Preview Rd 10 2013: Brisbane Lions v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a long time a week and a half of footy can be. :eek:

If both Brown and now Rockliff miss, then you have to think long and hard, about who can come in and make an impact.

In my opinion,
If Brown is out Clarke in
Move Michael up forward where he has been playing
Longer for Leuey
Karnezis for Rockliff
Green gets a full game
Mayes or Paparone Sub

If Brown is in
Clarke in for Michael
Longer for Leuey
Karnezis for Rockliff
Green full game
Mayes or Paparone sub

Makes for horrible reading with 27% of our list unavailable for Friday's game.

Injured:

Matt Maguire (145 games)
Mitch Golby (29)
Patrick Wearden (0)
Tom Rockliff (71)
Jared Polec (16)
Stefan Martin (61)
Matt Leuenberger (77)
Daniel Rich (86)
Claye Beams (15)

Suspended:

Daniel Merrett (143)
Jonathan Brown* (239)

Should Brown not get off, you could easily make the case that 8 of those are in our top 22 players.

Great opportunity for one of the younger guys.

Far out. If we had Rich, Leuenberger, Brown, Merrett and Rockliff we might have actually be a chance on Friday...

Banfield appeared to injure himself in the 2s on the weekend.

I thought the initial reports were he was taken off to be an emergency for the seniors. That would make sense given Golby had already been replaced.

Although he may have just been injured as you say.

We could be looking at 12 players with less than 40 games experience each in our side.

I thought the initial reports were he was taken off to be an emergency for the seniors. That would make sense given Golby had already been replaced.

We could be looking at 12 players with less than 40 games experience each in our side.

If Banfield is indeed fit then he would probably have to come into the mix, if Brown is out with him and Green at least we can maximise our forward 50 defensive pressure and get Michael/Longer to tap some balls down to ground and let the terriers loose. That's if we get it in there of course.

Brennan's quad has to be one of my darkest memories of footy and this forum.

Am I right in thinking that Maguire' injury is a quad or a calf, hence the delays in his return?
Website says shin but probably more like a "virus"

I heard he came off in the 2s, looked a little proppy & was icing up.

But it sounds like that might have been over hyped if you believe the Reserves wrap. Good to hear he's ok.

Just got the news. UGXREROWUIQXGHREFWODBVQSWDGI WQSUZVICBDS ODZAS NOOOOOOOOO *********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DO THE FOOTY GODS HATE US!!!!?????? ect. ect.

Honestly, Rockliff and Leuenberger?

You could argue that our 5 best players are out this week. Rich, Merrett, Leuy, Brown, and Rockliff. I hope Browny gets off!

This week we will be missing our two best key defenders- Merrett and Maguire, Our two vice-captain midfielders Rich and Rockliff, Our number 1 Ruckman- Leuy, Our champion, captain Browny (Maybe), our best small defender in Golby, our back up Ruck option in Martin, and a fringe 22 young gun in Beams.

To break it down, we will be going into this match minus our best big defender, our best small defender, our number 1 Ruck, our best midfielder and our best KPF(Maybe). On top of that we are without our back up big defender option and our back up Ruck option. This is getting ridiculous.

My changes if Brown is out would be:

In: Clarke Longer Crisp Karnezis
Out: Brown Leuy Rockliff Mayes (Rest)

If Brown stays in:

In: Clarke Longer Crisp Karnezis
Out: Michael Leuy Rockliff Mayes (Rest)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm surprised really, that we are contesting the Brown charge.

Frankly, it was a stupid act and I'll be amazed if they let him off.
It was softer than a pensioners turd, he most definitely should have contested it!

I'm surprised really, that we are contesting the Brown charge.

Frankly, it was a stupid act and I'll be amazed if they let him off.

They aren't necessarily trying to get off, they may just be contesting particular gradings.

I think both the "intentional" and "high contact" gradings are reasonably contestable.

Still think he will probably be unsuccessful - but it's worth a punt. Freo are going to account for us either way in 2 weeks.

Wonder if we've got a QC... Dennis Denuto is more in our price range.

They aren't necessarily trying to get off, they may just be contesting particular gradings.

I think both the "intentional" and "high contact" gradings are reasonably contestable.

Still think he will probably be unsuccessful - but it's worth a punt. Freo are going to account for us either way in 2 weeks.

Wonder if we've got a QC... Dennis Denuto is more in our price range.
"It was the Lion, it was the scum, it was the vibe".:thumbsu:

My feeling is that if the fixtures where the other way around, if Freo at Patersons was this week and Pies at the Gabba was the following week, we wouldn't have contested it.

The language from the club gives me the impression they don't have a lot of hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back