Rate my team for 2010 (cont)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That kind of mid strategy is fine. I play it, and it is risky but fine. Mids are were all the points are so I like to stack as many lock and leave players in their as soon as I can.

Alternative view is that the midfield is often where the best rookies and mid pricers (value) are so its best to stack them full of rookies/mid pricers with a captain option and stack the backs/forwards with keepers/premiums where they come much cheaper than they do in the midfield.

Two sides to every coin.

Hey guys can i please get some feedback on my team?

B: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Suban, Kennelly, Ladson, Hunt (Trengove, Davis)

M: Gibbs, Pendlebury, Goodes, Selwood, Trengove, Martin (Shuey,Bastinac)

R: Kreuzer, Tippett (Warnock,Lobbe)

F: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Franklin, Gray, Ziebell, Dangerfield (DLT,Pods)

Thanks guys..

Exactly, people who bother to do their own research aren't going to spoil that by posting teams up here. I feel free in giving advice on a team, but I won't be posting mine.:thumbsu:

I've posted mine a couple of times, but I've never done better than 800th in dreamteam so it's not like i'm going to have a super team, but yeh it is good to get others thoughts who are much better at dreamteam.

Same here mate, I posted mine once very early on, but it has dramatically changed since then. I am feeling a lot more confident this year with all the effort and research I am putting in, so don't want to spoil it by posting my team up here.

F: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Franklin, Gray, Ziebell, Dangerfield (DLT,Pods)

Thanks guys..
I do like this side mate, very nice.
Backs start off strong, backing in suban at his price is a gamble and then 3 players who are injury prone could pay off. time will tell

Solid midfield maybe a little bit too top heavy, maybe look at down grading to someone 100k less and upgrade suban or danger,zeibell or gray

how much cash you got left?

I do like this side mate, very nice.
Backs start off strong, backing in suban at his price is a gamble and then 3 players who are injury prone could pay off. time will tell

Solid midfield maybe a little bit too top heavy, maybe look at down grading to someone 100k less and upgrade suban or danger,zeibell or gray

how much cash you got left?

Thanks for the reply!

Still umming and arring over it, I think with suban going in midfield this year he will increase, while kennelly and ladson be used as cash cows.

I have downgraded Goodes to Boak, What do you think now..

B: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Suban, Kennelly, Ladson, Garland (Trengove, Davis)

M: Bartel, Pendlebury, Selwood, Boak, Trengove, Martin (Shuey,Bastinac)

Thanks guys..

Awesome idmate! Great mids, rucks and forwards! Good upgrade targets in the backs.. side to be wary off!

First draft:

B: H. Shaw, Harbrow, McMahon, Ellis, Suban, Greenwood, Garland (Ladson, Trengove)
M: J. Selwood, Watson, Higgins, Hodge, Masten, Trengove (Martin, Shuey)
R: Kreuzer, Ottens (Warnock, J. Roughead)
F: Riewoldt, Goodes, Brown, Franklin, Warren, Dangerfield, Burton (B. Reid, TDL)

Spent a few extra $$$ on having Ladson/Reid as bench options as I just can't see any other forward/back rookies starting in the first few rounds. Strategy is to use Ladson/Reid as downgrades to rookies sometime around Rounds 6,7,8 if any are getting games, and if required, use the cash to upgrade the likes of Greenwood, Garland, Dangerfield & Burton.

Also have the option of switching Hodge into defence, using Ladson as a downgrade in midfield & upgrading Masten.

Still a fair bit of tinkering to be done as not overly comfortable with the likes of Watson as a keeper, and question-marks as to the health of Garland & Ottens.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

your midfield doesnt look quite right, id say you need to spend abit more money in that area

Alternative view is that the midfield is often where the best rookies and mid pricers (value) are so its best to stack them full of rookies/mid pricers with a captain option and stack the backs/forwards with keepers/premiums where they come much cheaper than they do in the midfield.

Two sides to every coin.
True - I just think the mids are a safer bet to rack up the big scores so I am happy to have most of my premiums in their rather than in the backs.

True - I just think the mids are a safer bet to rack up the big scores so I am happy to have most of my premiums in their rather than in the backs.
Valid point. You can also look at it this way:

The gap between the mid pricers/rookies and the premiums in the mids is MUCH bigger - to get from Trengove to Ablett or Dangerfield to Montagna is going to be much more costly (both in terms of trades and monetary terms). Particularly when you compare this between going from Ladson>Enright or Gray>Goodes which is a much smaller gap.

Thus, it can be said that starting with lots of midfield guns, and filling your forwards/backs with your value picks as they are easier to upgrade is a viable strategy.

Just need to be aware of both, and keep that in mind and probably try to find a balance between the too.

Backs - Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Shaw, McPhee, Harbrow, Ladson
Mids - Bartel, Deledio, Masten, McVeigh, Trengove, Martin
Rucks - Sandilands, Kreuzer
Forwards - Riewoldt, Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Franklin, Kennedy, Mayne, Dennis-Lane

Bench -
P.Davis
Webberly
Banner
Shuey
Warnock
Lobbe
Tarrant
Tapscott

10,500 left over, thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second time dream teamer. Please give feedback on my drafted team :)

B: Hodge, H Shaw, Mackie, Gilbee, Hurley, Kennelly, J Smith. Reserves: Schmidt, Lisle

C:Selwood, Mitchell, Deledio, Vince, Martin, Mastin. Reserve: Bastinac, Trengrove

R: Tippett, Kruezer. Reserves: Roughead, Trengove

F: Sylvia, Giansiracusa, Rioli, LeCras, Dangerfield, Ziebell, Burton. Reserves: Tapscott, Rockcliff

B: Hodge, H Shaw, Mackie, Gilbee, Hurley, Kennelly, J Smith. Reserves: Schmidt, Lisle

C:Selwood, Mitchell, Deledio, Vince, Martin, Mastin. Reserve: Bastinac, Trengrove

F: Sylvia, Giansiracusa, Rioli, LeCras, Dangerfield, Ziebell, Burton. Reserves: Tapscott, Rockcliff

Instead of Hurley you may want to look at guys like Suban/Selwood although it's a good unique selection if he can build on last year, also with Smith (may stuggle with fitness/form to get a game at the saints) look at guys like Ladson, Hunt, Waters.

I don't know how much money you have left but you may want to look at upgrading one of your players to someone you can have as captain each week (ie Swan, Ablett, Gibbs, Bartel, Hayes, Montagna, Reiwoldt), I know Mitchell/Selwood are choices but they are a step behind the aformentioned and do have problems against certain sides (ie Mitchell always struggles against Sydney for example)

It's an interesting selection - shunning the top prices to be able to not have to play any rookies, but you don't have a single lock player for captaincy.

Bolded players should be ejected.

Also who is Trengove in the rucks?

Backs - Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Shaw, McPhee, Harbrow, Ladson
Mids - Bartel, Deledio, Masten, McVeigh, Trengove, Martin
Rucks - Sandilands, Kreuzer
Forwards - Riewoldt, Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Franklin, Kennedy, Mayne, Dennis-Lane

Bench -
P.Davis
Webberly
Banner
Shuey
Warnock
Lobbe
Tarrant
Tapscott

10,500 left over, thoughts?

I like it.......TDL starting is a risk but who knows.....Deledio could be risky as well, personally i think there are better priced options in that range.....if anything, I'd maybe downgrade in the rucks a bit and spice up your midfield........

Here's mine.........so far

Backs
Goddard, Hodge, Mackie, S Selwood, Malceski, Greenwood, Ladson.....Davis, Maguire

Mids
Boyd, Mitchell, Goodes, Masten, McVeigh, Martin.........Trengove, Bastinac

Rucks
Mumford, Hille..........Lobbe, Trengove

Forwards
Riewoldt, ROK, Pavlich, Higgens, Gray, Zeibell, Dangerfield........TDL, Gumbleton...

I know McVeigh is out R1 but his price is pretty juicy, definitely a high risk/reward player......or it could just be a disaster....also unsure of Hille...

With around 6 weeks until round 1 here is my team as it stands:

Backs - Goddard Carrazzo Adcock Hodge H.Shaw Suban Ladson Davis Webberley
Mids - Ablett Armitage Masten Connors Trengove Martin Shuey Bastinac
Rucks - Jolly Mumford Warnock Lobbe
Forwards - Riewoldt Didak ROK Harvey Franklin Ziebell Dangerfield TDL Astbury

Left over cash: $33,200.

Thoughts/Comments/Criticism welcome.

With around 6 weeks until round 1 here is my team as it stands:

Backs - Goddard Carrazzo Adcock Hodge H.Shaw Suban Ladson Davis Webberley
Mids - Ablett Armitage Masten Connors Trengove Martin Shuey Bastinac
Rucks - Jolly Mumford Warnock Lobbe
Forwards - Riewoldt Didak ROK Harvey Franklin Ziebell Dangerfield TDL Astbury

Left over cash: $33,200.

Thoughts/Comments/Criticism welcome.

Personally........i'd look at doing something with your mids....can see your tactic but it's a risky one yeah?? Armitage...unsure until we see how he goes through the NAB cup.....Connors and Trengove, unsure whether they're starting 22 material.....maybe downgrade Jolly and possibly Didak to sure the mids a bit more????

Hi lads, any opinions?

B: Goddard, Enright, Cornes, Hodge, Ladson, Hunt, Waters.... Sheppard, Trengove
M: Ablett, Selwood, Prismall, McVeigh, Masten, Trengove... Martin, Morabito
R: Kreuzer, Hille.... Warnock, Lobbe
F: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Harvey, Franklin, Ziebell, Dangerfield, Wonaemirri...Gumbleton, Tapscott

$5,400 left over

Bit of a worry with Cornes and Wonna, I trust their bodies to hold up about as much as I trust an Essendon injury report. I'm thinking very hard about Shaw or Carazzo for Chad but no idea about Wonna.
I don't really like my emergencies in defence or attack this year which doesn't leave me feeling comfortable at all, neither does my lack of cash in the bank.
Thinking hard about Bartel for Ablett too...

B: Goddard, Enright, Kelly, Hodge, H. Shaw, Ladson, Hunt (Sheppard, Davis)
M: Bartel, Goodes, Watson, Cooney, Martin, Trengove (Shuey, Bastinac)
R: Sandilands, Tippet (Warnock, Trengove)
F: Sylvia, Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Franklin, Dangerfield, Burton, Dennis-Lane (Rockcliff, Tapscott)

Team will no doubt be completely changed again lol Have to wait until Round 1 teams to see which cheap forwards get a game

Ok Quick Question.. Which Rookies will get the most games do you think? Im thinking the ones with a bit of size on them but little knowledge on any of them.

68798791.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Please comment!!!

I have enjoyed the reading thus far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back