Rate the trade for both WCE and Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought most people would have assumed when I said Kreuzer that I was referring to pick 1.
Obviously not.

I bolded the changed part of my original post.
Again I thought that was obvious.

Daytripper, Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers could set up a nice little holiday house on the islands in your incredibly strange logic stream.

According to the way you are explaining yourself the Blues have paid for pick one with #20 and Kennedy. Okay. But you think that's good for them? By that theory the Tigers have got pick 2 for nothing, the Demons paid zilch for #4, Dogs the big zero for #5, etc, etc, etc. In fact Carlton must be the only team ever to pay for a pick that they already had, not to mention the derision and lack of respect from the football community that the pick had already cost them.

I know you'll respond and I know that it'll give me a giggle, but have a good think before you put finger to keyboard. Maybe read a bit of Edward De Bono (nothing to do with U2) or just take a short break from whatever chemicals that earned you your monicker. And cheers for trying.

Daytripper, Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers could set up a nice little holiday house on the islands in your incredibly strange logic stream.

According to the way you are explaining yourself the Blues have paid for pick one with #20 and Kennedy. Okay. But you think that's good for them? By that theory the Tigers have got pick 2 for nothing, the Demons paid zilch for #4, Dogs the big zero for #5, etc, etc, etc. In fact Carlton must be the only team ever to pay for a pick that they already had, not to mention the derision and lack of respect from the football community that the pick had already cost them.

I know you'll respond and I know that it'll give me a giggle, but have a good think before you put finger to keyboard. Maybe read a bit of Edward De Bono (nothing to do with U2) or just take a short break from whatever chemicals that earned you your monicker. And cheers for trying.

I think what he meant was that one way to look at is that the deal should have been 1 and 3 for judd, but the Blues got to keep 1/kruezer by trading 20 and Kennedy, with the question being whether #1 will turn out to be better than #20/Kennedy.

I think what he meant was that one way to look at is that the deal should have been 1 and 3 for judd, but the Blues got to keep 1/kruezer by trading 20 and Kennedy, with the question being whether #1 will turn out to be better than #20/Kennedy.

Thankyou

Ah... so he meant what I said, then disagreed with it. lol.

I have no problem with anyone saying that the fairness of the deal depends on whether 20 + Kennedy is better or worse than Kreuzer. Probably a little bit worse, but I have never seen Kreuzer, so my opinion on that means little. Then again, I suspect 1 & 3 for Judd was over the odds, especially when noone else could have made a remotely comparable offer.

Ah... so he meant what I said, then disagreed with it. lol.

I have no problem with anyone saying that the fairness of the deal depends on whether 20 + Kennedy is better or worse than Kreuzer. Probably a little bit worse, but I have never seen Kreuzer, so my opinion on that means little. Then again, I suspect 1 & 3 for Judd was over the odds, especially when noone else could have made a remotely comparable offer.

What's funnier is you labeled what he said ridiculous and then went on to agree with it. You were both pretty much saying the same thing, just coming from different angles and it took someone else to point it out to you.

You were still wrong.

You cant go from:

pick 1 FOR Kreuzer; and
pick 3, 20 and Kennedy FOR Judd
[total: 1, 3, 20, Kennedy FOR Kreuzer, Judd]

into:

Carlton have basically received Judd for pick 3 and have also received Kreuzer for Kennedy and pick 20.

In your suggestion they traded Judd for 3, 20 and Kennedy (true) and got Kreuzer for nothing. How is that possible when they had to give up pick 1? You have to remove Kreuzer (as his drafting had nothing to do with West Coast) or add pick 1 as something they gave away in order to get the Judd-Kreuzer combination (if you want to look at them together).

If you are going to use the logic that Judd is worth 1 and 3, you have to say Judd was traded for 1 and 3, but you redeemed it by getting pick 1 back in an exchange for Kennedy and 20 (to balance out both sides of the 'equation') [I'm guessing this was the point of your post - but you ruined it by saying they got 2 good deals of Judd v 3 as well as the Kreuzer/Kennedy one]

What's funnier is you labeled what he said ridiculous and then went on to agree with it. You were both pretty much saying the same thing, just coming from different angles and it took someone else to point it out to you.

Maybe.. But I say he never actually said what you said he said. He first said what I said he said, then he said thankyou (or "what you said") when you said what I said.

i.e. I maintain that his first post was ridiculous, made even more ridiculous by labeling the trade ridiculous.

Maybe.. But I say he never actually said what you said he said. He first said what I said he said, then he said thankyou (or "what you said") when you said what I said.

The above sounds like something Sir Humphrey Appleby would say. :D

Okay - I'll be a little clearer.
In a fair market, Judd is worth picks 1 and 3. That is where I am coming from.

Therefore again effectively.
Judd has been traded for #3 and
Kennedy plus #20 has been traded for #1/Kreuzer.

Carlton did very well in getting one of the best players in the comp. A guy that will help the club both on and off the field they would be very happy.

Given the situation we were in with Juddy nominating one club, I would say we would be reasonably happy as well.. I am. Whereas Cartlons success in this trade will be measure as soon as next year. Ours will be over a few years as the players we get with 3 and 20 as well as Josh Kennedy continue to develop.

I think both teams did fairly well.

Deep down I'm not overly excited about the deal. I believe we paid heavily for Judd. We needed experience/leaders however today and paid accordingly. Kennedy is going to be a great player, Cotchin at 3 (because Richmond are Bitchmond) will be a great player and then you get the iceing of pick20! That's a good deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton ****ed West Coast in the arse by only giving up pick 3, pick 20 and dud Kennedy for the best player in the league. Carlton then pulled out and blew in their face to also get West Coast's 3rd rounder. Ordinary result for the Eagles.

Blues would happy they kept the No 1 pick......Judd was probably worth 1,3 and 20 considering some of the crap deals that have taken place over the years.
Blues also beat arch rivals Collingwood and Essendon for Judds services and thats a big confidence builder for the clubs administration and will help them sell memberships.
Even though I am biased being a Blues supporter I would have our nose slightly in front give all the extras that Judd brings to our club.
Trent Cotchin will be our next target...another two years and we will have him home where he belongs working with Judd.:thumbsu::)

The above sounds like something Sir Humphrey Appleby would say. :D

Okay - I'll be a little clearer.
In a fair market, Judd is worth picks 1 and 3. That is where I am coming from.

Therefore again effectively.
Judd has been traded for #3 and
Kennedy plus #20 has been traded for #1/Kreuzer.
The bold part is still wrong, no matter whether you say "effectively" or not.

You are saying Judd and pick 1 have been traded for 3, 20 and Kennedy. This is wrong no matter how you write it.

Lets just say West Coast and Carlton did a fair trade. Judd FOR picks 1 and 3. Then West Coast have "effectively" traded pick 1 back for Kennedy and pick 20.

It would be fair to say, that assuming Judd is worth 1 and 3, that the Eagles are missing out on pick 1 and getting Kennedy and 20 in return. Thus, the second line of your "effective" trade is correct. However, it is only correct if you take Judd as being traded for 1 and 3 (NOT just 3). Judd has not "effectively" been traded for pick 3.

Lets just say that the Hierarchy at Carlton are taking it in turns in completely violating West Coasts negotiating team.

Swann has them today, Pratt gets his turn tomorrow and Barb will finish the job off over the weekend!

Carlton are making the same mistake with Judd as they the one they made with Koutoufides for years. Their spread of player salaries is still, of course, way too "top heavy". They really should call in a consultant to advise them on how to balance their expenditure in such a way as to promote maximum value for money among the *whole playing group*. Their attitude towards player salaries seems to be a hangover from the pre-salary cap era when they had so much of their success.

Carlton unfortunately got caught up in the euphoria surrounding Judd's "return home". As a result of their ongoing preference of putting too many eggs in one basket, the core of Carlton's squad will continue to be riddled with mediocrity.

It is a fact that Judd will from now on be more injury prone than he has been at any other stage in his career. He is carrying the damage that he has accumulated over the 6 years he spent at the Eagles. Assuming he averages 15 games/year over his next 6 years, which is more than Koutoufides over the last 6 years, Carlton will incur a loss of roughly 1/3 of its $6 million contract over its 5 year duration, or $400,000 a year, which would of course have been better spent on the other players.

Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteitis_pubis
"There is no specific treatment for osteitis pubis, and it frequently causes long-term problems, in some cases ending a player's career... Surgical intervention, such as wedge resection of the pubis symphysis, is sometimes attempted in severe cases, but its success rate is not high, and surgery may lead to later pelvic problems."

Herald Sun:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22436981-11088,00.html
The West Coast Eagles' medical staff have refused to release any details of Judd's injury... despite him having formally quit the club.

A big win for the West Coast Eagles.

- Deejay

Carlton picked up a bargain in Judd and well West Coast only time will tell with kennedy and their draft picks.

As great as it is to have Judd in the navy blue, I think the Blues paid too much.

We have given away pick 3, pick 20 plus the player who was pick 4 in the 2005 draft. Kennedy has had a tough time of it at Carlton, and none of it was his fault

I reckon pick 3 and 20 would have been enough - eagles were ripe for the picking once Judd nominated Carlton

We were always going to lose Judd and we get to draft like we finished at the bottom of the ladder and picked up a player who may be ready to hit his straps. I don't think we did too badly in all the cirumstances. We are freshening up a strong list while we are still in our premiership window.

Don't think Carlton Screwed you to be honest, they had all the advantage.

Chris Judd screwed you when he said i only wanted to go to Carlton!

if he really wanted to go home for family reasons, he would of told West Coast there are 9 melbourne Clubs get me to one of them...

How much more do you think REALISTICALLY the other 8 clubs would have given?? Get serious that was about as good as anyone would have given.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rate the trade for both WCE and Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back