Autopsy Rd 11 Vent thread Carlton vs ... some team

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO for the team to advance and become a top 4 contender we need to phase out blokes like Robbo who is exposed for pace and has terrible skills and decision making, give Bell a string of games to see if he is up to it FFS. Also Menzel should replace Lucas long term, better disposal, tougher, knows how to tackle. Some of Yarrans efforts were dismal, put your body on the line son or GTFO.

WNot sure if I'll sit thru a replay or not. I usually like to after attending the games but there were way too many frustrating moments.

Lucas needs a spell in the 2's. I don't care what anyone thinks anymore, I'm set on it. Robbo is pretty much the same.

Hendo had an amazing first half, don't know what happened in the second half. His turnover in the dying minutes, he should have just belted the cover off the ball and got it out of there.

We can't rely on Waite all the time. He's a great mark and has the kick to go with it but we can't expect him to kick a bag every week.

What happened to Eddie? Couldn't get near it most of the time and when he could, it seemed like he hadn't touched a ball in his time off.

Walker, Scotto, Judd were all their usual selves, played well. Bit sloppy here and there but a decent performance. Levi takes a great contested mark.

We just let them get away. Should have kept the pedal down and peeled away in that last quarter.

We're kidding ourselves aren't we?

It wouldn't even enter your mind that teams like hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong would give up 5 goal leads.

We are, unfortunately, weak as piss. We're a middle of the road footy team that just gave up a 5 goal lead to a fellow middle of the road team. Think about it, that's exactly what happened.

Will be a solid effort to get within 8 goals of hawks next week.

We lost against an ordinary team.
That's just where we are until Malthouse gets his way and we work ourselves back into things with clever list management at years end.

Some things are coming together and some still need work on. Just the state of play.

What? You mean that the club isnt fully behind the coach and he doesnt have everyone pulling in the same direction?

Nah, not us, we are a united team, we get right behind the coach.....hang on, just waiting to hear what Matho thinks of him, will let you know later.....

how much longer will carlton supporters have to put up with this crap? should have been 10 goals in front in the 3rd qtr but poor skills, bad kicking for goal let essendon back in it. what is the excuse this time? still learning malthouse game plan? absolute bull. anothet choke job by a soft, mentally weak team.

Ohh look... nutcase shows up after a loss to berate us.

Do you want us to get you boy Pagan back now? go back to 2003 and start again?

Waite: Absolutely faultless and undeniably the most influential player. 7 goals. star.
Murphy: One of his best performances of the year, 30+ touches, fairly effective
Curnow: Good shutdown role, should have done more to better the contest with Stanton
Judd: Great in bursts and when we needed him
Simpson: Getting better off half back, way toooooo predictable
Gibbs: Was also influential in stages
Casboult: Played the Lynch role to a tee
Betts: Looked lost and as if he has been out of action for a year
Garlett: Good game, i wont even bother talking about THAT goal.
Yarran: Expected every one of his touches either over the back or to recieve the next handball, disappointing
Robinson: Didnt notice he played
Cachia: Well done, sucks he is in Carrots position or he would definatly hold his spot every week
Armfield: Great job, but should have been cutting through the flanks more often when they were coming back
Henderson: Great first half, last quarter what the hell happened
Jamison: Cant say he dominated because realistically, Daniher will be a gun, but it was his first game. expected his inlfuence on carlisle to be a lot better
Tuohy: Good game but wouldnt mind to see him up forward
Lucas: THAT SHOT. enough said
Kreuzer: Gahhhhhhh every chance he had at a mark was spoilt. definatly mobile enough but needs to start scoring goals
Walker: Great game again, but might need to go forward when needed
White: Had that shot..... Keeping laidler and duigan out of the side. i expect to see one of them back in the team soon
McLean: Gun
Scotland: Realistically is looking a bit slower and lost, not sure if it is just me but this isnt the B&F

Criticisms accepted

what the absolute flying **** happened.

Good summary, felt like we played 2 players short the whole night.:thumbsdown:

I ain't even mad bros. BUT what the hell were Betts and Yarran doing today? Key forwards kicked 8 goals between them and had 24 marks with 10 contested while our smalls were completely taken out of the game with Garlett been the sole exception. Not too worried about the result though since I reckon next year will be our year and still need to pump games into guys like Lucas, White, Cachia, Curnow and Casboult if we going to challenge in the future. Got a serious lack of scoring power right now and our forward line can go missing for seriously long times without a goal which puts our defense under incredible pressure in a high scoring code like AFL.

IMO for the team to advance and become a top 4 contender we need to phase out blokes like Robbo who is exposed for pace and has terrible skills and decision making, give Bell a string of games to see if he is up to it
Do people not even watch him when he plays? Posters continuously act as if Bell is some great white hope - his skills and decision making is worse than Robinson ffs.

Any chance of saying something positive once in a while? Had a look at your post history and the last time you commented on a gameday/vent thread was.... Yep, you guessed it, our last lost.

Does 'Miloman' get a chance or does he have to be winning game upon game in his first season at the helm?
I'd like to know when the presence of Malthouse will show any tangible effect as well.

We spent a lot of money in the process of sacking Ratten and replacing him, so I think it is a fair point to raise.

I well may be wrong, but I don't sense much change in intensity, hardness, skills and mental toughness yet.

How long should it be before we see improvements in these areas?

Opposition supporters that have come in here for some amusement better go and unlike the negative posts they have liked. It's as good as trolling and I will be taking names and issuing infractions. BigFooty has made it clear this is not acceptable.
Good stuff. The like function is too often abused by deadshits on BF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still speechless... To the CFC men in charge... This is why we haven't got 50000 members! We have not played a 4 quarter effort with heart, courage or spirit for years... We win 3 in a row and think we're millionaires and either pull out a crud game or choke!

Judd, Kreuzer, Gibbs, Murphy, Lucas, McClean, Walker, Yarran, Henderson... So many 1st round picks played tonight and were a team of individuals with flashy players when in the end it amounts to nothing.

heart broken again... Almost 20 years since our last flag and it'll be a while yet till our next one sadly.

Nothing has changed in this playing group! Still very weak mentally and can't grind out wins. God himself could coach us and nothing will change in this playing group. What's worse is its a long weekend which will hurt more! Fukkkkkk

Need a 2nd tall forward bad like a roughhead, dont think you can play betts,garlett and yarran in the same side

I'd like to know when the presence of Malthouse will show any tangible effect as well.

We spent a lot of money in the process of sacking Ratten and replacing him, so I think it is a fair point to raise.

I well may be wrong, but I don't sense much change in intensity, hardness, skills and mental toughness yet.

How long should it be before we see improvements in these areas?

11 rounds in, name a game we have not been in a position to snatch a win late.

gotta take your chances, the Lucas miss and Garlett playing on after marking in the goalsquare is rubbish football. Betts looked like he had missed 12 months of football, kept running to the wrong position.
Armfield missed from a similar spot in the first term with Lucas running beside him. If you want to criticise one, then you have to criticise the rest for missing running goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 11 Vent thread Carlton vs ... some team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back