News Ratten Interview on SEN this afternoon

Remove this Banner Ad

Ratten Press Conference this afternoon

Carlton coach Brett Ratten says he won't be afraid to swing the axe on Thursday, when he decides who will keep their spot in the senior team.

His threats come after the Blues were thumped by Essendon on Friday night, leaving Ratten fuming.

"When you have a performance like we did, all positions are up for review and debate," Ratten said.

"No-one's safe, you could say."

Carlton was further embarrassed today, after Essendon youngster Tayte Pears was awarded the Rising Star nomination of the round, after playing on Blues spearhead Brendan Fevola.

Ratten says Fevola is no certainty to play this week, after an operation on his finger.

Even so, Ratten joked he would love to make 22 changes this week, but will instead make just three or four.

One likely player to return to the seniors is Bret Thornton, while veterans such as Nick Stevens are under review.

"We've got to assist each other a lot better than that," Ratten said.

http://www.sportsentral.com/pro/main/storyreader.aspx?sid=13282&sr=all

Listern to the full interview here - http://www.sportsentral.com/pro/main/storyreader.aspx?sid=13282&sr=all

Not wanting to do the whole "reliable source thing", however, I have heard a whisper that Stevens is definately out of the team this week.

You'd hope Fev and Murphy can get up for this game then if true - I'm not so sure this week is a good time to drop him if either of the two mentioned are out, especially since our plan of taking a more experienced side has been the only tactic to gain a win interstate this year.

Not wanting to do the whole "reliable source thing", however, I have heard a whisper that Stevens is definately out of the team this week.

It gets my vote.

So who comes in for him? Is Bentick over his injury? Hadley? Another inside midfielder takes the pressure off Judd. Speed is going to be the issue however at Subi.

Round one and two we looked dangerous with Hadley firing, an inside mid is our biggest concern at the moment.

Has been ever since we dropped Bentick. WIll be and has been the reason why we continually struggle against Sydney, Adelaide and Essendon. I know everyone creams about Essendon's speed (which imo is vastly overrated look at their game vs Geelong for proof) it's their ability to beat us around the clearances that hurts. Forget last week, but if you look over round 3 and 13? from last year, they were able to get the ball quickly into their forward line far too easily.

You'd hope Fev and Murphy can get up for this game then if true - I'm not so sure this week is a good time to drop him if either of the two mentioned are out, especially since our plan of taking a more experienced side has been the only tactic to gain a win interstate this year.

whats wrong with Murphy???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind Stevens being dropped, but anyone who wants Fev to be dropped is a dead set nuffie and/or is advocating 'tanking' ...

A couple of weeks ago, he nearly single handidly won us the game against Brisbane, he is one of our very few match-winners

Who is the player(s) that could kick like a 4 or 5 goal for us if we dropped Fev anyhow ?

Talk of dropping Fev is crazy ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back