Rate my Super Coach Team III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a few pages back, but it was at the end of the page and might've been missed.

In any case, feedback would be appreciated. I know I've taken a risk with a few in my back line, a couple of first year players in the mid and my forwards seem a little lacking, so any feedback would be appreciated...

DEF:
B. Goddard (vc), C. Enright, H. Shaw, L. Hodge, N. Malceski, J. Hunt, B. Waters
M. Maguire (emerg), A. Silvagni

MID:
G. Ablett (c), D. Swan, N. Dal Santo, A. Cooney, T. Scully, D. Martin
Lewis Jetta (emerg), L. Shuey

RUCK:
K. Tippett, N. Naitanui
R. Warnock, Jordan Roughead

FWD:
N. Riewoldt, L. Franklin, D. Giansiracusa, B. Hall, P. Dangerfield, J. Ziebell, P. Veszpremi
T. Rockliff (emerg), J. Podsiadly

Great team with a great benchline. The only concern like mentioned above would be Veszpremi, maybe pick up Rohan instead which would free up some cash to upgrade Nicnat to Hille who has played well in all practice matches.

Here is my Team:

Backs: Goddard Shaw Enright Hodge Malceski Hunt Greenwood (Mcguire Davis)

Mids: Ablett Pendlebury Mitchell Wells Martin Barlow (Shuey,Bastinac)

Rucks: Tipett Hille (Warnock Skipper)

Fwds: Voldt, 0'Keefe , Boomer Harvey, R.Gray, B Hall, Ziebell and Rohan.

Just wondering how that is looking?

Thoughts? :) Thanks !!

(No one rated my team from the last page :p so i thought i would repost it! thoughts please!!)

Untitled-6.jpg

posted a few pages back would really like some feedback

backs: Goddard (V.capt),Enright, Gilbert,. Hurn, Greenwood, Waters, B Maguire, (Davis, Silvagni)
mids: . Ablett (capt), Pendlebury,J Selwood, Ziebell, JTrengove, Martin, (Scully, M Barlow)
rucks: Sandilands, Nic Nat (Warnock, Skipper)
fwds: N Riewoldt, Pav, Franklin, Gia, Tippett, Hall, G Rohan (Rockliff, Gumbleton) (thinking of switching gumbleton for pods)

$15,100 in the bank

Did a little bit of tinkering to a team a couple of pages back. Will rate a team when mine gets a rate (got skipped earlier)

B- Goddard, Enright, Grimes, Hodge, O'Brien, Malceski, Hunt (Maguire, 94K rookie being Webberley at the moment)
M- Ablett, Mitchell, Cooney, Scully, Trengove, Martin (Barlow, Jetta)
R- Sandilands, Hille (Warnock, Skipper)
F- Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Franklin, Tippett, Hall, Murphy, Rohan (Rockliff, Podsiadly)

Team is in price order. Don't have any cash leftover

Please rate mine and i'll rate yours. Thanks

Here is my Team:

(No one rated my team from the last page :p so i thought i would repost it! thoughts please!!)

It's looking great. Very good benchline choices.

Backline looks very solid.

Mids are excellent, Pendlebury is one of my favorite fantasy footballers I've had him every year except this year. He's a proven performer but does have a tendency to start slow. I'm not completely sold on Wells not to sure who would be better value at his price range tho considering you already have Ziebell.

Rucks are also very solid.

Forwards look great. Harvey is always a concern considering his age. All in all its a great team.

It's looking great. Very good benchline choices.

Backline looks very solid.

Mids are excellent, Pendlebury is one of my favorite fantasy footballers I've had him every year except this year. He's a proven performer but does have a tendency to start slow. I'm not completely sold on Wells not to sure who would be better value at his price range tho considering you already have Ziebell.

Rucks are also very solid.

Forwards look great. Harvey is always a concern considering his age. All in all its a great team.

Thanks mate :D i'll take the Harvey and Wells comment into account, but i am a north fan hehehe :) And Pendlebury is a very solid player :) 100% agree with you.

What the heck i'll offer some advice:

N1k0s287 - Don't have to comment much on your's mate. It looks gr8. Wells can be a headache. Not much else to say mate. It's good IMO.

Smashh - Pretty similar team to mine in terms of strategy. I'm happy, so you should be too. Medhurst is my only worry, but that's just being picky. Harbrow good unique selection. No Ablett concerns me. The bloke is a freak. Up to you, but i'd have him

franklin323 - Pretty good too. Starting Waters and Maguire is a worry IMO. Take Pods over Gumby. Gumby too injury prone. Get Luke Hodge in. He will outscore both Gilbert and Hurn. Your backline is your only concern

Hope I helped guys!!!

posted a few pages back would really like some feedback

backs: Goddard (V.capt),Enright, Gilbert,. Hurn, Greenwood, Waters, B Maguire, (Davis, Silvagni)
mids: . Ablett (capt), Pendlebury,J Selwood, Ziebell, JTrengove, Martin, (Scully, M Barlow)
rucks: Sandilands, Nic Nat (Warnock, Skipper)
fwds: N Riewoldt, Pav, Franklin, Gia, Tippett, Hall, G Rohan (Rockliff, Gumbleton) (thinking of switching gumbleton for pods)

$15,100 in the bank
good side. not sure on maguire starting, and again i dont see a huge upside in levi. i also thought hurn was carrying an injury, might be worth checking out. id also get ziebell in forwards instead of gumby then start barlow/scully and get a rookie for the bench

Did a little bit of tinkering to a team a couple of pages back. Will rate a team when mine gets a rate (got skipped earlier)

B- Goddard, Enright, Grimes, Hodge, O'Brien, Malceski, Hunt (Maguire, 94K rookie being Webberley at the moment)
F- Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Franklin, Tippett, Hall, Murphy, Rohan (Rockliff, Podsiadly)

very good side, similar to mine, probably why its good :p ;) unsure on obrien though dont really see him as a scorer.

Alrighttt, you did mine :) so ill repay the favour! (Thanks for the advice btw)

Defence looking good, i was considering Harry O but i've got my doubts about him though, new leadership today though so that might pump him up ay? ;)
Midfield: 3 rookies could do some damage, but your premiums are looking good, and you have the 3 best rookies that come to my mind :)
Ruck: Very Solid
Forward: Very Strong, got my doubts on Murphy being so injury prone :p maybe a ziebll or medhurst?

Great team overall :) Good look for Supercoach 2010!!

Alrighttt, you did mine :) so ill repay the favour! (Thanks for the advice btw)

Defence looking good, i was considering Harry O but i've got my doubts about him though, new leadership today though so that might pump him up ay? ;)
Midfield: 3 rookies could do some damage, but your premiums are looking good, and you have the 3 best rookies that come to my mind :)
Ruck: Very Solid
Forward: Very Strong, got my doubts on Murphy being so injury prone :p maybe a ziebll or medhurst?

Great team overall :) Good look for Supercoach 2010!!

Thanks mate. Good luck to you too :thumbsu:

Purely picking Murphy over Dangerfield and Ziebell because is severely underpriced :eek:. Injury is a concern but upside is enormous. He has been a solid contributor throughout the NAB Cup. Also Dogs will be a great side with high scores so he stands out IMO. Swapped out Harry O for Ladson. I'm not overly happy with Ladson but alot of teams have him, if I go bust so do they I guess, maybe it will just take match time for him to gain confidence... allowed me to upgrade Webberley to Waters so, more bench cover. Also upgraded Duddy to Pav. Don't have to worry about 2 rookies starting Round 1 now in the forwards

I just want the season to start. I'm over changing my freaking side:D:D:D

I think you've sold me on Rohan. Like you mentioned efficiency is SC Gold.

Although the Fanfooty blog predicts Rohan won't play round 1, but I am sure Rockcliff or Hitchcock will, so it doesn't bother me much.

Someone mentioned Selwood is carrying an injury, but the rest of the stuff he said was rubbish. Is Geelong's Selwood injured?

Hey all,

This is my first ever BF post so g'day to everyone & I look forward to chatting re:supercoach throughout the season proper. :)

First thing first... This is my current working version of my team...

BACKS 1. Goddard, B; 2. Enright, C; 3. Shaw, H; 4. Hodge, L; 5. Hunt, J; 6. Farmer, M; 7. Waters, B; *23. Maguire, M; *24. Trengove, J
MIDS 8. Ablett, G (Capt.); 9. Swan, D (V.capt); 10. Cooney, A; 11. Scully, T; 12. Martin, D; 13. Jetta, L; *25. Barlow, M; *26. Banner, M
RUCKS 14. Sandilands, A; 15. Seaby, M; *27. Warnock, R; *28. Skipper, W
FORWARDS 16. Goodes, A; 17. Riewoldt, N; 18. O'Keefe, R; 19. Harvey, B; 20. Hall, B; 21. Dangerfield, P; 22. Rockliff, T; *29. Gumbleton, S; *30. Podsiadly, J

With a couple of hundred $$ left over (hoping to use 2 cover changes Rnd3 onwards)... I'm thinking "rookie risk" is the right strategy for my first year of supercoach. Your opinions??

I've been really tossing & turning with regards to:

- starting Rockliff & my use of Seaby (Should I go Tippett (Fwrd) & Lobbe (RCK)?? Just don't think Lobbe will get on the field as much as I would like)
- I wanted to fit in Bastanic (but don't want to let go of my other cashcows=tough)
- Are Hunt & Waters going to last the distance?? (what about Malceski??)

Anyway... I'm just about to have a look at some other peoples teams and give my opinion and would appreciate any such opinions regarding my line up.

Cheers. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWRDS:Will Rohan start?? I'm also abit up in the air with regards to Murphy (he's cheap though!!)... What about someone like Dangerfield??
RUCKS: Love it... I didn't go Hille for injury concern... What if he, Hunt, Malceski & Murphy all go down??
MIDS: Awesome... Really love it. Mitchell is an interesting one... will he get tagged out?? (I don't think so IMO)
BACKS: As I mentioned I'm abit iffy on Malceski due to his withdrawal last game of preseason & being a faithful Blood I was nto impressed last year (but again, cheap if he fires)

Good luck mate.

Hi guys, almost set on mine now after 100,00 changes. Only unsettled positions are probably D8/D9 where I may go Hitchcock/Silvagni if he gets elevated.

Defense : Goddard, Drummond, Enright, Hodge, Malceski, Waters, Maguire (A Moore, P Davis)

Mids : GAJ (c), Penders (vc), Selwood, Dangerfield, Martin, Trengove (Barlow, Jetta)

Ruck : Sandilands, Nic Nat (Skipper, Lobbe)

Forwards : Riewoldt, ROK, Higgins, Gray, Tippet, Hall, Rockliff (Hitchcock, Podsiadly)

Here is my Team:

Pretty good team mate... My main concerns would be:
- Potential injuries to Hille, Malceski & Hunt... Should they fire then = awesome pick ups!!
- Not sure about Greenwood (personal opinion) I just don't know enough of him I guess.
- I'm not confident Davis is going to get as much game time as say Trengrove.
- Love the Rucks & FWRDS (maybe Lobbe as a cover for Ruck if Hille goes down??) & Gray looks like a potential gold mine given good supply.

Cheers - Good Luck!!

Hey all,

This is my first ever BF post so g'day to everyone & I look forward to chatting re:supercoach throughout the season proper. :)

First thing first... This is my current working version of my team...

BACKS 1. Goddard, B; 2. Enright, C; 3. Shaw, H; 4. Hodge, L; 5. Hunt, J; 6. Farmer, M; 7. Waters, B; *23. Maguire, M; *24. Trengove, J
MIDS 8. Ablett, G (Capt.); 9. Swan, D (V.capt); 10. Cooney, A; 11. Scully, T; 12. Martin, D; 13. Jetta, L; *25. Barlow, M; *26. Banner, M
RUCKS 14. Sandilands, A; 15. Seaby, M; *27. Warnock, R; *28. Skipper, W
FORWARDS 16. Goodes, A; 17. Riewoldt, N; 18. O'Keefe, R; 19. Harvey, B; 20. Hall, B; 21. Dangerfield, P; 22. Rockliff, T; *29. Gumbleton, S; *30. Podsiadly, J

With a couple of hundred $$ left over (hoping to use 2 cover changes Rnd3 onwards)... I'm thinking "rookie risk" is the right strategy for my first year of supercoach. Your opinions??

I've been really tossing & turning with regards to:

- starting Rockliff & my use of Seaby (Should I go Tippett (Fwrd) & Lobbe (RCK)?? Just don't think Lobbe will get on the field as much as I would like)
- I wanted to fit in Bastanic (but don't want to let go of my other cashcows=tough)
- Are Hunt & Waters going to last the distance?? (what about Malceski??)

Anyway... I'm just about to have a look at some other peoples teams and give my opinion and would appreciate any such opinions regarding my line up.

Cheers. :)

Well on behalf of everyone welcome to BF, although today is my first day too.

You have brought up some valid points regarding Hunt, Waters and Malceski, which no one really knows the answer to. Personally i like the looks of Malceski, he played well in the NAB Cup and hopefully his form continues and his body holds up.

Now my opinion
Backs look great, not sure on Farmer tho bit risky.

Mids, personally I'd start Barlow over Jetta. Apart from that looks solid with a great choice of rookies.

Rucks, I'd recommend upgrading Seaby to Tippet or Hille.

Forwards look very solid. I wouldn't worry about starting Rockliff, he should play Rnd 1. Gumbleton could be a concern, however I'm a bombers fan and I'm taking the risk. Perhaps you could consider Hitchcock instead.

My Updated Team:

Backs: Goddard, Enright, Shaw, Hodge, Macdonald, Malceski, Greenwood (Maguire, Silvagni)

Mids: Ablett, Mitchell, Cooney, Ball, Martin, Barlow (Shuey, Banner)

Rucks: Tippet, Hille (Warnock, Skipper)

Forwards: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Higgins, Franklin, Ball, Mayne, Rockliff (Hitchcock, Gumbleton)

Any advice will be appreciated, Cheers.

Hi guys, almost set on mine now after 100,00 changes. Only unsettled positions are probably D8/D9 where I may go Hitchcock/Silvagni if he gets elevated.

Defense : Goddard, Drummond, Enright, Hodge, Malceski, Waters, Maguire (A Moore, P Davis)

Mids : GAJ (c), Penders (vc), Selwood, Dangerfield, Martin, Trengove (Barlow, Jetta)

Ruck : Sandilands, Nic Nat (Skipper, Lobbe)

Forwards : Riewoldt, ROK, Higgins, Gray, Tippet, Hall, Rockliff (Hitchcock, Podsiadly)

Hey mate... My thoughts go something like.......

- Drummond is overpriced... easy.
- Injuries with Malceski (Mr.Bionic); Waters (Shoulder; I have him too :)).
- Just heard a rumor Selwood has some Injury niggles also....
- Awesome Rucks... Pretty good choices there IMO.
- As I've mentioned previously (while I don't have him) I'm liking Gray more & more....

- I'd offload Malceski for Hunt... Just reckon a safer option IMO
- Get rid of Selwood and save some cash (Rookie midfield looks good) or buy up another keeper...
- Maybe off Moore to get a Trengrove or Hitchcock (maybe look at MPP potential)??

Cheers & Good Luck!

Hey mate... My thoughts go something like.......

- Drummond is overpriced... easy.
- Injuries with Malceski (Mr.Bionic); Waters (Shoulder; I have him too :)).
- Just heard a rumor Selwood has some Injury niggles also....
- Awesome Rucks... Pretty good choices there IMO.
- As I've mentioned previously (while I don't have him) I'm liking Gray more & more....

- I'd offload Malceski for Hunt... Just reckon a safer option IMO
- Get rid of Selwood and save some cash (Rookie midfield looks good) or buy up another keeper...
- Maybe off Moore to get a Trengrove or Kitcock (maybe look at MPP potential)??

Cheers & Good Luck!

Source in regards to Selwood please as I have him in my team.

Well on behalf of everyone welcome to BF, although today is my first day too.

You have brought up some valid points regarding Hunt, Waters and Malceski, which no one really knows the answer to. Personally i like the looks of Malceski, he played well in the NAB Cup and hopefully his form continues and his body holds up.

Now my opinion
Backs look great, not sure on Farmer tho bit risky.

Mids, personally I'd start Barlow over Jetta. Apart from that looks solid with a great choice of rookies.

Rucks, I'd recommend upgrading Seaby to Tippet or Hille.

Forwards look very solid. I wouldn't worry about starting Rockliff, he should play Rnd 1. Gumbleton could be a concern, however I'm a bombers fan and I'm taking the risk. Perhaps you could consider Hitchcock instead.

My Updated Team:

Backs: Goddard, Enright, Shaw, Hodge, Macdonald, Malceski, Greenwood (Maguire, Silvagni)

Mids: Ablett, Mitchell, Cooney, Ball, Martin, Barlow (Shuey, Banner)

Rucks: Tippet, Hille (Warnock, Skipper)

Forwards: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Higgins, Franklin, Ball, Mayne, Rockliff (Hitchcock, Gumbleton)

Any advice will be appreciated, Cheers.
Hey Macca,

Welcome to you too Champ!

Yeah I've been thinking the Tippett update 4 a while but think Seaby has a potential breakout this year (i'll keep pondering)... Maybe with Mumford he may not...

Am thinking Farmer (playing for Richmond) should see a bit of it down back then up through teh midfield (I hope).

With regards to your side there... Looks great... I was gunna go Pav too but am just of the opinion he may play more forward and not rack up as many possies this year... Just a gut feeling with him though. Rather spend my money on Goodes or ROK (I may be biased...)

Cheers mate.

Hey Macca,

Welcome to you too Champ!

Yeah I've been thinking the Tippett update 4 a while but think Seaby has a potential breakout this year (i'll keep pondering)... Maybe with Mumford he may not...

Am thinking Farmer (playing for Richmond) should see a bit of it down back then up through teh midfield (I hope).

With regards to your side there... Looks great... I was gunna go Pav too but am just of the opinion he may play more forward and not rack up as many possies this year... Just a gut feeling with him though. Rather spend my money on Goodes or ROK (I may be biased...)

Cheers mate.

Yeah, good point about Farmer. I rather see how he goes the first few weeks to decide weather to pick him up before his price rises.

I'm a bit worried about Pav too, but i think Goodes and ROK will drop in value so i don't really want to spend money there.

Thanks for the help. Cheers.

Cheers mate :thumbsu:

I hope that Gilbee does return to form, but he has looked very slow and seems to have put on a little weight. Maybe Harbrow has more upside..?

I hope Ladson does return back to his 08 form, i'll jump on him pretty quick if he does.

Remember, its all about who's value will increase more. If Ziebell comes out and averages 70 this season, his value will only increase slightly, Vs starting Barlow who i think will average 70+, but from a starting price of $111K.

Your bench players sole purpose is to make you money, and provide the extra 30-90 points if one of your starting players goes down.

You don't have to worry about what your bench players are averaging and you wouldn't include them in your calculations, will player a, b and c average more or less than players x, y and z. They will all increase in value, you just need to identify which rookies will make you the most money to upgrade Martin and Barlow to premiums.

Martin and Barlow both look set to start in their teams midfield and both look set to average around the 80 mark. So starting Ziebell in your mids will be redundant.

Ziebell averages 80 best case scenario he goes from $320K to around the $420K mark.

Barlow averages 70 worst case scenario, he goes from $111K to around the $376K mark.

Ziebell might be worth more by seasons end, but money made + the money you have put into another premium saved by starting Barlow leaves you well on top.

I hope that made sense :thumbsu:
You ar absolutely right, I think i was just trying to prove you didnt need to have 2 or 3 rookies starting to be able to afford Ablett. I will wait and see which youngsters get elevated and selected just before round 1. It makes cence and gives me 170-220k to upgrade the rest of my team. You are a champ.

Ladson will slot straight back into that team and they are a strong outfit with Hodge, Ellis, Birchall, Ladson, Guerra, Gilham and Gibson they should mantain high possesion and all get heaps of the pill, especially the brand of footy they play with the slow build up from defence. Also Waters is tipped 2 play all 22 games and will play round 1 for sure (baring injury)

I will finish 1000 places higher thanks to all your help so far. With that money i will just upgrade Gilbee, what are your thoughts on Carrazzo? Has been a big possesion getter in the past, bit down on efective nes but will play that sling shot defender type role.

Thats not Rich Landson is it..?
I heard a rumour he may play this year, thanks for the tip :thumbsu:
Haha very funny UI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back