Rawlings a Dog!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to finally confirm that we've got him. He should be a huge asset to the club. And to all those disillusioned North supporters out there that thought they were gonna get him...two fingers up!

Best news I've heard in a while!! Found out on the 7:00 news on Triple M this morning, definitely awoke me from the half-sleep I'm in for the first 10 minutes after the alarm goes off.

Nice pic on the back page of the Hun as well, although it's interesting that Jade doesn't have the WorkSafe sponsorship patches on his shirt, where Rohder does. Must have been an old shirt that they gave him!!!

Originally posted by dogman22
Nice pic on the back page of the Hun as well, although it's interesting that Jade doesn't have the WorkSafe sponsorship patches on his shirt, where Rohder does. Must have been an old shirt that they gave him!!!

I think worksafe only appears on the coaching staff shirts? im pretty sure, but who cares haha. glad we have him though. And nathan brown is still crapping on in the papers...

Congratulations to Scott Clayton & his recruiting team for the recruiting coup:

basically Brown & Alvey for Rawlings, Veale & Street.

I'll put my hand up and say I was one of the people that were very pessimistic at the end of trade time after the 'Veale deal'.

I'm glad to be eating humble pie though:)

Congrats to the Doggies.

Phase 2 - COME ON DOWN NICK STEVENS!!!!!

Ta dada dada Ta dada dada TA dada dada dada dada da da da

We are the Navy Blues....

Better learn it cos you are going to need it!!!

Originally posted by Tank
Congratulations to Scott Clayton & his recruiting team for the recruiting coup:

basically Brown & Alvey for Rawlings, Veale & Street.

I'll put my hand up and say I was one of the people that were very pessimistic at the end of trade time after the 'Veale deal'.

I'm glad to be eating humble pie though:)

Did anyone think I would be too mature to say " I told you so"?

BUH_BOW!

TOLDYAS SO! :D :D :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by cairo tiger
N brown is god

The guy from Melbourne? Hes alright but he isnt god.

In all seriousness this is a great day for the club, we went out on a limb and pulled of the most audacious/biggest coup in our history. Maybe our luck is changing? Well done to everyone involved.

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
4 year deal? Surprising.

Looking forward to Round 4 - Judas will be given a lot of "encouragement" by the Hawk fans.

Good work by the Dogs though.

When he's putting through his 6th of the day to put us 10 in front, i'm sure he won't mind all the "encouragement" he's receive

:D

What nice way to start the day. Jade Rawlings in Red White & Blue

Glad that it is all over and the club can plan for 2004. I am going to be confused seeing all these tall blokes in the key positions hence the midfielders can kick the ball long with confidence.
Thank you to Jade Rawlings for agreeing to the deal before leaving for his honeymoon which means Sign On Day will be an even more enjoyable day for us all.
Thanks to Clayton,Rohde,Newport,Smorgon and Rose for sticking to their guns, targeting Rawlings and getting him. We could have kept pick 6 and picked up a promising 18 year old like Clarke or McLean but the structure of the side needed an overhaul and we needed a ready made mature KP player now.
It truly is a great day for the club.

Scray 72

Could not agree with you any more.

I will be taking the boy with me on Saturday and we will be there with pride and confidence in our great club!

A day like today has been a long time a comin.

Originally posted by SCRAY72
Glad that it is all over and the club can plan for 2004. I am going to be confused seeing all these tall blokes in the key positions hence the midfielders can kick the ball long with confidence.
Thank you to Jade Rawlings for agreeing to the deal before leaving for his honeymoon which means Sign On Day will be an even more enjoyable day for us all.
Thanks to Clayton,Rohde,Newport,Smorgon and Rose for sticking to their guns, targeting Rawlings and getting him. We could have kept pick 6 and picked up a promising 18 year old like Clarke or McLean but the structure of the side needed an overhaul and we needed a ready made mature KP player now.
It truly is a great day for the club.

Well said

Originally posted by Curly5
If he's just left for his honeymoon he won't be there on Sign On day. But I would think there would be a pretty positive atmosphere around the Whitten Oval. Will all the other players be there, and the new recruits?

Koops is now in Melbourne so he will be there along with Street and Morgan and of course Veale.
And our other boom recruit. Chris Grant.

Fantastic to be able to read this! I really didnt expect the news so soon. With the dogs saying that we would wait until after the wedding and honeymoon.

Just goes to show that the Dogs admin can negotiate a contract if it really wants to, and I guess shows how much Brown and Rose disliked each other. Oh Well.

Welcome to the Kennel Jade!!!:D :D

Sensational news. I am absolutely rapt!!!! We can stick to those supporters from other teams who have given us baggings and who have generally told us that we are sly in the our dealings. At the end of the day we got what we wanted. Well done to the board and recruitment staff and a big welcome to Jade.

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Go the mighty doggies let us kick some butt in 2004.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rawlings a Dog!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back