Rate my SuperCoach team 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
B: Deledio, Heppell, Gilbert, A.Selwood, A.Johnson, Tuohy, M.Clarke [Mohr, Smedts]

M: Ablett (C), S.Mitchell (VC), Fyfe, Cotchin, Dangerfield, Coniglio [Shiel, T.Mitchell]

R: McIntosh, Stephenson [Giles, Witts]

F: Franklin, Robinson, Kennedy (Eagles), J.Brown, Ballantyne, Howe, Porplyzia [Zorko, Treloar]

I have $61,000 remaining in the salary cap.

My thinking is this on players. They must:

A: Be a keeper already.
B: Become a keeper this year.
C: Gain value quickly.
D: Be as cheap as possible and maybe gain value later in the year, or slowly.

Many of your players do not fit into these categories for me. I feel that you should have at least 2-3 category A player on each line, 2-3 category B, at most 1 D and all the rest C.

Here is my team, with the category I put them in next to the player.

B: Goddard A, H. Shaw A, Heppell B, Broughton A, Grimes B, Lake B,C, Smedts C, Mohr C,D, Morris C
M: Swan A, Deledio A, Gibbs A, Melksham B, MacDonald C, Brown C, Zorko C, Lee D, C
R: Mumford A, Ryder B, Giles C, Stephensen C,D
F: Franklin A, Fyfe A, Martin A, Zaharakis B, Didak B, C, Saad C, Walsh C,D, Treloar C, Del'Olio D,C

~$13k left.

Picks in the A category are much of a muchness. You can't really stuff them up unless someone gets injured. At worst you lose a bit of value and they move into fringe keepers.

Picks in the B category are very very risk and you really need to know your stuff to make them. It is no good picking a player there and expecting improvement, they NEED to do it. I have been burnt here a number of times by players like Boak. A lesser risk here in players you really believe in. I choose Zaharakis as one example, as he has half a season of demonstrated form and a B&F to back up an expected jump to keeper status. (The best value in this category is usually in the back and forwards, as you need less of an improvement here to become a keeper. however the biggest gains are often in the middle, as that is where the big scoring comes from. Thus players who play middle but can be picked in defence or the forward line are the safest bets. See Fyfe 2011.)

Players caught between B and C are the really risky ones. These are often the guys in their second or third year, or those coming back from injury. My big risks here are obviously Melksham, Grimes, Lake and Didak. These players hold a lot of value so they really need to gain value quickly, or become keepers, because otherwise I am missing out on the rookie cash cows.

Having cash cows are important, but you need to make sure you get them at the right time. Having too many early on is not going to work.

Also I think GWS is a much bigger risk this year than GC was last year.

(Dunno wtf Ryder isn't selectable as a Forward. Pissing me off.)

DEF: Goddard, Scotland, Deledio, Hargrave, Clarke, Docherty, Ellis (Bugg, Morris)

MID: Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Griffen, Shiel, Marabito (Clay Smith, Mitchell)

RUCK: Sandilands, Stepehnsen (Giles, Rowe)

FOR: Franklin, Fyfe, Steve Johnson, Martin, Jono Brown, Byrnes, Zorko (Saad, Kerridge)

Thoughts?

My thinking is this on players. They must:

A: Be a keeper already.
B: Become a keeper this year.
C: Gain value quickly.
D: Be as cheap as possible and maybe gain value later in the year, or slowly.

Many of your players do not fit into these categories for me. I feel that you should have at least 2-3 category A player on each line, 2-3 category B, at most 1 D and all the rest C.

Here is my team, with the category I put them in next to the player.

B: Goddard A, H. Shaw A, Heppell B, Broughton A, Grimes B, Lake B,C, Smedts C, Mohr C,D, Morris C
M: Swan A, Deledio A, Gibbs A, Melksham B, MacDonald C, Brown C, Zorko C, Lee D, C
R: Mumford A, Ryder B, Giles C, Stephensen C,D
F: Franklin A, Fyfe A, Martin A, Zaharakis B, Didak B, C, Saad C, Walsh C,D, Treloar C, Del'Olio D,C

~$13k left.

Picks in the A category are much of a muchness. You can't really stuff them up unless someone gets injured. At worst you lose a bit of value and they move into fringe keepers.

Picks in the B category are very very risk and you really need to know your stuff to make them. It is no good picking a player there and expecting improvement, they NEED to do it. I have been burnt here a number of times by players like Boak. A lesser risk here in players you really believe in. I choose Zaharakis as one example, as he has half a season of demonstrated form and a B&F to back up an expected jump to keeper status. (The best value in this category is usually in the back and forwards, as you need less of an improvement here to become a keeper. however the biggest gains are often in the middle, as that is where the big scoring comes from. Thus players who play middle but can be picked in defence or the forward line are the safest bets. See Fyfe 2011.)

Players caught between B and C are the really risky ones. These are often the guys in their second or third year, or those coming back from injury. My big risks here are obviously Melksham, Grimes, Lake and Didak. These players hold a lot of value so they really need to gain value quickly, or become keepers, because otherwise I am missing out on the rookie cash cows.

Having cash cows are important, but you need to make sure you get them at the right time. Having too many early on is not going to work.

Also I think GWS is a much bigger risk this year than GC was last year.

(Dunno wtf Ryder isn't selectable as a Forward. Pissing me off.)

I reckon you have too many Essendon players. One in each position classed as keepers or soon to be keepers... your going to have real trouble when Essendon have a bye.

I reckon you have too many Essendon players. One in each position classed as keepers or soon to be keepers... your going to have real trouble when Essendon have a bye.

I have four bombers who I plan to keep, one is a MPP in the most common MPP arrangement. Plus the bye is in the middle of the year.

I think I can weather the bye, or trade one of the worse performing ones if it poses too large a problem. Plus I will change the team a lot after seeing a bit of the NAB cup.

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Enright, Mohr, B.Ellis, Sierakowski (Bugg, S.Morris)
MID: Ablett, Swan, M.Murphy, Priddis, Pfeiffer, Shiel (L.Brown, T.Mitchell)
RUCK: Sandilands, Giles (Stephenson, Witts)
FWD: Franklin, Pavlich, Chapman, Martin, N.Riewoldt, Zorko, Walsh (Cameron, Treloar)

$800 left.

Considering switching Sandi to Leuenberger which would allow a Ellis/Mohr to Clark switch.

Thought I'd throw this out there. Tried for an extra premium in the midfield.

Def: Goddard, Delidio, Birchal, Grimes, Clarke, Ellis, Bugg (Smedts, Brown)

Mid: Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Watson, Shiel (Grigg, Mitchel)

Ruc: Mumford, Giles (Derickx, Stephenson)

Fwd: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Zaharakis, Zorko, Treloar, Walsh (Pfieffer, Hampton)

I'm mainly aiming for a league win and have tried to front load my midfield to try to get a run of cheap wins to kick off the season. To get the extra premium mid I've sacrificed an extra premium ruck and have not taken any mid priced players, other than Grimes who I'm iffy on.

Biggest hurdle for this team will be trying to find the rookie upgrades in the fwd and bac lines. Filling out the spots was fairly hard as only the GWS ones stoof out with any job security.

My team for 2012

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Clarke, Stratton, Wilkes (Bugg, Sierakowski)

Mid: Ablett, Swan, Hodge, Pfeiffer, Sheil, McDonald (Brown, Mitchell)

Ruc: Mumford, Leuenberger (Giles, Stephenson)

Fwd: Franklin, Rioli, Martin, Riewoldlt, Brown, Porplyzia, Zorko (Smelts, Treloar)

first go at this guys so I need all the help I can get

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Waters, Grimes, Lake, Buntine, Clarke (Docherty, Ellis)

MID: Pendlebury, Abeltt, Judd, Goodes, Wingard, D.Smith (C.Bartlett, T.Mitchell)

RUCK: Leuenberger, Kreuzer (Giles, Stephenson)

FWD: Franklin, Pavlich, Riewoldt, Brown, Porplyzia, Zorko, Treloar (Smedts, Saad)

Thoughts?

MID: Pendlebury, Abeltt, Judd, Goodes, Wingard, D.Smith (C.Bartlett, T.Mitchell)

FWD: Franklin, Pavlich, Riewoldt, Brown, Porplyzia, Zorko, Treloar (Smedts, Saad)

Thoughts?

very risky backline with Waters, Grimes and Lake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My team for 2012

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Clarke, Stratton, Wilkes (Bugg, Sierakowski)

Mid: Ablett, Swan, Hodge, Pfeiffer, Sheil, McDonald (Brown, Mitchell)

Ruc: Mumford, Leuenberger (Giles, Stephenson)

Fwd: Franklin, Rioli, Martin, Riewoldlt, Brown, Porplyzia, Zorko (Smelts, Treloar)

first go at this guys so I need all the help I can get

Not a bad team... :thumbsu: Balance between premiums and rookies is good. Watch your bye weekends and your rookies but it's a handy team at this stage.

Could someone please give me a quick insight into Koby Stevens? I've heard a bit about him but see barely anyone's picked him in their team, is there a particular reason why?

Thoughts?

Looks a good team to me. Yeah, not sure about about Waters and, obviously along with Grimes, Lake and Clarke, there's a few question marks on your earmarked keepers. I don't like Porps for SC, at all...hate those low possesion little forwards who need to kick 3-4 to get a decent score, they rarely pay off. And doing a bit of research on the various club boards today, the Port and GWS people don't seem confident that Buntine and Wingard will be Round 1 certainties. Of course, that's just something to monitor over the next few weeks and bring in the rookies who look like making a bigger impact when Round 1 comes around.

Here's my second go:

Supercoach02.png

I think I've got a good amount in the bank for the first upgrade/or LTI trade. Potentially a loaded forward line. Risks aplenty in the backline, surely Grimes is due for some luck surely (right?), but for such a young player, the nature of his injuries (groin/hip/hamstring) is concerning. Nothing about Lake over the preseason is cause for concern and, with Markovic around, he'll hopefully have a chance to be freed up somewhat.

Love everything I'm hearing about Kerridge and, given Adelaide's midfield last year, I think he'll have every chance to earn a spot early. Probably wouldn't mind a few mor dual position activations, but, at this stage, I'm pretty happy with the side.

Hi guys would love some feedback on my team, not sure on how to work my ruck was thinking of seeing how the ruckmen go over the first 6 or so rounds then trade in the best one. Hoping Giles, Rowe , or Stephenson becomes a semi - permanent ala Zack Smith of last year.

BACKS: Goddard Deledio Broughton Yarran Lake B.Ellis B.Smedts

SUBS: T.Bugg B.Wilkes

Mids: Ablett Swan Murphy A.Swallow Horsley Shiel

Subs: B.Mackenzie T.Mitchell

Ruck: Naitanui Giles

Subs: Stephenson Rowe

Forwards: Franklin Goodes Pavlich Martin Dangerfield Pfeiffer Zorko

Subs: Walsh Panos

Hi guys would love some feedback on my team, not sure on how to work my ruck was thinking of seeing how the ruckmen go over the first 6 or so rounds then trade in the best one. Hoping Giles, Rowe , or Stephenson becomes a semi - permanent ala Zack Smith of last year.

BACKS: Goddard Deledio Broughton Yarran Lake B.Ellis B.Smedts

SUBS: T.Bugg B.Wilkes

Mids: Ablett Swan Murphy A.Swallow Horsley Shiel

Subs: B.Mackenzie T.Mitchell

Ruck: Naitanui Giles

Subs: Stephenson Rowe

Forwards: Franklin Goodes Pavlich Martin Dangerfield Pfeiffer Zorko

Subs: Walsh Panos

Defenders: Possibly better options than Yarran at his price. By the end you should be looking to upgrade him to a premium, so maybe look elsewhere.

Midfielders: Swallow is a good player, but personally I would go with someone else who is as consistent and can score higher.

Rucks: Wouldn't choose Naitanui as my first ruck option, he is a better second ruck option.

Forwards: Nice.

Which team should I go with and why? Thanks in advance.

Team 1

Defenders: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis, Smedts (L. Brown, B. Wilkes)

Midfielders: Ablett, Swan, Dal Santo, M. Murphy, Shiel, Treloar (Docherty, Kavanagh)

Rucks: Leuenberger, McEvoy (Giles, Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin, D. Martin, Zaharakis, N. Riewoldt, Ballantyne, D. Smith, Zorko (Kerridge, Rowe)

Team 2

Defenders: Goddard, Deledio, Enright, Broughton, Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (L. Brown, B. Wilkes)

Midfielders: Ablett, , Dal Santo, M. Murphy, Barlow, McDonald, T. Mitchell (Zorko, Shiel)

Rucks: Mumford, Kreuzer (Giles, Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin, Pavlich, D. Martin, Zaharakis, Porplyzia, Smedts, T. Walsh (Treloar, Rowe)

Any help for someone who has no clue what he's doing?

Click for larger image
2wr3n2c.png

For no clue you've done pretty well.

Essentially the tactics these days is to pick two types of players. Stock up on as many guns as you can, players that you think will be the top scoring in their position. Usually going with guys like Goddard, Ablett, Swan, Judd etc is pretty safe.

When you run out of cash, then you need to fill in the gaps with young players that will get games and increase in value so you can trade them in for more guns during the year.

Your team is pretty good, all you have to do is get rid of the middle of the road players you have such as Jason Blake. You've got two midfielders in Barlow and Dangerfield that I personally wouldnt have, because there are better options. But thats just my opinion. Just remember that there are only 6 spots in your midfield and you want to fill it with as close as you can get to the 6 best scoring midfielders by the end of the year. :thumbsu:

Here's my 3rd draft:

Goddard, Scotland, Deledio
Lake, M.Buntine, M.Clarke, S.Morris [A.Forster, J.Allen]

Ablett, Selwood, L.Hayes
Gibbs, Zaharakis, Barlow [D.Shiel, J.McDonald]

S.Mumford, M.Kreuzer [J.Giles, O.Stephensen]

Franklin, Chapman, D.Martin
J.Gunston, D.Smith, D.Zorko, B.Smedts [D.Pfeiffer, I.Folau]

I'm liking the look of the Mumford/Kreuzer ruck combo as Kreuzer is $100k+ cheaper than someone like Berger or any top-tier rucks.

The other option was to include a 3rd rookie ruck and have the Mumford/Stephensen combo, using the cash to upgrade Lake or another rookie defender.

I do like the look of the midfield :) anyone think its too heavy in there or suggestions?

Any help for someone who has no clue what he's doing?

Click for larger image
2wr3n2c.png

Agreed.
I'd also look at Shaun Burgoyne - I fell into his trap last year and never recovered. Keep a close eye on where Clarko plays him unless he is back in the midfield full time he won't score particulary well.

Dangerfield is another one like above poster said, check his NAB cup form but he's akwardly priced and has been around for a while - could end in disaster or you may look like a genius.

Defenders: Possibly better options than Yarran at his price. By the end you should be looking to upgrade him to a premium, so maybe look elsewhere.

Midfielders: Swallow is a good player, but personally I would go with someone else who is as consistent and can score higher.

Rucks: Wouldn't choose Naitanui as my first ruck option, he is a better second ruck option.

Forwards: Nice.

Which team should I go with and why? Thanks in advance.

Team 1

Defenders: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis, Smedts (L. Brown, B. Wilkes)

Midfielders: Ablett, Swan, Dal Santo, M. Murphy, Shiel, Treloar (Docherty, Kavanagh)

Rucks: Leuenberger, McEvoy (Giles, Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin, D. Martin, Zaharakis, N. Riewoldt, Ballantyne, D. Smith, Zorko (Kerridge, Rowe)

Team 2

Defenders: Goddard, Deledio, Enright, Broughton, Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (L. Brown, B. Wilkes)

Midfielders: Ablett, , Dal Santo, M. Murphy, Barlow, McDonald, T. Mitchell (Zorko, Shiel)

Rucks: Mumford, Kreuzer (Giles, Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin, Pavlich, D. Martin, Zaharakis, Porplyzia, Smedts, T. Walsh (Treloar, Rowe)

Both are very good teams. The only real difference I maybe see is NAB cup form between the players.

I prefer the midfield from #1 - slightly more grunt than #2.
Pavlich is apparently as fit as he has ever been, I'd cut Porplyzia and downgrade, get the extra $150k and use that to upgrade someone like Lake or another rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back