Preview Rd 10 2013: Brisbane Lions v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A
All I'm saying is, don't be afraid to put a cheeky $20 on Brisbane @ 3.00-something.
I think I saw somewhere we r playing around 5 or 6 players thats played 20 games or under. Plus you beat essendon a couple weeks ago :p I know my team well and there confidence is shot, no way are we gonna win by 42 like someone said, it's going to bed a hard tight game, especially in the wet.

Best defender is out, best forward is also possibly out, best midfielder is out, best ruckman who was looking so good prior to his injury is also out. I don't think it can get any worse than that.

Also, the changes for this game anyone?

In: Longer, Clarke, Karnezis
Out: Brown, Leuenberger, Mayes

Sam Michael will go forward and Clarke to resume his position in defence.

Last time we were told that Leuey would be out for 4-6 weeks, it ended up being considerably more than that.

Hopefully his thumb injury doesn't turn into an injury like his achillies or something again. At least with a thumb injury he's still able to keep his fitness up, as it won't hamper his running too much.

I think I saw somewhere we r playing around 5 or 6 players thats played 20 games or under.

Apart from the Essendon game, every side we've put out this season has had 7-9 players with less than 25 games.

I think Collingwood has too much top end talent playing for us to counter. Pendlebury, Swan and Cloke are top 10 players in the league, even though Swan has been down on form.

Shattered about Leuey, I hope he is only out for about a month rather than on the longer end of the spectrum.

It's interesting because now Longer genuinely has to show he can be the #1 ruckman. I think we've managed him well to this stage and not overplayed him, so I'm keen to see him come in and give it a red hot go.

I also remember Stef Martin playing some very strong footy as the number one ruck a couple of years ago, so once his ankle heals that's an option too if Billy needs a rest.

Still excited about the game - with the sense of occasion I can't not be.

Best defender is out, best forward is also possibly out, best midfielder is out, best ruckman who was looking so good prior to his injury is also out. I don't think it can get any worse than that.

Also, the changes for this game anyone?

In: Longer, Clarke, Karnezis
Out: Brown, Leuenberger, Mayes

Sam Michael will go forward and Clarke to resume his position in defence.
That sounds realistic. I think Mayes needs a rest although I wouldn't be angry if he stayed in the side.
I'm wondering if Voss sees Michael as more than a stop-gap too. If he wanted to give him a taste because we really needed him to come in, I could see Paparone possibly coming back in to offer us some agility in the forward line and some late game run in place of Michael.

I hope Browny gets off but I am far from hopeful. I also expect McGrath to miss. Golby is gone,Leuie is gone and Maguire no good by the sounds. I am thinking this might be the best we have got.

Adcock Clark Docherty
Patfull Staker Yeo
Zorko Black Hanley
Bewick Lisle Lester
Green Michael Polkinghorne

Longer Moloney Redden
Raines Rockliff Crisp Karnezis/Mayes

Michael will change in the Ruck with Longer and provide a good foil size wise for Staker and Clark if either of them gets taken apart by Cloke or the Qstik. We need the run of Zorko around the centre as we definitely need to have our best guns firing through the centre if we are to be any hope. Mayesy looked tired last week and he is in the running for a rest or sub role. I tossed up between Docherty and Harwood but went for Docherty for the kick ins. Sorry no love for Acorn however I did toss up McKeever for Lisle.

Tom Rockliff is gone for 2 weeks as well.

For real? This is a ****ing joke now.

Just put me in a medically induced coma for the next 3 weeks.

Ditch the 3peat jumper this week and wear it later in the year. It deserves better. :thumbsdown:

For real? This is a ******* joke now.

Just put me in a medically induced coma for the next 3 weeks.

Ditch the 3peat jumper this week and wear it later in the year. It deserves better. :thumbsdown:

I don't know who to blame. My mind is still refusing to believe that we got no chance.I think I will give up if Browny loses his case tonight..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its on the Brisbane Lions website

Rockliff is expected to miss two weeks after suffering a minor quad strain against Carlton, while Leuenberger will spend a month on the sidelines with residual damage from his dislocated thumb.

I guess we will be finding out just how powerful the magic of the 3peat Guernsey is the week. Cmon boys produce something special

I have hopes considering its a Friday night game + 3 peat jumper time. Collingwood were abysmal last week and seriously we all are rating them higher than they should be. At present, they are much more vulnerable than carlton.

If we convert our chances, we can have a huge night. They have many outs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back