Smedts - Duigan - Poupolo

Mids: Swan Montagana Murphy Watson Cotchin Swallow
- Polec - Harris - Wallis -

Rucks: Sandilands Jolly
Smith - Derickx

FWD: Riewoldt Franklin Rioli Higgins Jurrah Krak Mzungu
Talia - Richarson - Lamb

$800 in the bank

You need to get rid of Drummond Smedts and Talia they wont be around for the first part of the season! Talia may get a gig if the crows get injuries, swap him for McKernan.

Drummond hasnt been sighted this P/S and id be surprised if he made a Rd1 appearence and if he does i wouldnt expect scores near his average!

Other than that any moves u want to do i'd suggest doing like for like or a couple downgrades to bank some cash! :thumbsu:

U do realise Cotch score 153 SC points this w/e against the Hawks dont ya? thats just to follow up his 108 against Port the week before!

Holy shit!

I better pick him up and the whole Essendon side. They are on fire in the practice games :rolleyes:

I don't re-call mentioning he can't score well by the way, he just has serious injury worries.

Ok Lads this is the side ive got at the moment!

DEF = Goddard - Gibbs - Deledio - Broughton - Grimes - Otten - Heppell
Subs = Toy - Batchelor - Duigan

MID = Swan - Murphy - Boyd - Boak - Kennedy - Cotchin
Subs = Harris - Buckley - Irons (will most likely change)

RUCK = Cox - Petrie
Subs = Z.Smith - Derickx (waiting to see who is worth subbing in to replace Petrie in rd 1 & 3)

FWD = N.Riewoldt - Franklin - S.Johnson - Higgins - Krakour - Richardson - Mzungu
Subs = Michie - McKernan - Matera (waiting to see who is named for Rd 1 to put on the field instead of Mzungu & Richardson if they dont play)

Also have $65k left over
Any thoughts would be good!
Cheers

Holy shit!

I better pick him up and the whole Essendon side. They are on fire in the practice games :rolleyes:

I don't re-call mentioning he can't score well by the way, he just has serious injury worries.

Past Tense mate, Had a full pre-season and his body is in great nick, i also recall players like Chapman,Didak,burgoyne,Hayes and even Judd all having injury interupted P/S's but still be wothy of selection in SC sides!

Will u not pick Anthony & Ziebell for the same reason even though Anthony is beautifully priced?

Past Tense mate, Had a full pre-season and his body is in great nick, i also recall players like Chapman,Didak,burgoyne,Hayes and even Judd all having injury interupted P/S's but still be wothy of selection in SC sides!

Will u not pick Anthony & Ziebell for the same reason even though Anthony is beautifully priced?

Firstly all players mentioned there have previously averaged over 100 points. Cotchin's best was last year and only 80.

Now for arguments sake. No to Ziebell because he isn't a proven scorer and he is fairly pricey.

I'm considering Anthony though, because he has averaged over 95 in a season and has proven he is a very good scorer. His injuries were also fairly innocuous, whilst Cotchin seems to have chronic soft tissue troubles.

On your side, Petrie is a poor R2 option. Especially considering he will miss Rounds 1 and 3.

And a poor forward line because you spent too much in your mids.

Firstly all players mentioned there have previously averaged over 100 points. Cotchin's best was last year and only 80.

Now for arguments sake. No to Ziebull because he isn't a proven scorer and he is fairly pricey.

I'm considering Anthony though, because he has averaged over 95 in a season and has proven he is a very good scorer. His injuries were also fairly innocuous, whilst Cotchin seems to have chronic soft tissue troubles.

On your side, Petrie is a poor R2 option. Especially considering he will miss Rounds 1 and 3.

And a poor forward line because you spent too much in your mids.

Nah fair point! also i wasnt trying to convince that Cotch should be in everyones midfield, as Richmond supporters we've been to training and scratch matches and can tell u he is 100% over those issues!

On the SC side, yeh im aware my FWD line has a little left to be desired i just scroll through the list of players and no1 peaks my interest, i want to stear clear of guys like Harvey,Goodes,Pavlich due to the reasons that i dont see much upside to them unless they are in impecable form and also id like to have a few targets in mind to upgrade to down the track!
Rucks im still playing with, this petrie suspension has pissed me off big time! lol

OK, so here is my third attemp (havent even saved this team yet, will wait for feedback on it).

Backs:
Brendon Goddard (D/M)
Bryce Gibbs (D/M)
Greg Broughton
Jack Grimes
Andy Otten
Kyle Cheney
One of:
Dyson Heppell (D/M)
Michael Coad
Josh Toy
Nick Duigan

MIDS:
Joel Selwood
Scott Pendlebury
Brett Deledio (M/D)
Liam Anthony
David Swallow
One of
Michael Hibberd (M/D)
Daniel Harris
Tendai Mzungu (M/F)
Andrew Krakouer (F/M)

RUCKS:
Aaron Sandilands
Darren Jolly
Zach Smith
Tom Derrickx

FORWARDS:
Paul Chapman (F/M)
Cyril Rioli
Brad Green
Mark LeCras
Shaun Higgins (F/M)
Chris Knights
Pat Veszpremi
Brandon Matera
Cam Richardson
Jarrod Lyons (or any other first year rookie who is going to play).

+ $194,300

Just a few points before people tell me to do this or do that:

- Kyle Cheney has had a very good pre season, according to tooserious.net Cheney only needs to average 38 over the first three weeks to increase his score, so surely he will do better than this.
- The two Gold Coast defenders in the back half? yes! two that should play a lot of games this year, not sold on many of the other rookie defenders, and one or even both of them may not still be there come round 7 (is it when they have the second bye?) so just a good old fashioned cash cow.
- Reallt like the mids, if everything goes well, potentially I may not have to do anything to it at all (unless I am in the right place at the right time, re: gun player drops to a right upgrade price.
- Rucks look good, thought do I go with the stock standard or do I look at utilising the MPP and try and work in Hale/Petrie combo?
- Quite a few risks on the forwards, Brad Green has been a mainstay in supercoach for the past few years, holding an average over 90 in every year since 05 bar his injury ravaged 09 season (still managed an 85 average over 12 games.
- Higgins and Knights are worth far to much to just be left alone, whilst LeCras has been ear marked for a far greater midfield role that could bump up his scoring.
- The 'Vez' is the most interesting one of my team, traded in for greater opportunities points to him playing a lot of games, again, according to TooSerious.net, he only needs to average ny on 50 to not drop in price (in seeing this, I may think about changing him, but to whom? a rookie?).

Any ways, just some justifications on a few players, I think the forward line is the biggest risk reward I have with the rest of my team really well suited.

Cheney might increase, but there is no point having him if he won't increase by at least $150k.

Forwards are risky. Not a fan of Nick Riewoldt? You have the cash you could upgrade Lecras

Really like the look of LeCras for this year, what do you think if I go to a rookie on Cheney then upgrade perhaps the Vez to a premium? just not completely sold on Riewoldt and his new goal kicking action. Seems to be pre occupied with other things on his mind.

Thoughts on mine lads?

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Toy, Puopolo, Duigan)

MID: Swan, Murphy, Bartel, Swallow, Harris, Mzungu (Atley, Hibberd, Wallis)

RUCK: Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Derickx)

FWD: Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Goodes, Petrie, Krakouer, Gamble (Prestia, Matera, McKernan)

$146 000 left.

Go, go, go

Made a few changes...

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell
(Toy, Duigan, Puopolo)

Mids: Swan, Judd, Pendlebury, D. Swallow, Gaff, Conca
(Harris, C. Beams, Wallis)

Rucks: Sandilands, Jolly
(Z. Smith, Derickx)

Fwds: Reiwoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Rioli, Higgins, Krakouer, Mzungu
(Richardson, I. Smith, Callinan)

$49,900 in the bank

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As of today:

Backs: Gibbs, Bruce, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Duigan (Toy, Puopolo, Hibberd)

Mids: Swan, Montagna, Boyd, Goodes, Cotchin, D Swallow (Polec, Harris, Liberatore)

Rucks: Jolly, Petrie (Bellchambers, Derickx)

Forwards: Chapman, Riewoldt, Rioli, Didak, Franklin, Duncan, Mzungu (Richardson, Smith, Michie)

Not sure on Jolly, Chapman, Didak, Bruce or Cotchin :(

Made a few changes...

(Toy, Duigan, Puopolo)

(Z. Smith, Derickx)

$49,900 in the bank

Good team, obviously Callinan is an issue... ;)

IMO freeing up either Conca or Gaff will give a lot more money (if swapped for another rookie, where there is a lot of good mids to choose from. This can then upgrade perhaps a Higgins? Not worth the risk I don't think

Made a few changes...

(Toy, Duigan, Puopolo)

(Z. Smith, Derickx)

$49,900 in the bank

Dont know if Gaff / Conca will play first up, Richmond midfield looks to be up and running at the moment, perhaps look at Hibberd from Essendon? Has been good through NAB cup, strong body, looks likely to play from round 1. Same re: Gaff. Looks talented but may not play with Kerr working his way towards fitness. Callinan out 10 to 12 weeks.
Wouldn't go with Swan and Pendlebury in the middle, perhaps one of the StKilda mids Del / Montag? Selwood ? and upgrade one of Gaff / Conca to a mid priced scoring option like Kennedy from the Swans or an up and comer like Sloane from Adelaide.
Just thoughts :thumbsu:

Thoughts on mine lads?

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Toy, Puopolo, Duigan)

FWD: Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Goodes, Petrie, Krakouer, Gamble (Prestia, Matera, McKernan)

$146 000 left.

Go, go, go

Complete re-write. Try again.

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Grimes, Adcock, Otten, Cheney <Duigan, Batchelor, Toy>

Mids: Swan, Judd, Cross, Anthony, Heppell, Swallow <Gaff, Wallis, McKernan>

Rucks: Sandi, Cox <Smith, Bailey>

Fwds: Riewoldt, Franklin, Sylvia, Higgins, Yarren, Krakouer, Smith <Matera, Richardson, Mzungu>

$103K left in the bank.

Thoughts on mine lads?

$146 000 left.

I think one too many rookies in the mids ( depending on which Swallow you have picked ), on your interchange probably only Hibberd a certain starter round 1, the rest may not incease in value quick enough to cash in and upgrade to a premium.
I would use the spare cash to upgarde one to a mid-priced scorer with upside.
Dont like Petrie, really dont think he is over his injuries, dont think he will stand up.

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Grimes, Adcock, Otten, Cheney <Duigan, Batchelor, Toy>

Fwds: Riewoldt, Franklin, Sylvia, Higgins, Yarren, Krakouer, Smith <Matera, Richardson, Mzungu>

$103K left in the bank.

Doesn't look much different.

You're still taking unnecessary risks on Adcock and Cheney. Your Forward line is awful too.

Really like the look of LeCras for this year, what do you think if I go to a rookie on Cheney then upgrade perhaps the Vez to a premium? just not completely sold on Riewoldt and his new goal kicking action. Seems to be pre occupied with other things on his mind.

Why, he plateaued last year averaging the same as the year before?

Can't see him improving to much, and rumours of him playing more in the midfield were unfounded the other night.

$103K left in the bank.

Don't like those three in the forward line together. Too much of the same. Would use the cash and upgrade to another premium.
With a touch of bias I would leave Yarran in as I think he will have a breakout year. Was electrifying off the half back flank Vs Adelaide in the practice match. I'd trade out Sylvia for another premium.

I will throw mine up, input welcome
Backs
Goddard
Gibbs
Deledio
Grimes
Heppell
Otten
Duigan
Coad
Puopolo
Hibberd