Black | Michael | McGrath
Longer | Maloney | Raines
Int: Zorko, Polkinghorne, Mayes
Sub: Lester
In: Paperone, Karnezis, Clark, Longer
Out: Rockliff, Leuenberger, Brown, Lisle

more likely....

In: Clark, Karnezis, Longer
though status quo won't work. My side above is tall, and fast. With Michael, McGrath, Bewick, Black, Bewick, Cornelius and Paperone... You've got Lots of marking players that lead well.

For some reason I am kind of excited... Any time when there is heaps of new blood and there is no expectation it's fun to watch the raw talent go out and give 110% That and if we win it would be one of the best wins in recent history. There is many ways to skin a cat (in this case a magpie)

Yeo | Clark | Adcock
Patfull | Staker | Docherty
Hanley | Redden | Karnezis
Bewick | Paperone | Cornelius

more likely....

though status quo won't work. My side above is tall, and fast. With Michael, McGrath, Bewick, Black, Bewick, Cornelius and Paperone... You've got Lots of marking players that lead well.

I'd love to have two Bewicks running around for us ;)

The dreaded quad injury too.

How many times over the past 15 odd years have we seen a two week quad injury blow out to well over four weeks.

Hopefully it is a very minor quad injury.:(

Well, Rockliff's out for 2 weeks. Everything's going against us in terms of suspensions and injuries. The one thing we have is the jumper this Friday night. Whoever comes into the team will want to do it proud. Still not completely out, but I would hate to see a thrashing at the hands of Collingwood in our original jumper.

That's close to 8 first-choice players who are probably going to miss this week.

Merrett, Rich, Rockliff, Leuenberger, Brown, Golby, Martin, Maguire

Our depth is seriously being tested here, hopefully they're up to it.

What's with all the doom and gloom? If this happened to our team 12 months ago we would be stuffed

A lot more depth now, exciting ins-

Clarke, patty k, paparone,longer, docherty last week. a pretty strong side albeit very young.

Unlucky guys on the injury front. I know how it feels. Would be nice for both sides to be playing at full strength. Nevertheless, I am expecting a close encounter. Even though you are missing your best 5 guys, I still think you are a smoky chance of knocking us off. We are down at the moment and are missing some key personal ourselves.

Good opportunity for the young Lions to step up on the big stage.

The way I would go with the team is:
- Longer in for Leuy (clear cut)
- Clarke in for Michael (while he was OK in one on one situations, Michael looked lost in general in defence given he doesn't normally play there)
- Banfield in for Rockliff (IMHO we must select Banfield especially given our huge loss in experience)
- Karnezis for Mayes (Mayes is dropping off, Karnezis offers a bit more experience and has the potential to turn a game)

I am assuming Brown will get off (surely the MRP can't continue the insanity). But if he doesn't then I would bring in ACorn in his place.

- Clarke in for Michael (while he was OK in one on one situations, Michael looked lost in general in defence given he doesn't normally play there)
- Banfield in for Rockliff (IMHO we must select Banfield especially given our huge loss in experience)
- Karnezis for Mayes (Mayes is dropping off, Karnezis offers a bit more experience and has the potential to turn a game)

I am assuming Brown will get off (surely the MRP can't continue the insanity). But if he doesn't then I would bring in ACorn in his place.

I wouldn't be against bringing in Banfield and letting Green play in the midfield.

Michael should be kept in and played up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banfield appeared to injure himself in the 2s on the weekend.

Come on boys!!!!

I'm exited to be able to watch on free to air tv the lions in our premiership gurnsey!!!!
We also get to watch what the future holds. Ill be looking for some signs of future magic from our youngsters.

Carn the Lions!!!

I also liked the idea of Banners and Green in the same side, but I read in this thread that Banners may have pulled up a little sore in the Reserves. If we had to rest Mayes I would like to see Harwood come in for Mayes and Karnezis in for Rockliff.

Fire up the inexperience watch

I don't want to like this post, but yeah, scary.

Paparone's got to be a chance if Brown is out, doesn't he?

The dreaded quad injury too.

How many times over the past 15 odd years have we seen a two week quad injury blow out to well over four weeks.

Hopefully it is a very minor quad injury.:(

I remember the horror days of Brennan's quad, amongst others.

I do seem to think 2012-2013 aren't anywhere near as bad in terms of these soft tissue injuries that drag on and on. Is that just my optimisticness, or is that actually the case?

Same here. Give Mayes one or two weeks off to refresh. No rush with him.

Only problem is the second ruck. Longer isn't as fit as Leuey so Lisle may have to spend some time in the ruck although from the sounds of things he didn't ruck well against the Blues.

I'd also be interested in maybe bringing Harwood in ahead of Banfield, put him down back, have Yeo as the sub and when Yeo comes on play him on the wing.

I remember the horror days of Brennan's quad, amongst others.

I do seem to think 2012-2013 aren't anywhere near as bad in terms of these soft tissue injuries that drag on and on. Is that just my optimisticness, or is that actually the case?

Brennan's quad has to be one of my darkest memories of footy and this forum.

Am I right in thinking that Maguire' injury is a quad or a calf, hence the delays in his return?

Yeo | Clark | Adcock
Patfull | Staker | Docherty
Hanley | Redden | Karnezis
Bewick | Paperone | Cornelius

more likely....

Yes I see you have stuck with Michael but put him into the Ruck/Forward role which I believe is his best chance of consolidating a spot in the team. There have been some early calls from some posters for his axing but I seem to remember J Brown getting 2 touches in his first game. He also provides a back up option for Cloke if Staker can't get the job done. I would like to see Crisp get a run as well and this may happen if McGraths calf is suspect. Not sure on Paperone V Lisle. Pappy will be the better long term option but might be a bit overawed in a young team against the Pies. I am actually looking forward to this game. I think we now go in without any daunting expectation and I reckon the young guys will have a real crack for Blacky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back