Rate my SuperCoach team 2012 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, this is my side so far. I've got 438k left, any thoughts on what I should do with it?

BACKS
Goddard, H Shaw, Broughton, J Grimes, B Smith, Buntine, M Clarke. Smedts, Wilkes.

MIDS
Ablett, Dal Santo, Gibbs, Coniglio, Morabito, Shiel. Wingard, Ledger or Neale?

RUCKS
McEvoy, Giles. Rowe, Stephenson.

FORWARDS
Franklin, Pavlich, Rioli, Martin, Bate, Kerridge, Siposs. Cripps, Skinner.

Cheers!:thumbsu:

well imo a starting team needs at least 12 premiums, as your bolding shows you have 11 so i'd use the money to get another premium. Wingard and coniglio are also pretty expensive rookies so if you can find cheaper ones with similar scoring potential it would give you more money so a 'super' premium, ie swan, pendles.

in terms of your premiums my biggest worry would be rioli simply because his hammys are a concern atm. also your forward line will be crushed in round 13 with hawks, tigers and saints having the bye, are you planning to have traded cripps and siposs by then?

Hey guys, this is my side so far. I've got 438k left, any thoughts on what I should do with it?

BACKS
Goddard, H Shaw, Broughton, J Grimes, B Smith, Buntine, M Clarke. Smedts, Wilkes.

MIDS

RUCKS

FORWARDS

I'd go the lock and load ruck strategies. Spend your money there.

As for the team itself, you could free up a LOT of cash with your rookies. Not saying yours won't fire, but by my calculation, you could go anotehr premium to start with by having cheaper rookies.

The premiums themselves are OK but not a huge fan of Gibbs as midfielder premium.

BACKS

MIDS

RUCKS

FORWARDS

Ok, so in defence I reckon downgrade B.Smith and upgrade grimes to a premium, maybe a deledio or scotland. I'd also have a look at bugg and darley from GWS as cheaper defensive rookies.

Midfield - Upgrade morabito or coniglio to a premium such as selwood/murph/swan/pendles. The amount of points lost by having only 3 premium midfielders is a negative IMO, purely based on the fact they average so much more than any other players.

Rucks ok, i've mentioned before that i'd like an absolute prem ruckman if you were only going with 1, i.e cox/sandi/mummy.

Forwards good, think id get rid of bate though. I think siposs is also questionable. Use that cash plus the money left over to upgrade ruck and mid.

Overall, I'd pick the premiums that you think will be in the top 6 for their positions. This means you won't waste trades later on upgrading to higher scoring players.

BTW - Joy Division rule

Thanks Gazza and Hollywood took some of your advice with what I was already thinking I should do

Out: Yarran, Monts, Gibson, Leuy, Brown Zorko
In: Broughton, NDS, Wingard, Mumford, Lamb, Pfeiffer

Goddard, Delidio, Broughton, Grimes, Lake, Ellis, Smedts
Morris, Sierakowski
Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, NDS, Treloar, Wingard
McDonald, Magner
Mumford, Giles
Big O, Derickx
Franklin, Chapman, Rioli, Martin, N. Riewoldt, Lamb, Pfeiffer
Treloar, Hall

looks better :thumbsu:

BACKS

MIDS

RUCKS

FORWARDS

I would use the money to buy Kruezer, then maybe upgrade grimes because he is one of those to be warry of

ok here is another go at my team and yes i have left some feedback to others and i will keep on doing so.

Backs: Goddard,Deledio,Shaw,Yarran,Buntine,Clarke,Mohr
Smedts,Wilkes

Mids: Ablett,Murphy,Hodge,Chapman,Lucas,Sheil
Kerridge,Mitchell

Rucks: Mumford,Maric
Giles,Stephensen

Forwards: Franklin,Stevie J,Martin,Sidebottom,Rohan,Saad,Treloar
Ah Chee,Zorko

Iwas thinking of trading lucas for wingard then with the extra cash i have i would upgrade maric to kruezer? My plan for this year is to choose premium players that average 100 but can also explode and get 140-150

ok here is another go at my team and yes i have left some feedback to others and i will keep on doing so.

Backs: Goddard,Deledio,Shaw,Yarran,Buntine,Clarke,Mohr
Smedts,Wilkes

Mids: Ablett,Murphy,Hodge,Chapman,Lucas,Sheil
Kerridge,Mitchell

Rucks: Mumford,Maric
Giles,Stephensen

Forwards: Franklin,Stevie J,Martin,Sidebottom,Rohan,Saad,Treloar
Ah Chee,Zorko

Iwas thinking of trading lucas for wingard then with the extra cash i have i would upgrade maric to kruezer? My plan for this year is to choose premium players that average 100 but can also explode and get 140-150

Backs - Not sold on Yarran as a premium just yet and there is probably a cheaper rookie that will give you just as much, if not more, than Buntine will (making you $70,000 to spend elsewhere)

Mids - There are better options than Chapman in the midfield. You should select him as a forward or have the intention to move him forward eventually. Shiel and Mitchell have injury concerns surrounding them so they may be downgrade targets.

Rucks - Maric selection is risky

Forwards - Looks pretty good.

---

My team:

B:
Goddard, Deledio, H. Shaw, Enright, Birchall, Clarke, Bugg (Ellis, Wilkes)
M: Ablett, Dal Santo, Murphy, Selwood, McDonald, Neale (Magner, Gibson)
R: Mumford, Giles (Rowe, Stephenson)
F: Franklin, Pavlich, Chapman, Martin, Smedts, Hall, Zorko (Treloar, Kerridge)

B: Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Shaw, Grimes, Howard, Ellis
(Bugg, Brown)

M: Ablett, Boyd, Selwood, Coniglio, Wingard, Stevens
(Mcdonald, Gibson)

R: Cox, Giles
(Stephenson, Rowe)

F: Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman, Martin, Saad, Zorko
(Smedts, Treloar)

Currently can't decide between Scotland + Selwood + Coniglio or Hanley + Pendles + Lucas, which combination looks better?

---

My team:

B:
Goddard, Deledio, H. Shaw, Enright, Birchall, Clarke, Bugg (Ellis, Wilkes)
M: Ablett, Dal Santo, Murphy, Selwood, McDonald, Neale (Magner, Gibson)
R: Mumford, Giles (Rowe, Stephenson)
F: Franklin, Pavlich, Chapman, Martin, Smedts, Hall, Zorko (Treloar, Kerridge)

Liking this, running the risk with the one premium ruckmen and the 3 cheapies who will definitely play is a good risk, and one I will also run I think.

Backs are very strong, worry on Deledio with his hammy but should be right.

Mids again strong. Dal Santo I've heard is playing against some tough opposition first up and hasn't scored that well against them in the past. Maybe irrelevant but his price could come down a bit, and you could grab him later. Either way a gun. Good rookies although I've gone with Lucas instead of Magner at this stage.

Forwards, also strong. Everyone loves or hates Chappy as a SC option, and I'm still hesitant. I think Sylvia will have a top year and have gone with him. Word is Zorko is in a bit of trouble and might no be playing first up. Think it's a hip? Paul Couch is as cheap as they come and 23-24 so mature body at that price. Would wait and see with Hall (GC?) see if he performs again.

Either way, good side my tips could go either way, but maybe something to think about.

Mine so far:

My team:

B:
Goddard, Fisher, H. Shaw, Grimes, Clarke, Docherty, Morris (Ellis, Smedts)
M: Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Goodes, Lucas, McDonald (Neale, Gibson)
R: Kreuzer/McIntosh, Giles (Rowe, Stephenson)
F: Franklin, Fyfe, S.Johnson, Martin, Zaharakis/Sylvia, Siposs, Saad, (Treloar/Hampton, T.Couch)

Cheers

Liking this, running the risk with the one premium ruckmen and the 3 cheapies who will definitely play is a good risk, and one I will also run I think.

I think this strategy is a little too risky personally.

I'm going to hedge my bets on who will score better out of Kreuzer/McIntosh and get them both from the outset. Both seem under priced. Who ever performs the worst gets upgraded when a gun ruckmen drops in price a bit. I think both have the potential to hit 100's...and knock out consisent 70's at worst. Not spending $600K on Sandi means upgrading 2 or 3 other players to better players.

I'd like to rate the one above me, but put simply I haven't done SuperCoach before.

Please let me know what you think of my team.

Defenders
B. Goddard - B. Deledio - H. Shaw
X. Ellis - B. Lake - T. Mohr
Sub: T. Bugg - B. Wilkes

Midfielders
G. Ablett - M. Murphy
J. Selwood - T. Scully - L. Hayes - T. Mitchell
Sub: J. McDonald - S. Gibson

Rucks
M. Kreuzer - I. Maric
Sub: J. Giles - O. Stephenson

Forwards
A. Goodes - P. Chapman - D. Martin
J. Kennedy - T. Hawkins - A. Saad - G. Weedon
Sub: T. Walsh - S. Kerridge

Cap Remaining: $69,700

I know there must be a couple of moves I can make now to utilise more of the remaining $69,700. I'm concerned a little about the number of GWS players but as I've read, they should climb in their value early. However though, I feel my midfield might be a little weak and this is where I reckon I could use some tips about strengthening it.

T. Hawkins is a risk, but if he lives up to the form in the late part of 2011 then in 2012 he should either a) earn me some points or b) earn me some money.

How does my team look?

Backs: grimes, warnock, davis, howard, Marty Clark, mohr, Steven morris (bugg, sierkowski)

Mids: swallow, ablett, Boyd, Mitchell, selwood, ebert (Yeo, mcdonald)

Rucks: mcintosch, maric ( Giles, stephson)

Forwards: Franklin, Harvey, Martin, Chapman, Robinson, dangerfield, Devon smith (Ugle, hall).

Any suggestions?

Your backline needs work. If you want to, keep Grimes, Clarke, Morris, Bugg, and maybe Howard, but seriously consider dumping Warnock, Davis, Mohr and Sierakowski in my opinion.

Nice midfield. Maybe too good at the expense of your backline.

Rucks could be risky, or could be bargains.

Nice forwards. The only one I seriously worry about is Robinson, but that's your call.

Any thoughts on my team would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

B: Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Shaw, Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (Bugg, L. Brown)

M: Ablett, Dal Santo, Murphy, Selwood, Lucas, McDonald (Neale, Magner)

R: Sandilands, Giles (Rowe, Stephenson)

F: Franklin, Goodes, Chapman, Martin, Horlin-Smith, Smedts, J. Cameron (Kerridge, A. Hall)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to rate the one above me, but put simply I haven't done SuperCoach before.

Please let me know what you think of my team.

Defenders
B. Goddard - B. Deledio - H. Shaw
X. Ellis - B. Lake - T. Mohr
Sub: T. Bugg - B. Wilkes

Midfielders
G. Ablett - M. Murphy
J. Selwood - T. Scully - L. Hayes - T. Mitchell
Sub: J. McDonald - S. Gibson

Rucks
M. Kreuzer - I. Maric
Sub: J. Giles - O. Stephenson

Forwards
A. Goodes - P. Chapman - D. Martin
J. Kennedy - T. Hawkins - A. Saad - G. Weedon
Sub: T. Walsh - S. Kerridge

Cap Remaining: $69,700

I know there must be a couple of moves I can make now to utilise more of the remaining $69,700. I'm concerned a little about the number of GWS players but as I've read, they should climb in their value early. However though, I feel my midfield might be a little weak and this is where I reckon I could use some tips about strengthening it.

T. Hawkins is a risk, but if he lives up to the form in the late part of 2011 then in 2012 he should either a) earn me some points or b) earn me some money.

Move mitchell to the bench or trade him out he's injured AFAIK. (Personally I've gone the bench option. Also not sure about Scully. I guess he's a decent price, i.e should go up, but you've also got Hayes in that sort of price bracket. I am by no means a SC master, but you could trade them both out, and pick up a rookie and a premium.

Also, is T Hawkins going to continue his finals form? I like it as a risk, but it definitely is risky.

Here's my updated team. (Speaking of risk)

Backs Deledio, HShaw, Enright, Lake, Hargrave, Buntine Clarke, (Smedts, Sierakowski)

MIDS Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Selwood, Morabito, Pfeiffer. (Hampton, TMitchell)

Rucks Mumford, Kreuzer (Rowe, Stephenson)

Forwards Franklin, Goodes, Martin, NRiewoldt, LJohnston, Saad, Walsh, (Treloar, Panos)

My main worry is whether the forward line has 6 starters in it, and also if there's any point having Rowe as the MPP ruck when I don't have one in the forward line.

Also; is it stupid having Lake and Hargrave?

Thoughts?

An updated team

B: Goddard Deledio Shaw Hanley Hargrave Clarke B.Ellis (Smedts Tomlinson)

M: Ablett Boyd Thomas Zaharakis Treloar McDonald (Buckley Magner)

R: Jacobs Kreuzer (Giles Stephenson)

F: Franklin Goodes Pavlich Martin Porplyzia Smith Walsh (Saad Crozier)

Got $26,100 left. Not too sure on Hanley and Hargrave.
Thoughts would be appreciated

Hi guys.

here is my updated side:

B: Goddard Scotland Deledio Shaw Lake Smedts Bootsma
Sierakowski Wilkes

M: Pendles Ablett Murphy Selwood Reid Ledger
McDonald Crisp

R: Goldstein Kreuzer
Giles Stephensen

F: Franklin Cloke Johnson Hawkins Saad Weedon Cameron
Treloar Hall

Thanks guys.

hi all. this is the first year i've done supercoach and would appreciate some feedback. go easy, though, this could be a dog's breakfast for all i know. :p

defenders:
d. heppell, k. hardingham, j. trengove, b. stratton, a. selwood, m. scarlett, d. wojcinski
(j. webberley, t. golds)

midfielders:
e. kavanagh, j. melksham, p. mcginnity, c. bateman, s. pendlebury, d. zaharakis
(b. moles, t. varcoe)

rucks:
n. naitanui, t. bellchambers
(j. giles, d. gorringe)

forwards:
e. betts, l. jurrah, b. macaffer, j. winderlich, a. didak, p. chapman, l. jetta
(c. dell'olio, r. stanley)

remaining: 126,300

Move mitchell to the bench or trade him out he's injured AFAIK. (Personally I've gone the bench option. Also not sure about Scully. I guess he's a decent price, i.e should go up, but you've also got Hayes in that sort of price bracket. I am by no means a SC master, but you could trade them both out, and pick up a rookie and a premium.

Also, is T Hawkins going to continue his finals form? I like it as a risk, but it definitely is risky.

Here's my updated team. (Speaking of risk)

Backs Deledio, HShaw, Enright, Lake, Hargrave, Buntine Clarke, (Smedts, Sierakowski)

MIDS Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Selwood, Morabito, Pfeiffer. (Hampton, TMitchell)

Rucks Mumford, Kreuzer (Rowe, Stephenson)

Forwards Franklin, Goodes, Martin, NRiewoldt, LJohnston, Saad, Walsh, (Treloar, Panos)

My main worry is whether the forward line has 6 starters in it, and also if there's any point having Rowe as the MPP ruck when I don't have one in the forward line.

Also; is it stupid having Lake and Hargrave?

Thoughts?

Hey mate,

Haven't done supercoach for a couple of seasons myself but I'll give you my two cents worth.

If you're worried about 6 starters in the fwd line you could dowgrade say Selwood to a Sam Gibson or Magner and upgrade a rookie in the fwds to a premium. There seems to be plenty more rookie options in the mids from what I can see.

With Rowe, the way I understand it is you could trade out a forward and then sub Rowe to the forward line and then bring in a ruck, or vice versa if you pick
him in the forwards.

With Lake and Hargrave, I'd dowgrade one to a rookie and upgrade to a premium elsewhere but that's just me.

Ok, here's my team:

Backs:
B Goddard, H Scotland, H Shaw, B Deledio, G Birchall, B Ellis, T Mohr, T Bugg, N Blee

Mid:
Pendlebury, Ablett, M Murphy, Wingard, J McDonald, L Neale, J Magner, S Gibson

Ruck:
Mumford, J Giles, O Stephenson, J Redden

Fwd:
Franklin, Chapman, Pavlich, D Martin, S Sidebottom, R Cooyou, B Smedts, S Rowe, A Hall

$20k left

Bit light in the mids and rucks but I see more value in the rookies there, but I may have just convinced myself that. Any thoughts?

Hey mate,

Haven't done supercoach for a couple of seasons myself but I'll give you my two cents worth.

If you're worried about 6 starters in the fwd line you could dowgrade say Selwood to a Sam Gibson or Magner and upgrade a rookie in the fwds to a premium. There seems to be plenty more rookie options in the mids from what I can see.

With Rowe, the way I understand it is you could trade out a forward and then sub Rowe to the forward line and then bring in a ruck, or vice versa if you pick
him in the forwards.

With Lake and Hargrave, I'd dowgrade one to a rookie and upgrade to a premium elsewhere but that's just me.

Ok, here's my team:

Backs:
B Goddard, H Scotland, H Shaw, B Deledio, G Birchall, B Ellis, T Mohr, T Bugg, N Blee

Mid:
Pendlebury, Ablett, M Murphy, Wingard, J McDonald, L Neale, J Magner, S Gibson

Ruck:
Mumford, J Giles, O Stephenson, J Redden

Fwd:
Franklin, Chapman, Pavlich, D Martin, S Sidebottom, R Cooyou, B Smedts, S Rowe, A Hall

$20k left

Bit light in the mids and rucks but I see more value in the rookies there, but I may have just convinced myself that. Any thoughts?

Very heavy in your backline to the detriment of your mids and 2nd ruck. IMO 3 premiums on each line is enough

hi all. this is the first year i've done supercoach and would appreciate some feedback. go easy, though, this could be a dog's breakfast for all i know. :p

defenders:
d. heppell, k. hardingham, j. trengove, b. stratton, a. selwood, m. scarlett, d. wojcinski
(j. webberley, t. golds)

midfielders:
(b. moles, t. varcoe)

rucks:
(j. giles, d. gorringe)

forwards:

Too many Essendon players for a start (pick with your head not your heart). You have a lot of mid range players & not enough elites. Its ok to gamble on a few players taking the next step or coming back from injury but you need to have the reliable stars who get 100+ week after week or you simply won't score enough. Suggest you pick 1 of Melksham/Zaka as your bomber mid to step up (not both). Take the chance that guys like Dell'olio & Kavenaugh will get gametime & pick them on the ground. Use the extra $$ to turn a 300K player into a 500K player. Golden rule is never have cash sitting on the bench (unless its players you picked up cheap who are increasing in value). You are far better off with 1st year players on your bench because they can only increase in value the more they play. You have guys like Varcoe & Moles on the bench so you are better to look for the next Moles (1st year player who goes from 100K to 300k in value).

There are a few different techniques but most people aim for about 12-14 franchise players. These are established players with a very high likleyhood of consistant good scoring. These are the guys you don't want to trade unless they get injured. The rest should be gambles on kids & injured players (only if they are cheap enough). Start by picking 3 players in the back, mid & forward & at least 1 ruck who you would want if there was no salary cap. Players like Swan, Judd, Hodge, Goddard, Pendles, Boyd, Goodes & Sandilands (plus other top players who average 100+) - you need to have a healthy dose of the top players if you want to compete.

defenders:
(j. webberley, t. golds)

midfielders:
(b. moles, t. varcoe)

rucks:
(j. giles, d. gorringe)

forwards:

Woooaaahhh!

I can't believe you only have 126k left over after that!

Get rid of most of the mid pricers and pick up some absolute guns... They're at that price for a reason. Also utilise picking up the best rookies of this season.

Hey guys,

Goddard, Bock, Lake, Hargrave, Davis, Stratton, Bower : Wilkes & Lockyer.
Boyd, Swallow, Thompson, Fyfe, Deledio, McDonald : Neale & Gibson.
Cox, Kreuzer: Giles & Stephenson.
Franklin, Pavlich, Martin, Brown, Motlop, Zorko, Skinner: Weedon & Hall.

Thoughts?

I've only played around with this team about 279 times, but I am addicted to supercoach. Everyone has their vices.

I've spent a fair bit of time, made countless changes, but would still appreciate some advice...

B: Goddard, Broughton, Yarran, Jaensch, Buntine, Clarke, Ellis / Smedts, Brown

M: Ablett, Selwood, Deledio, van Berlo, Wingard, Shiel / Zorko, Treloar

R: Mumford, Kruezer / Giles, Stephensen

F: Franklin, Johnson, Martin, Zaharakis, Gray, Saad, Skinner / Walsh, Hall

$70k change.

Happy for any suggestions other than getting rid of Jaensch. IMO he will have a huge year - it looks like he will play a key running role in the backline and his leg is an absolute weapon. I have no doubt he'll be a good SC player this year. For this reason, barring injury in the next month, he is a lock in my team.

DEF - Goddard Deledio H.Shaw
M.Warnock Buntine Bugg L.Brown (Wilkes Baguley)

MID - Priddis Goodes Scotland
Selwood Carrazzo Wingard (Kavanagh J.McDonald)

RUCK - Mumford Kreuzer
Stephenson Giles

FWD - Franklin O'Keefe Martin
Cloke Porplyzia Cooyou A.Hall (Weedon Dell'Olio)

$11k remaining.
Aim was for every premium (high price) there was a rookie attached
the exceptions of mid-price only being, Kreuzer, Porplyzia and M.Warnock.
Warnock is there based on how Gold Coast used Bock forward during NAB and he was the central back replacement, and did a good job, but may switch him for Dempsey depending on lineups round 1.
Kreuzer and Porplyzia will be removed or upgraded depending on first 4rounds.
I know the mid-field is loaded and the DEF looks light on for points. The aim was to get as many players from teams who should look to have a good first 4 rounds; Essendon, Sydney, Carlton (first 2 rounds). Also try to have a couple of swing sets through the midfield. Needs tweaking perhaps but will see how they lineup round 1.
Thoughts??????

I've spent a fair bit of time, made countless changes, but would still appreciate some advice...

B: Goddard, Broughton, Yarran, Jaensch, Buntine, Clarke, Ellis / Smedts, Brown

M: Ablett, Selwood, Deledio, van Berlo, Wingard, Shiel / Zorko, Treloar

R: Mumford, Kruezer / Giles, Stephensen

F: Franklin, Johnson, Martin, Zaharakis, Gray, Saad, Skinner / Walsh, Hall

$70k change.

Happy for any suggestions other than getting rid of Jaensch. IMO he will have a huge year - it looks like he will play a key running role in the backline and his leg is an absolute weapon. I have no doubt he'll be a good SC player this year. For this reason, barring injury in the next month, he is a lock in my team.

ey mate, like jaensch also. imo...so bare with me..downgrade buntine to someone like wilkes (same output save 60k). Zorko's injuries too much for me to handle haha (sam gibson, ledger, neale will all play early (save 30k)) you could use cash to get a super mid over van berlo (especially if its jay...) also upgrade zaharakis just to eliminate risk.

hope that helps:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back