Rate my team Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the look of your side
no glaring deficiencies.
I would however downgrade someone like Watson or Cooney, to say an Armitage or Masten, who both are going to improve by about 15 points per game on their average last year.
Dangerfield has been having injury troubles of late...so i would reassess there. Ballantyne maybe?
Their is better value in your defence than Stewart. Waters? if over his injury concerns he is immediate best 22.
You should have some left over cash so could fix up one of your forwards or defenders
This is all just my opinion however:D
Everyone has Masten pencilled in for a rise of 15ppg, but i cant see it from his NAB form. Waters is no better value than Stewart. Theres no guarantee Waters will get back to his 2006 form, or that he wont get injured or dropped from the team.

28incz8.jpg

Very different Whomb. I like it.
Don't like the pick of Tarrant though, he will play but wont average that much to be a cash cow.

Love the Howlett pick ;)

Everyone has Masten pencilled in for a rise of 15ppg, but i cant see it from his NAB form. Waters is no better value than Stewart. Theres no guarantee Waters will get back to his 2006 form, or that he wont get injured or dropped from the team.
i agree about Masten but disagree with your second point.

if Waters stays fit then i see him playing a lot of games. at a 150k starting point just about any player is good value if they're playing. he may not get back to 2007 form (avg 79) but at his price he doesn't need to. his 2008 avg of 69 would give him a pass for me.

i see it much more likely that Stewart (whose pre-season scores plateaued after never reaching any great heights) gets dropped a few rounds in and has an intermittent season in Port's best 22. plus he's 50k more expensive.

1. Goddard, B

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $455,700

2. Hurn, S

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $312,400

3. Ellis, X

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $305,600

4. Everitt, A

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $237,300

5. Kennelly, T

Pts: 0 Avg: 0 $204,700

6. Ladson, R

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $185,100

7. Waters, B

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $152,800

23. Smith, J

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $137,900

24. Maguire, M

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $101,700

m
i
d
f
i
e
l
d8. Gibbs, B

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $470,000

9. Selwood, J

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $453,400

10. Cross, D

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $420,900

11. Hodge, L

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $366,800

12. Cotchin, T

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $296,200

13. Kerr, D

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $271,600

25. Barlow, M

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $105,800

26. Moles, B

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $83,800

r
u
c
k
s14. Sandilands, A

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $419,800

15. Kreuzer, M

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $330,500

27. Warnock, R

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $101,800

28. Stanley, R

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $94,500

f
o
r
w
a
r
d
s16. Riewoldt, N

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $468,100

17. Pavlich, M

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $404,900

18. Franklin, L

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $354,900

19. Tippett, K

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $319,400

20. Medhurst, P

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $289,200

21. Dangerfield, P

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $232,000

22. Veszpremi, P

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $204,300

29. Dennis-Lane, T

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $89,500

30. Podsiadly, J

Pts: 0 Avg: N/A $77,800

Please comment, greatly appreciated

Hey guys,

Could you have a look over my team and show me where I have gone wrong? Theres a few big risks in there but they might pay off, any help would be appreciated!

Team.jpg

Hey guys,

Could you have a look over my team and show me where I have gone wrong? Theres a few big risks in there but they might pay off, any help would be appreciated!

Team.jpg

Couple of really nice picks in there that I currently don't have the cojones to leave in my taem (Garland, Redden).

Daresay Corey may be a bit underdone and would try to avoid starting Rohan but those aside, I really like your starting team.

Bench players may need some work but you probably know that already.

Nice work overall. :thumbsu:

Thanks for the tips, who should i change on the bench? Also whats wrong with Corey? Mr. Consistancy I say

Have a look at the backline players and Cunnington IMO.

Corey had some work done on his knee and is somewhat shaky for round 1 so I wouldn't say he's as safe a pick as he would usually be.

Who knows though, he might get named and tear it up like always.

Have a look the backline players and Cunnington IMO.

Corey had some work done on his knee and is somewhat shaky for round 1 so I wouldn't say he's as safe a pick as he would usually be.

Who knows though, he might get named and tear it up like always.

Who do you reccommend over p davis and b sheppard? I've traded cunnington for Shuey, put in Vince for Corey, then updated hitchcock for watts, will watts get a run this year/be decent?

Hey fellas, having a couple of dillemmas:

Backs: Goddard, Hodge, Shaw, Mackie, Kennelly, Hunt, Waters (Roberton, Davies)

Mids: Montagna, Bartel, Ball, Trengrove, Martin, Barlow (Jetta, Banner)

Ruck: Clark, Hille (Warnock, Lobbe)

Fwds: Riewoldt, ROK, Brown, Gia, Hall, Ballantyne, Dangerfield (Rockliffe, Hitchcock)

Remaining funds: $257,600

My first question: obvious I've got a bit of cash to spare. I'm very unsure regarding ballantynes and dangerfields spots. Ballantynes under a bit of an injury cloud, and I'm not sold on Dangerfields NAB cup performances. I have the cash to be able to upgrade both to a Betts/Franklin combo... but with not as much possible value... thats still leave me a bit of cash left over... or should I spend it elsewhere? (or leave it)

second question: Benched defenders - really unsure on those 2 atm

third: if I leave the forwards, I could swap Hille for Sandilands, and have my 2 rucks set for the season (bar injury)..

I'm losing sleep over this! Any advice appreciated :)

Hey Guys Not Sure if I Should keep Trengove in the Midfield and downgrade a premium defender or Forward?? Any other Thoughts or Rating Appreciated

Backs: Goddard, Enright, Duffield, Hodge, H Shaw, Ladson, J Hunt: Maguire, Silvagni

Midfield: Bartel, Gibbs, Boyd, Trengove, Martin, Barlow: Banner, Bastinac/Shuey

Rucks: Sandilands, Hille: Warnock, Skipper

Forwards: Riewoldt, Brown, Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Franklin, B Hall, Rockliff: Gumbleton, Podsiadly/Hitchcock

28,500k left in the bank

I'm going for Guns/Rookies approach but any thoughts guys? cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My team to date:

Backs-
Goddard, Enright, Carrazzo, Duffield, Goodwin, Hunt, Waters (Maguire, Silvagni)

Mids- Ablett, Ball, Armitage, Trengove, Martin, Barlow (Shuey, Banner)

Rucks- Sandilands, Hille (Warnock, Roughead)

Forwards- Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Brown, Pavlich, Gray, Ziebell, Rockcliff (Gumbleton, Podsiadly)

$200,500 left over. I'm open to any suggestions.

Thoughts and comments?

My team to date:

Backs-
Goddard, Enright, Carrazzo, Duffield, Goodwin, Hunt, Waters (Maguire, Silvagni)

Mids- Ablett, Ball, Armitage, Trengove, Martin, Barlow (Shuey, Banner)

Rucks- Sandilands, Hille (Warnock, Roughead)

Forwards- Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Brown, Pavlich, Gray, Ziebell, Rockcliff (Gumbleton, Podsiadly)

$200,500 left over. I'm open to any suggestions.

Thoughts and comments?

Improve your midfield, to have 3 rookies you need a strong 3 behind it, im also not sold on goodwin as of his age but apart from that the team is solid and with the use of your cash it could look A material.

j5j9ec.jpg

Thoughts ?

We have very similar teams, so well done! Haha. Jokes aside however, i recently got rid of Ladson because his pre-season form has been very mediocre and there are still concerns over his knee. Waters however is cheaper, has averaged around 30 more points and looks more likely to be fit to play 22 games.

Another minor gripe is you don't have an absolute lock captain each week such as a Swan or Bartel in the midfield. Riewoldt will most likely cover you however.

Gumbleton on the bench is a gamble too with his injury concerns and past. Could pay off handsomely however.

My team:

49432090.jpg

Rationale on Betts = cheaper than Ziebell and has averaged more points over the pre-season. by all reports to have a break out year (super fit), and a very unique pick at that!

here is my effort so far
Backs- Goddard, Enright, Carrazzo, Hodge, Shaw, Kennelly, Waters (Maguire, Nason)

Mids- Swan, Bartel, Ball, Trengove, Martin, Barlow (Shuey, Banner)

Rucks- Clarke, Hille (Warnock, Trengrove)

Forwards- Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Gia, Franklin, Gray, Ziebell, Dangerfield (Gumbleton, Podsiadly)

very similar looking side, so only naturally am i inclined to say it's a beauty :D

I have my concerns over kennelly however due to him never actually being a DT star and people seem to be jumping blindly on the bandwagon but this is just a person opinion

Other than that seems to be an all round solids team.
I would also swap Mackie in for someone else...Very inconsistant

thx for you reply....i had same concerns over kennelly hence got in waters which gave me cash :)

So Mackie OUT Gram IN, Silvangi OUT Nason IN.....
. In summery i sured up def...that its prob the best part of team :)!

Backs - Goddard, Gram, Enright, Hodge, H. Shaw, Hunt, Waters (Magurie, Nason)

Mids - Bartel (c), Boyd, Ball, Masten, Martin, Barlow (Shuey, Banner)

Rucks - Sandi, Hille (Warnock, Roughead)

Forwards - Roo, ROK, Gia, Grey, Zeibell, Hall, Dangerfield (Rockliff, Podsiadly)

3k left...........

Very satisfied with backline (as i think it was toughest this year,....as in past years as well)

Concerns are with grey over mystirous injury?!?!?!
And Boyd....i know he is solid....but last NAB games put some doubt (prob paranoia :) )

thx,

Hey guys.

Hows my team looking.

Enright, Goodwin, Hodge, Shaw, Kenelly, Hunt, Waters (Maguire, Nason)

Bartel, Mitchell, Watson, Ball, Martin, Barlow (Trengrove, Banner)

Sandilands, Hille (Warnock, Roughead)

Riewoldt, O Keefe, Pavlich, Gia, Le Cras, Zieball, B Hall (Rockliff, Podsiadly)

Hey guys.

Hows my team looking.

Enright, Goodwin, Hodge, Shaw, Kenelly, Hunt, Waters (Maguire, Nason)

Bartel, Mitchell, Watson, Ball, Martin, Barlow (Trengrove, Banner)

Sandilands, Hille (Warnock, Roughead)

Riewoldt, O Keefe, Pavlich, Gia, Le Cras, Zieball, B Hall (Rockliff, Podsiadly)

Not a bad team :thumbsu:.

Interesting pick with Goodwin. I feel he is abit risky though given his age. There are better options around his price.

Here is my team right now. Not completely sold on it. I feel my midfield is a little weak.

Back: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, H.Shaw, Harbrow, Kennelly, Hunt (Maquire, Silvagni)

Mids: Bartel, Boyd, Ball, Trengrove, Martin, Barlow (Shuey, Bastinac)

Rucks:
Sandi, Hille (Warnock, Roughy)

Forwards: Volt, ROK, Pav, Gia, Grey, Ziebell, Dangerfield (Rockcliff, Pods)

thoughts?

Not a bad team :thumbsu:.

Interesting pick with Goodwin. I feel he is abit risky though given his age. There are better options around his price.

Here is my team right now. Not completely sold on it. I feel my midfield is a little weak.

Back: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, H.Shaw, Harbrow, Kennelly, Hunt (Maquire, Silvagni)

Mids: Bartel, Boyd, Ball, Trengrove, Martin, Barlow (Shuey, Bastinac)

Rucks:
Sandi, Hille (Warnock, Roughy)

Forwards: Volt, ROK, Pav, Gia, Grey, Ziebell, Dangerfield (Rockcliff, Pods)

thoughts?

There is so much depth in this years midfied its probably worth the risk of starting 3 rookies. My opinion is that if your starting 3 rookies you need 3 gun midfielders. Bartel, Boyd are fine but a Selwood or someone would be good for your 3rd.

Like your pick of harbrow. I think he will have a great year.
Not sold on Dangerfield. I think he is a so so player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back