111K.

Your bench players sole purpose is to make you money, and provide the extra 30-90 points if one of your starting players goes down.

You don't have to worry about what your bench players are averaging and you wouldn't include them in your calculations, will player a, b and c average more or less than players x, y and z. They will all increase in value, you just need to identify which rookies will make you the most money to upgrade Martin and Barlow to premiums.

Martin and Barlow both look set to start in their teams midfield and both look set to average around the 80 mark. So starting Ziebell in your mids will be redundant.

Ziebell averages 80 best case scenario he goes from $320K to around the $420K mark.

Barlow averages 70 worst case scenario, he goes from $111K to around the $376K mark.

Ziebell might be worth more by seasons end, but money made + the money you have put into another premium saved by starting Barlow leaves you well on top.

I hope that made sense :thumbsu:

Anyone got some feedback on my team so far?
Couple of possible risks in there, but would appreciate any 'obvious' mistakes I may have overlooked

Def: Goddard, Drummond, Enright, Landson, Hodge, Kennelly, Hunt - Bench: Maguire, Silvagni
Mid: Goodes, Bartel, Cooney, Ball, Burgoyne, Palmer - Bench: Barlow, Banner
Ruc: Hille, Naitanui - Bench: Trengrove, McNamara
Fwd: Brown, Harvey, Franklin, Hall, Dangerfield, Ziebell, Burton - Bench: Rockliff, Hitchcock

Cheers!

Anyone got some feedback on my team so far?
Couple of possible risks in there, but would appreciate any 'obvious' mistakes I may have overlooked

Def: Goddard, Drummond, Enright, Landson, Hodge, Kennelly, Hunt - Bench: Maguire, Silvagni
Mid: Goodes, Bartel, Cooney, Ball, Burgoyne, Palmer - Bench: Barlow, Banner
Ruc: Hille, Naitanui - Bench: Trengrove, McNamara
Fwd: Brown, Harvey, Franklin, Hall, Dangerfield, Ziebell, Burton - Bench: Rockliff, Hitchcock

Cheers!

you spelt Ladson wrong.. Rookie mistake..! :D

Guys can you help me with mine.

Backs: Goodwin, Drummond, Enright, Hodge, McDonald, Hunt, Waters
Emg: Maguire, Webberly

Mids: Ablett, Mitchell, Cooney, Masten, Trengove, Martin
Emg: Barlow, Jetta

Rucks: Tippett, Hille
Emg: Warnock, Skipper

For: Roo, ROK, Brown, Gia, Hall, Dangerfield, Rockliff
Emg: Hitchcock, Pods.

Any advice is welcome.

I have 33k left.
Want to try to upgrade masten but i am not sure on who to downgrade?

Hi Guys,

Would appreciate your thoughts on my team.

Just a quick rate

The Grimes selection could go 1 of 2 ways IMO. He is a star but can he improve much on last year. Also injury prone and 500K for a bloke that has played a dozen games is steep. Unique none the less and doesn't mean he won't go nuts. Hooker is a good unique selection as well. I'm not sold on Ladson, he has been shite at best this preseason. Again, might prove me wrong. I have concerns over your backs bench. Think you need to get Maguire on there for some coverage.

Mids are nothing short of fantastic. Great depth. Ablett. If I was to pick at anything it is maybe the Bartel selection. He does dominate SC, but maybe doesn't start as quick as others, and might be an upgrade target. In the past I have picked him up alot cheaper. Higgins IS a star. Good bench picks.

Rucks good. Clark solid. Hille having a good preseason from all reports. Skipper to get gametime with Taylor down. ??? over Lobbe. Don't see him figuring prominantly. I have him, but purely because I have Tippett. I would suggest to get Warnock.

And this is where the problem begins. Roo, Harvey and Hall selections good. Hurley not playing opening few rounds for the taxi driver incident. Medhurst selection questionable. Rockliff has had a stellar preseason for his price so I say yes. Rohan and Hitchcock ok.

I think you need better forwards. Unfortunately you will have to lose a mid to get your forwards right. And your backs bench needs improving.

My team:

Backs: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, O'Brien, Malceski, Hunt, Waters (Maguire, Webberly)
First 3 backs I haven't changed the whole time. I picked O'Brien as I see him having a quarterback role this year. Alot of cheap possessions, a playmaker. Also a very unique selection. Not sure about starting Waters. Webberley may change. That 9th back spot is annoying the shit out of me.

Mids: Ablett, NDS, Cooney, Ball, Martin, Barlow (Trengove, Jetta)
Starting 2 rookies with what I think is good coverage. Trengove, although not having been great over the preseason, will be a great cow once he finds his feet. Ball in great form. Cooney just picked purely beacuse of his price. Not sure on NDS yet.

Rucks: Sandilands, Hille (Warnock, Lobbe)
I would like to have Skipper, think he will be a better cow than SPUD Lobbe. Just can't because the risk of Hille. But Hille is so cheap, can't pass on him.

Forwards: Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Tippett, Hall, Murphy, Dangerfield, Ziebell (Rockliff, Podsiadly)
Not sure about whether to start a rookie here. IMO it's a risk starting all 4 of those 320K to 350K players but all have the potential to peak at around 500K. Might downgrade one too Rohan, and upgrade 1 to a premium. Just not sure who to get rid of

Any thoughts on the team appreciated in advance

Any thoughts on my team would be appreciated.

Backs: Enright Shaw Hodge Gram Malceski Hunt Ladson
Waters Silvagni

Mids: Ablett Pendleburry Bartel Higgins Trengove Martin
Barlow Strauss

Rucks: Tippet Luenberger
Skipper Lobbe

Forwards: Riewoldt Okeefe Pavlich Gray Hall Dangerfield Ballantyne
Rockliff Hitchcock

Here is my Team:

Backs: Goddard Shaw Enright Hodge Malceski Hunt Greenwood (Mcguire Davis)

Mids: Ablett Pendlebury Mitchell Wells Martin Barlow (Shuey,Bastinac)

Rucks: Tipett Hille (Warnock Skipper)

Fwds: Voldt, 0'Keefe , Boomer Harvey, R.Gray, B Hall, Ziebell and Rohan.
Took some Advice from staffy dog, who kindly rated my team :) thanks for that.

Just wondering how that is looking?

Thoughts? :) Thanks !!

Just a quick rate

The Grimes selection could go 1 of 2 ways IMO. He is a star but can he improve much on last year. Also injury prone and 500K for a bloke that has played a dozen games is steep. Unique none the less and doesn't mean he won't go nuts. Hooker is a good unique selection as well. I'm not sold on Ladson, he has been shite at best this preseason. Again, might prove me wrong. I have concerns over your backs bench. Think you need to get Maguire on there for some coverage.

Mids are nothing short of fantastic. Great depth. Ablett. If I was to pick at anything it is maybe the Bartel selection. He does dominate SC, but maybe doesn't start as quick as others, and might be an upgrade target. In the past I have picked him up alot cheaper. Higgins IS a star. Good bench picks.

Rucks good. Clark solid. Hille having a good preseason from all reports. Skipper to get gametime with Taylor down. ??? over Lobbe. Don't see him figuring prominantly. I have him, but purely because I have Tippett. I would suggest to get Warnock.

And this is where the problem begins. Roo, Harvey and Hall selections good. Hurley not playing opening few rounds for the taxi driver incident. Medhurst selection questionable. Rockliff has had a stellar preseason for his price so I say yes. Rohan and Hitchcock ok.

I think you need better forwards. Unfortunately you will have to lose a mid to get your forwards right. And your backs bench needs improving.

Thanks for the comments, I agree on my bench for the backs. I'm nto sold on ladson either and have had him in and out of my side numerous times. Grimes is absolute silk and after watching the preseason game between the bombers and demons I just had to have him in my side. Time will tell.

I might swap Bartel and use the cash to help my forward line. I think hurley is going to be a star at either end of the ground so I would rather have him now than use a trade once he comes back into the side. I had lobbe because I originally had Tippett in my forward line and if anything happened to my rucks I could swap Tippett in without using a trade.

I'll create a new post to comment on your team.

Cheers

first year player, I usually DT thoughts:

$200 left over :d
54279680.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

54279680.jpg

Alright, Few things i'd like to point out here :p
Duffield- too expensive for his kind of capacity, much safer with an Enright who is 2k more.
Midfield-Playing 3 rookies in the mid could be a problem, and your captian options arent the best.
Ruck: Strong :p all i can say.
Forwards- Dangerous stuff, you might consider taking out a high priced and injecting that into your midfield, but thats a nice forward line.

I would love to leave feed back but there's no team above me.

So please rate my team I've put a lot of work into it. Cheers.

Backs: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Mattner, Macdonald, Malceski, Greenwood (Maguire, Silvagni)

Mids: Ablett, Mitchell, Vince, Ball, Martin, Barlow (Shuey, Banner)

Rucks: Sandilands, Tippet (Warnock, Skipper)

Forwards: Riewoldt, Harvey, Higgins, Hall, Mayne, Ballantyne, Rockliff (Hitchcock, Gumbleton)

$36,900 left over

I would love to leave feed back but there's no team above me.

So please rate my team I've put a lot of work into it. Cheers.

Backs: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Mattner, Macdonald, Malceski, Greenwood (Maguire, Silvagni)

Mids: Ablett, Mitchell, Vince, Ball, Martin, Barlow (Shuey, Banner)

Rucks: Sandilands, Tippet (Warnock, Skipper)

Forwards: Riewoldt, Harvey, Higgins, Hall, Mayne, Ballantyne, Rockliff (Hitchcock, Gumbleton)

$36,900 left over

Backs: Might get better value from Gram instead of Mattner, personally I like O'Brien who just go promoted to leadership group today.

Mids: Vince had a back related hamstring injury so beware, might want Cooney. Everything else looks sweet.

Rucks are Solid

Forwards: All look fine but I am not sold on Gumbleton, I stay away from any injuries after my experiences last year. Podsiadsly might be an option, personally I wiggled my money and put Rohan on the ground and Rockcliff on the bench - they are both good rookies, can't tell which will go better at this stage, but Rohan will definitely go up in value. beat Dustin Martin in repeated sprints and won the draft camp kicking comp with 77% efficiency.

54279680.jpg

I see you've gone the no Ablett option, risk/reward scenario but youve really spent the extra cash in the wrong places. Who are you going to make your captain? If you dont want Ablett you need Dal Santo or Dane Swan, or should be looking to get Judd when he comes out of suspension.

Get rid of Duffield, he is priced way over the odds
Ladson is better value than Greenwood, well worth the slightly higher price. No idea why Levi is getting hyped as a SC prospect
One too many rookies in the midfield, you should really have another elite mid if you arent going to get Ablett
Selwood's got a niggling injury, i'd avoid him even if named for Round 1
McIntosh and Sandilands is a strong combo but downgrade Hamish to NicNat/Hille and spend the cash elsewhere (midfield)
Didak's too inconsistent, not a real SC prospect
Higgins is too injury prone, wouldnt have him in any fantasy football team
Bit heavy on the cash in the bench, could free up a further $20-30k and still have some really good cash making prospects on your bench

Alright, Few things i'd like to point out here :p

Thanks!

Duffield- too expensive for his kind of capacity, much safer with an Enright who is 2k more.
I have enright all ready, but I see what your saying. Will ponder.
Midfield-Playing 3 rookies in the mid could be a problem, and your captian options arent the best.
I just swapped out Boyd for Ablett, and Bartell out for Nick Dal (didn't want to over load on 3 cat mids). Ablett to captain and in regards to the rookies, well it's a gamble, but I'd like to try and make my cash in the mids.
Forwards- Dangerous stuff, you might consider taking out a high priced and injecting that into your midfield, but thats a nice forward line.
you were right, I swapped out didak for medhurst (hope he has a better year). will continue to think about Medhursts spot.

$44k left now

Ok, thanks guys for the great feedback it's much appreciated. I'll keep at it and make a few more changes then re-post the team.

I'm taking the risk with Gumbleton as i am a bombers fan and believe if his body is wright he should perform well. However, i may consider the other options you mentioned as they could all potentially be great picks.

Thanks guys.

I see you've gone the no Ablett option, risk/reward scenario but youve really spent the extra cash in the wrong places. Who are you going to make your captain? If you dont want Ablett you need Dal Santo or Dane Swan, or should be looking to get Judd when he comes out of suspension.

Get rid of Duffield, he is priced way over the odds
Ladson is better value than Greenwood, well worth the slightly higher price. No idea why Levi is getting hyped as a SC prospect
One too many rookies in the midfield, you should really have another elite mid if you arent going to get Ablett
Selwood's got a niggling injury, i'd avoid him even if named for Round 1
McIntosh and Sandilands is a strong combo but downgrade Hamish to NicNat/Hille and spend the cash elsewhere (midfield)
Didak's too inconsistent, not a real SC prospect
Higgins is too injury prone, wouldnt have him in any fantasy football team
Bit heavy on the cash in the bench, could free up a further $20-30k and still have some really good cash making prospects on your bench

Thanks for all that. I have made the Ablett change, will work on the rest.

cheers!

54279680.jpg

i like that team:thumbsu: solid all round although i think duffeild and didak are a bit overpriced and i dont see the big deal scoring potential wise about greenwood. i also like the 3 rookie mids strategy. many dont like it as they see mids as the highscoring guns and :eek: you cant have 3 rookies there, but when you weigh all things up imo its the best strategy.

I posted a few pages back, but it was at the end of the page and might've been missed.

In any case, feedback would be appreciated. I know I've taken a risk with a few in my back line, a couple of first year players in the mid and my forwards seem a little lacking, so any feedback would be appreciated...

DEF:
B. Goddard (vc), C. Enright, H. Shaw, L. Hodge, N. Malceski, J. Hunt, B. Waters
M. Maguire (emerg), A. Silvagni

MID:
G. Ablett (c), D. Swan, N. Dal Santo, A. Cooney, T. Scully, D. Martin
Lewis Jetta (emerg), L. Shuey

RUCK:
K. Tippett, N. Naitanui
R. Warnock, Jordan Roughead

FWD:
N. Riewoldt, L. Franklin, D. Giansiracusa, B. Hall, P. Dangerfield, J. Ziebell, P. Veszpremi
T. Rockliff (emerg), J. Podsiadly

I posted a few pages back, but it was at the end of the page and might've been missed.

In any case, feedback would be appreciated. I know I've taken a risk with a few in my back line, a couple of first year players in the mid and my forwards seem a little lacking, so any feedback would be appreciated...

DEF:
B. Goddard (vc), C. Enright, H. Shaw, L. Hodge, N. Malceski, J. Hunt, B. Waters
M. Maguire (emerg), A. Silvagni

MID:
G. Ablett (c), D. Swan, N. Dal Santo, A. Cooney, T. Scully, D. Martin
Lewis Jetta (emerg), L. Shuey

RUCK:
K. Tippett, N. Naitanui
R. Warnock, Jordan Roughead

FWD:
N. Riewoldt, L. Franklin, D. Giansiracusa, B. Hall, P. Dangerfield, J. Ziebell, P. Veszpremi
T. Rockliff (emerg), J. Podsiadly
very nice side. the only thing id consider changing would be veszpremi. i was reading the swans board and many think he isnt best 22 and could very well be in and out of the side, not very reliable.

Backs: Might get better value from Gram instead of Mattner, personally I like O'Brien who just go promoted to leadership group today.

Mids: Vince had a back related hamstring injury so beware, might want Cooney. Everything else looks sweet.

Rucks are Solid

Forwards: All look fine but I am not sold on Gumbleton, I stay away from any injuries after my experiences last year. Podsiadsly might be an option, personally I wiggled my money and put Rohan on the ground and Rockcliff on the bench - they are both good rookies, can't tell which will go better at this stage, but Rohan will definitely go up in value. beat Dustin Martin in repeated sprints and won the draft camp kicking comp with 77% efficiency.

I think you've sold me on Rohan. Like you mentioned efficiency is SC Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back