Autopsy Rd 10 v Saints. Not good enough when it counted.

Which players do you think had a good game in Round 10 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And that may be the problem, we have a young group with an inexperienced coach... in hindsight that might not be the best mix
This! Was always a risky move to put a first time coach in charge of a massive rebuild. Bolton may in time be a great coach but seems like he isn’t the right man for this job at this time.

No blame attached to this but we shouldn’t be blindly stubborn about it.

I don’t even enjoy footy anymore

My sentiments exactly!!!
I hate the AFL for so many reasons I can only watch Carlton games but that has now run its race.
I'm sick to flipping death of people pissing on my back and telling me it's raining.
Something is seriously wrong with this football club.
There is not one single excuse left.
PATHETIC!!!

Leigh Fisher did not lose the game for us BUT it is quite negligent for the afl to allow an umpire to adjudicate in games involving his former team. When there’s discretion involved the unconscious/conscious bias plays a huge factor

Felt the same way whenever we had Bannister. It's ALWAYS going to go one of two ways.

In an effort to demonstrate a lack of bias you penalize your former team more harshly than you normally would or what happened today.

At the end of the day it's genuine human nature. There are eight other games on most weeks (less during the bye rounds) for the former player to umpire. My problem isn't with former umpires umpiring games but they should never be allowed to umpire games their former team is involved in.

With sooo many players who showed they couldn’t be arsed last week staying the team, this was always going to happen.

High profile draft picks aren’t scared of being dropped after abysmal performances so they have no motivation to lift their game, and that’s on the coach and selection committee.

Bolton has showed for years that he plays favourites and is stubborn, going all the way back to last year when he just kept on playing O’Shea nearly every game even those he was consistently WOG every week.

Someone will have to explain to me how?

Are people in meetings, do they know what players are being told, what are the instructions, are the players ignoring him, what is it exactly?

I would really like to know. What i see is a side that is extremely young and pushed around and no matter what the the structure would struggle.

As I have said many times I can't question a coach if he doesn't have the players
Nothing wrong with the players against this mob today mate. The team was plenty good enough. Such a low scoring deplorable standard and still they couldnt find enough. Why is what needs to be worked out and dealt with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of the day, umpiring in the first half aside, we lost the contested ball when it counted and, when we did move it forward, we did so in a way that was so haphazard we couldn’t capitalise.

Four years I’ve been hoping for our skills, the very basics, to improve. But they haven’t. We can’t hit targets and we wilt when there’s a sniff of pressure.

I have no idea whether someone other than Bolts could do a better job. But right now this club is in free-fall.

And frankly if we’d play liked that against GWS then the margin might have been 70 points rather than 93.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Spot on 3 and a half years in and the skill level especially via foot is diabolical under pressure .
Individual young players have improved but as a team we are a bunch of individuals not gelling together .

With sooo many players who showed they couldn’t be arsed last week staying the team, this was always going to happen.

High profile draft picks aren’t scared of being dropped after abysmal performances so they have no motivation to lift their game, and that’s on the coach and selection committee.

Bolton has showed for years that he plays favourites and is stubborn, going all the way back to last year when he just kept on playing O’Shea nearly every game even those he was consistently WOG every week.

Almost is the teacher (and not the coach) in him - to persist with students in the hope their performance eventually vindicates your decision in keeping the faith. But that isn’t sustainable in coaching where that poor performing player impacts a team.

Cripps should walk out of this club, I will follow him to whichever club he chooses, we don't deserve Cripps.
I will drive you, WC included

Been saying it all year.

He is the icing not the cake.

2 seconds and mcadam for him. 5 possessions today and injured. Career average told you this is how he rolls.

Wrong player for what we needed

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

i agree....paid way overs for him,and didnt really need him to begin with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 10 v Saints. Not good enough when it counted.

Back