Rate my Super Coach Team III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

This is my first ever BF post so g'day to everyone & I look forward to chatting re:supercoach throughout the season proper. :)

First thing first... This is my current working version of my team...

BACKS 1. Goddard, B; 2. Enright, C; 3. Shaw, H; 4. Hodge, L; 5. Hunt, J; 6. Farmer, M; 7. Waters, B; *23. Maguire, M; *24. Trengove, J
MIDS 8. Ablett, G (Capt.); 9. Swan, D (V.capt); 10. Cooney, A; 11. Scully, T; 12. Martin, D; 13. Jetta, L; *25. Barlow, M; *26. Banner, M
RUCKS 14. Sandilands, A; 15. Seaby, M; *27. Warnock, R; *28. Skipper, W
FORWARDS 16. Goodes, A; 17. Riewoldt, N; 18. O'Keefe, R; 19. Harvey, B; 20. Hall, B; 21. Dangerfield, P; 22. Rockliff, T; *29. Gumbleton, S; *30. Podsiadly, J

With a couple of hundred $$ left over (hoping to use 2 cover changes Rnd3 onwards)... I'm thinking "rookie risk" is the right strategy for my first year of supercoach. Your opinions??

I've been really tossing & turning with regards to:

- starting Rockliff & my use of Seaby (Should I go Tippett (Fwrd) & Lobbe (RCK)?? Just don't think Lobbe will get on the field as much as I would like)
- I wanted to fit in Bastanic (but don't want to let go of my other cashcows=tough)
- Are Hunt & Waters going to last the distance?? (what about Malceski??)

Anyway... I'm just about to have a look at some other peoples teams and give my opinion and would appreciate any such opinions regarding my line up.

Cheers. :)
If it was me and I had Mitch Farmer in my team, I would put a premium backman (Goddard or Hodge) into the midfield and leave Farmer in the backline.. When Farmer makes you enough money I would then sub Farmer with Hodge or goddard and look at picking up a prem midfielder.. Thats what I think..

Yeah, good point about Farmer. I rather see how he goes the first few weeks to decide weather to pick him up before his price rises.

I'm a bit worried about Pav too, but i think Goodes and ROK will drop in value so i don't really want to spend money there.

Thanks for the help. Cheers.
Stay away from farmer, as a tigers fan i have been to all tour preseason and intr club matches except the 1 in tassie. He has been very sloppy and slugish, takes to long to get rid of it and does not have a high efective disposal. He wil be in for a game then out for to or 3. Richmond Have stonger Backmen and midfielders than him, in Moore, Rance, Thursfield, Maguan, Newman, King, McMahon and Post. As well as Shane Tuck, Dustin Martin, Ben Cousins, Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio, Richard Tambling and Nathan Foley in the mid.

Beau Waters, Goose Magurie and Will Schofield all better options, Waters being best of the 3, definatlly starting rnd 1.

Jon Brown would be a better Pick up has over com his hand injury and should be strong this season pushing into the mid and of HF.

If it was me and I had Mitch Farmer in my team, I would put a premium backman (Goddard or Hodge) into the midfield and leave Farmer in the backline.. When Farmer makes you enough money I would then sub Farmer with Hodge or goddard and look at picking up a prem midfielder.. Thats what I think..
Hey mate,

Really appreciate your reply.

But why would you get rid of your quality cash earners from the midfield (i.e. Barlow, Banner etc) to fit the premium... then you have to upgrade the backline with who??? It's looking pretty thin up back as compared to the midfield IMO. BUT... I do see your side of things & think it could work given the right defenders on the bench but can't bring myself 2 miss out on the potential gains from the young midfielders I have... But it's all personal preference.

Cheers again mate. :)

robbie gray or shaun higgins?
Im a fan of both but i like Grey this season, this is for a few reasons.
- No real Injury history
- Will be 22 in 15 days so he has fresh legs
- Movong into the middle this season expect some big points
- I belive he is in the leadership group and is a much respected team member
- In a team were he is more likely to be a standout
- Not many players that will steal points from him.

goddard enright shaw hodge malceski hunt waters
maguire slgvani

abblett pendles mitchell cooney martin barlow
banner shuey

sandi hille
warnock roughy

roo pav franklin gray hall danger rockliff
hitchy pods

i just love sc. thoughts???

Pretty good team mate... My main concerns would be:
- Potential injuries to Hille, Malceski & Hunt... Should they fire then = awesome pick ups!!
- Not sure about Greenwood (personal opinion) I just don't know enough of him I guess.
- I'm not confident Davis is going to get as much game time as say Trengrove.
- Love the Rucks & FWRDS (maybe Lobbe as a cover for Ruck if Hille goes down??) & Gray looks like a potential gold mine given good supply.

Cheers - Good Luck!!

Thanks for checking out my team Champ (Y)

I agree on all those points, and making a few changes atm! :)

Cheers!

Hey mate,

Really appreciate your reply.

But why would you get rid of your quality cash earners from the midfield (i.e. Barlow, Banner etc) to fit the premium... then you have to upgrade the backline with who??? It's looking pretty thin up back as compared to the midfield IMO. BUT... I do see your side of things & think it could work given the right defenders on the bench but can't bring myself 2 miss out on the potential gains from the young midfielders I have... But it's all personal preference.

Cheers again mate. :)
Going back over your team, you have Farmer listed as a starter, now if he does get omitted or injured, if you have that prem backman in your midfield, you can sub the 2 players and put Farmer on the bench in your midfield and put Banner on the ground for example.. It's better than having an emergency defender scoring you low points.. But you also have a point with losing out on missing out on the cheap cash cows.. It has its advantages and disadvantages, so yeah!!

goddard enright shaw hodge malceski hunt waters
maguire slgvani

abblett pendles mitchell cooney martin barlow
banner shuey

sandi hille
warnock roughy

roo pav franklin gray hall danger rockliff
hitchy pods

i just love sc. thoughts???

Good team... :thumbsu:

Very strong backs. maybe too strong? Could spend a bit of that money in the fwds if you wanted.

Good mids. Hard to go past that starting 4.

Excellent rucks.

Fwds good but as I said, maybe a few "middle" players instead of an extra gun or two.

My team.

Have tried a few uniques which I think will pay off. :thumbsu:

Backs:
Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Everritt, Malceski, Hunt, Maguire
Webberley, Lisle.

Mids:
GAJ, NDS, Griffen, Vince, Dangerfield, Martin
Barlow, Moles

Rucks:
Sandi, White
Warnock, Skipper

Fwds:
Roo, Harvey, Pav, Franklin, Tippet, Warren, Rohan
Hitchcock, Rockliff

Not real fussed on the bench players. Gumby could come in, Shuey, Davis, Roughead, etc. Whomever gets a run rd 1!! But I think there's some unique picks there that should go OK.

Thoughts?

hey guys just looking for some feedback on my team:

Def: Maxwell, Hodge, Gilbee, wAITE, kENNELY, Ladson waters
emer: Maguire Trengrove(port)

notes: Gone with 4 400k fellas hopefully get 90+ point games out of them. ladson waters kennely and maguire are cheap and have experince so hopefully they play a few games and even if they only score 50-60 should go up in value quite a bit. trengrove best backline rookie?

Mids: ABlett, pendels, vince, cooney, dalziell, trengrove(melb)
emer: Martin cunnington

notes: i think ablet is a must almost guaranteed 300 points as captain vince n cooney should be good value and the rookies should be go0d value might look at scully depending whose playing

rucks: tippet, hille.
emer: bailey, gawn

notes: hille is a slight risk but like most am hoping for a good payoff. any better emergencies for same value?

forwards: goodes, riewoldt, higgins, hall, dangerfield, mayne, gumbleton
emer: watts, talia

notes: i think ud be silly not to have watts as an emergency, hes a number one draft pick and hes cheaper then the top 10 of this years plus now hes out of school, had some experience, hypes away from him and better trained with pre season. hall is in after awesome pre season shod carry it for the first few rounds. higgins is a cheap forward who'll play mid so good value and riewoldt and goodes are stars mayne and gumbles might make me some money?

anyways i want mroe feedback so please comment pick on my notes its all good.

My team.

Backs:
Webberley, Lisle.

Mids:
Barlow, Moles

Rucks:
Sandi, White
Warnock, Skipper

Fwds:
Hitchcock, Rockliff

Not real fussed on the bench players. Gumby could come in, Shuey, Davis, Roughead, etc. Whomever gets a run rd 1!! But I think there's some unique picks there that should go OK.

Thoughts?

pretty good team overall:thumbsu:

back are pretty solid, everitt havent heard much from him but im guessing you have.

midfields well not much to say but class. griffens a smokey people will lead to coon and cross and boyd, so you might have one up on them.

rucks good, id try get hille over white i heard he played back to his best this weekend.

forwards are good although im not sold on harvey, i think hes getting a bit old and hes might not be at his best form. but thats up to you

hope it helped :)

heres my team:thumbsu:

Backs:
Enright, Duffield, Hodge, Gram, Malceski, Greenwood, Waters
Maguire, Trengrove

Mids:
Ablett, Pendlebury, Bartel, Cooney, Masten, Martin
Barlow, Jetta

Rucks:
Tippett, Hille
Warnock, Lobbe

Fwds:
Riewoldt, (Pavlich/Brown), Higgins, (Franklin/ Gray), Hall, Dangerfield, Rockliff
Gumbleton, Dennis-Lane

notes: Gone with 4 400k fellas hopefully get 90+ point games out of them. ladson waters kennely and maguire are cheap and have experince so hopefully they play a few games and even if they only score 50-60 should go up in value quite a bit. trengrove best backline rookie?

notes: i think ablet is a must almost guaranteed 300 points as captain vince n cooney should be good value and the rookies should be go0d value might look at scully depending whose playing

notes: hille is a slight risk but like most am hoping for a good payoff. any better emergencies for same value?

notes: i think ud be silly not to have watts as an emergency, hes a number one draft pick and hes cheaper then the top 10 of this years plus now hes out of school, had some experience, hypes away from him and better trained with pre season. hall is in after awesome pre season shod carry it for the first few rounds. higgins is a cheap forward who'll play mid so good value and riewoldt and goodes are stars mayne and gumbles might make me some money?

Ummm... honestly???? Pretty ordinary.

maxwell is a SC spud. waite is a bit of a wild card and considering the options down back, there are better choices out there.

dalziell a poor choice. Martin is too expensive to sit on the bench. Cummington is about 6th on the list for rookies that price.

Gawn is out "indefinitely" Tippett is Ok as a ruck but you need a proven gun player in his spot.

Goodes should be an upgrade target not a starter. The rest of the fwds are OK but watts is still a crap shoot IMO.

sorry....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do I start....your backs are shocking...trengove won't get a game.

All I can say is look at the other teams posted on here for improvement. And Watts is injured so no use having him in your team and you will have to change most of your emergencies as well.

pretty good team overall:thumbsu:

back are pretty solid, everitt havent heard much from him but im guessing you have.

midfields well not much to say but class. griffens a smokey people will lead to coon and cross and boyd, so you might have one up on them.

rucks good, id try get hille over white i heard he played back to his best this weekend.

forwards are good although im not sold on harvey, i think hes getting a bit old and hes might not be at his best form. but thats up to you

hope it helped :)

heres my team:thumbsu:

Backs:
Enright, Duffield, Hodge, Gram, Malceski, Greenwood, Waters
Maguire, Trengrove

Mids:
Ablett, Pendlebury, Bartel, Cooney, Masten, Martin
Barlow, Jetta

Rucks:
Tippett, Hille
Warnock, Lobbe

Fwds:
Riewoldt, (Pavlich/Brown), Higgins, (Franklin/ Gray), Hall, Dangerfield, Rockliff
Gumbleton, Dennis-Lane

Defence: Pretty Strong except duffield, i reckon enright is better and 2k more.
Midfield: Strong as Hell :)
Ruck:Solid.
Forward line: Easily Brown over PAV, i mean who else is good that plays for fremantle? :p And Gray over Franklin, gunna have a big season gray is ;)

Good luck in 2010!
Cheers (Y)

A few issues mate. I believe Trengrove (Port) is injured. That is the first team i have seen with Maxwell in it. I wonder why???? Much better SC backmen out there. Happy with your mids, maybe Luke Ball an option.
Rucks reserves a worry. Bailey has done his knee for the 3rd time and won't play this year i believe. Gawn a project player for the Demons, will be lucky to play at all this year too. Look at Skipper, Lobbe, Warnock etc.
Watts is also currently injured, will play this year but maybe you can make some cash out of another forward rookie > Rockliff, PODS etc before he returns.

Cheers.

Good team... :thumbsu:

Very strong backs. maybe too strong? Could spend a bit of that money in the fwds if you wanted.

Good mids. Hard to go past that starting 4.

Excellent rucks.

Fwds good but as I said, maybe a few "middle" players instead of an extra gun or two.

My team.

Backs:
Webberley, Lisle.

Mids:
Barlow, Moles

Rucks:
Sandi, White
Warnock, Skipper

Fwds:
Hitchcock, Rockliff

Thoughts?

i like your team cause i like someone that goes with the unique picks love the everitt choice. In the mids i am not a fan of ryan griffen. I Dont think he will rise much more than what he is priced at now. Some suggestions are MAsten Salopek Boak or even kerr but kerr is very risky.

Not sure on Warren What made you choose him. Im interested.

Have heard Gary Rohan is probably going to be eased into the side maybe round 8 9 ish but that can easily be swapped when the teams come out.

My team is as follows

Backs= Goddard Hurn Hodge MAckie Malcesky Waters Nason
Reserves - Silvagni Mcguire

Mids
Swan Dal Santo Masten Barlow Trengove Martin
Scully Banner

Rucks
Cox Clark
Skipper Warnock

Forwards
Roo J Brown Pav Gia Buddy Hall Gray
Hitchcock Astbury

Thoughts ?

open for all tips, hoping to pull out some nice scores this year.

backs: Goddard (V.capt),Enright, Gilbert,. Hurn, Greenwood, Waters, B Maguire, (Davis, Silvagni)
mids: . Ablett (capt), Pendlebury,J Selwood, Ziebell, JTrengove, Martin, (Scully, M Barlow)
rucks: Sandilands, Nic Nat (Warnock, Skipper)
fwds: N Riewoldt, Pav, Franklin, Gia, Tippett, Hall, G Rohan (Rockliff, Gumbleton)

$15,100 in the bank

good side. not sure on maguire starting, and
again i dont see a huge upside in levi. i also thought hurn was carrying an injury, might be worth checking out. id also get ziebell in forwards instead of gumby then start barlow/scully and get a rookie for the bench

thanks, i just checked out if shannon hurn was injured but i couldnt find anything on it, so hopefully theres none. i wasnt to sure on levi as well but alot of people seem to take him on board so maybe im missing something.

i like your team cause i like someone that goes with the unique picks love the everitt choice. In the mids i am not a fan of ryan griffen. I Dont think he will rise much more than what he is priced at now. Some suggestions are MAsten Salopek Boak or even kerr but kerr is very risky.

Not sure on Warren What made you choose him. Im interested.

Have heard Gary Rohan is probably going to be eased into the side maybe round 8 9 ish but that can easily be swapped when the teams come out.

My team is as follows

Backs= Goddard Hurn Hodge MAckie Malcesky Waters Nason
Reserves - Silvagni Mcguire

Mids
Swan Dal Santo Masten Barlow Trengove Martin
Scully Banner

Rucks
Cox Clark
Skipper Warnock

Forwards
Roo J Brown Pav Gia Buddy Hall Gray
Hitchcock Astbury

Thoughts ?

Trade Cox for Sandi, trade Clark for Tippett, and bring Gablett into the squad. No reason not to pick ablett.

Dunno about Mackie, and worried about Nason starting on field. I'd start Maguire over him. Scully too expensive for bench, find someone else.

Arguably too much money in forward line, but that's probable what you were aiming for.

open for all tips, hoping to pull out some nice scores this year.

backs: Goddard (V.capt),Enright, Gilbert,. Hurn, Greenwood, Waters, B Maguire, (Davis, Silvagni)
mids: . Ablett (capt), Pendlebury,J Selwood, Ziebell, JTrengove, Martin, (Scully, M Barlow)
rucks: Sandilands, Nic Nat (Warnock, Skipper)
fwds: N Riewoldt, Pav, Franklin, Gia, Tippett, Hall, G Rohan (Rockliff, Gumbleton)

$15,100 in the bank

Gilbert looks pricey, but Fisher's gone, so he may get a different role, for better or worse. Get Luke Hodge. Necessity, must have, lock, Goddard for the price of Johncock. Trade Gilbert out.

Greenwood could possibly be traded out for either Hunt or Ladson. Maguire starting looks dodgy.

Mids good. Ziebell god for MPP, but looks outta place. Scully too much money to sit on bench, find another cheap rookie (whatever takes your fancy). Consider starting Barlow and trading Trengove for cash.

NicNat or Hille? I'm going Hille, but it's 50/50.

Forward line looks solid, only tossing up between Gia and Grey. Rohan isn't guaranteed round one, or many games, so be wary.

ONTO MY TEAM. ALMOST THERE

DEF: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Macdonald, Malceski, Ladson, Waters
RES: Silvagni (could be the next Petrenko, a worry), Maguire

MID: Ablett, Dal Santo, Selwood (heard about the ankle knock, should be fine), Ball, Barlow, Martin
RES: Shuey, JKT (gunna be a gun, and with the Hawks’ injuries, should play round one)

RUCK: Sandilands, Hille
RES: Warnock, McCauley

FWD: Riewoldt, O’Keefe, Pavlich, Franklin, Hall, Dangerfield, Rockliff
RES: Gumbleton (will probably start round 1), Podsiadly
3K Left

Rate outta 10, anyone?

Gilbert looks pricey, but Fisher's gone, so he may get a different role, for better or worse. Get Luke Hodge. Necessity, must have, lock, Goddard for the price of Johncock. Trade Gilbert out.

Greenwood could possibly be traded out for either Hunt or Ladson. Maguire starting looks dodgy.

Mids good. Ziebell god for MPP, but looks outta place. Scully too much money to sit on bench, find another cheap rookie (whatever takes your fancy). Consider starting Barlow and trading Trengove for cash.

NicNat or Hille? I'm going Hille, but it's 50/50.

Forward line looks solid, only tossing up between Gia and Grey. Rohan isn't guaranteed round one, or many games, so be wary.

ONTO MY TEAM. ALMOST THERE

DEF: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Macdonald, Malceski, Ladson, Waters
RES: Silvagni (could be the next Petrenko, a worry), Maguire

MID: Ablett, Dal Santo, Selwood (heard about the ankle knock, should be fine), Ball, Barlow, Martin
RES: Shuey, JKT (gunna be a gun, and with the Hawks’ injuries, should play round one)

RUCK: Sandilands, Hille
RES: Warnock, McCauley

FWD: Riewoldt, O’Keefe, Pavlich, Franklin, Hall, Dangerfield, Rockliff
RES: Gumbleton (will probably start round 1), Podsiadly
3K Left

Rate outta 10, anyone?
thanks for the rate, switching zieball to fwd line dropping rohan, and then fixing the rest. now on to your team. youve got a nice team lined up, gumbleton i think is already named to start round one. JKT might be a gun or not depends on the role, just like gilbert but still Jkt will go up in price which is good. solid forward line, dangerfield might take it easy first round after his knock but he will be fine. hille/nic nat 50/50 i took nic nat as hille just came off an injury so is more likely to get injured imo. nice side overall ill give is a 8.5 - 9 overall

Untitled-6.jpg

that's a very solid team, i'm sure you could fit ablett or a dal santo in there... solid backline, serviceable midfield, 3 rookies is an acceptable gamble. good rucks, i like the forwards but i think dangerfield will do your head in. he did mind last year and he might get the 2 year blues.

alright made some changes

Def:fisher,hodge,gilbee,mcdonald, malceski,waters, ladson
emer: maguire, silvagni

mid: ablett,vince,cooney,ball,martin,trengrove
emer: barlow,scully

rucks:sandilands,hille
emer: warnock, skipper

for: okeefe,pav,higgins,gray,tippet,hall,gumbleton
emer: rockliff,hitchcock

thanks for the feedback, prob should have checked injuries/nabcup form before picking emergencies/cheapies
anyways appreciate it guys its all good keep it comin

ps. i have 222k left to spend. ideas? was thinking shod hang on to a little just till we know whose playing round one but ideas would be good thanks.

Backs: Enright, Gilbert, Grimes, Hodge, Hunt, Ladson, Waters
Maguire, Webberley

Mids: Ablett, Mitchell, Boyd, Vince, Martin, Barlow
Banner, Bastinac

Rucks: Clark, Jolly
Warnock, Skipper

Forwards: N Riewoldt, O'Keefe, S Johnson, Franklin, Ziebell, Ballantyne, Rockliff
Hitchcock, Gumbleton

Thoughts?

Oh yeah also of course Franklin bench Round 1...

alright made some changes

Def:fisher,hodge,gilbee,mcdonald, malceski,waters, ladson
emer: maguire, silvagni

mid: ablett,vince,cooney,ball,martin,trengrove
emer: barlow,scully

rucks:sandilands,hille
emer: warnock, skipper

for: okeefe,pav,higgins,gray,tippet,hall,gumbleton
emer: rockliff,hitchcock

thanks for the feedback, prob should have checked injuries/nabcup form before picking emergencies/cheapies
anyways appreciate it guys its all good keep it comin

ps. i have 222k left to spend. ideas? was thinking shod hang on to a little just till we know whose playing round one but ideas would be good thanks.

Fisher is out for 4-6 weeks (damnit): http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ith-ankle-injury/story-e6frf9jf-1225840597781

Fairly solid team, with few surprises- going the underpriced possible keeper/premium route. I certainly agree with keeping some cash in reserve, but $200K is excessive- you could use some of that to upgrade Chips to Enright or Gilbert, or even up to Goddard, or one of the forwards up a little higher. Doesn't need a lot of work to be honest though.

I won't bother you with my whole squad, but interested in anyone's thoughts on a cheap forward line strategy (allows much stronger back/ruck/mids):

Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Bazza, Dangerfield, Medhurst, Ballantyne, Warren (Rockliff, Hitchcock). Could arguably drop R'oK and aim to upgrade one of the others for a couple of $400K-ish players- say Gray and Hill/Bate/Hahn - you get the idea.
Any clues?

Going back over your team, you have Farmer listed as a starter, now if he does get omitted or injured, if you have that prem backman in your midfield, you can sub the 2 players and put Farmer on the bench in your midfield and put Banner on the ground for example.. It's better than having an emergency defender scoring you low points.. But you also have a point with losing out on missing out on the cheap cash cows.. It has its advantages and disadvantages, so yeah!!

Hey mate,

Yeah, that makes heaps of sense and I totally agree with you. Very smart thinking.

However, after reading some unpopular opinions of Farmer on here I'm starting to think I'm not going to risk it... Just dropping him now and upgrading rather than gamble on him in back...........

Cheers for your help 2 mate, much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back