Autopsy Rd 11 Vent thread Carlton vs ... some team

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still speechless... To the CFC men in charge... This is why we haven't got 50000 members! We have not played a 4 quarter effort with heart, courage or spirit for years... We win 3 in a row and think we're millionaires and either pull out a crud game or choke!

Judd, Kreuzer, Gibbs, Murphy, Lucas, McClean, Walker, Yarran, Henderson... So many 1st round picks played tonight and were a team of individuals with flashy players when in the end it amounts to nothing.

heart broken again... Almost 20 years since our last flag and it'll be a while yet till our next one sadly.
What?

It's negative attitudes like the above that are one reason why we haven't sold fifty thousand memberships.

"If they're not going to win, I'm going to sook and wait for them to win..."

Downhill skiers.

Richmond and Essendon aren't great shakes, yet they've sold more memberships.

Perhaps we need to get better at selling the illusion like these clubs.

Don't stress everybody. The clean up will continue tomorrow. Some thread bans and one dayers have been issued as that is all we have right now. Tonight has been feral, and they wonder why we maintain a hard line approach.

30 points up or so, and Lucas blows an absolute sitter and Essendon go down and score twice.

Infuriating.
Actually... we were 30 points up when Judd missed... then it went down the other end and we were 25 points up when Lucas missed... and then it went down the other end and we were 20 points up...

Actually... we were 30 points up when Judd missed... then it went down the other end and we were 25 points up when Lucas missed... and then it went down the other end and we were 20 points up...
Point still applies. He blew an easy goal and momentum shifted and we never truly got it back.

Casboult won't be anything until he learns how to kick a football.

Waite was shut out of the game too easily in the end.
Say what you want about any Carlton player tonight except for Waite. He gave absoloutely everything if a few more followed suit, then we would be enjoying a win and eyeing off top 4. Now top 8 is an unlikely challenge

You need to stop focusing on the drug claims as nothing may come of it.

Maybe we should of gone more man to man. Just turned on the tennis and Djokovic got a bad call as well. Man I hope my weekend gets better.

30 points up or so, and Lucas blows an absolute sitter and Essendon go down and score twice.

Regardless of how easy the shot he missed was, we need to be better in transition.
We turn it over and suddenly Essendon players are free all over their f50. Not good enough.

Why do we constantly pin our poor patches on individual players? Bell vs Lions and Lucas tonight. FFS.

Waite was shut out of the game too easily in the end.

WTF? He kicked 7 out of our 10 goals, he's free from criticism for tonight I think.
You can't kick 5 goals in a half and then not expect the opposition to put the extra clamps on you.

Regardless of how easy the shot he missed was, we need to be better in transition.
We turn it over and suddenly Essendon players are free all over their f50. Not good enough.

Why do we constantly pin our poor patches on individual players? Bell vs Lions and Lucas tonight. FFS.

WTF? He kicked 7 out of our 10 goals, he's free from criticism for tonight I think.
You can't kick 5 goals in a half and then not expect the opposition to put the extra clamps on you.
I'm not criticising him. We really needed someone to take marks when we got the ball back late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Point still applies. He blew an easy goal and momentum shifted and we never truly got it back.
Wasn't really arguing with you... Just kinda figured the pain started when Juddy took the ball from the centre, was streaming into the 50... and missed. Would have buried them... It would have been over. We'd have one by 10 goals. FMD.

True, Lucas was not the only one who had a poor night. Enjoyed watching Waite and Casboult. Thought Ryder beat Kruezer tonight and Carlise move forward the difference. Need to question why Eddie did not get the push in the back (hurley) near goal and why did Essendon end up with a free on the wing when both players slid in?

The good

Waite: Superb. 7 goals, best ever return hes had in a single game. the big man is back and firing (7 goal, 14 marks (9 inside 50), 5 contested)
Henderson: awesome in the first 3/4, I think the change of opponent in the last caught him off guard (10 marks, 6 contested)
Jamison: good all night as usual.
White: held Crameri to a goal, missed a long shot in the last, but hes a defender and these things happen.
Kreuzer: beat ryder in the first 3, but ryder probably got over him in the last. Missed a crucial shot too.
Casboult: took marks everywhere, but inside 50. Kicked a goal...from a crumb. (10 marks, 5 contested, 1 goal)
Armfield: tagging role probably cost us his offensive abilities, but he did his job well enough
Cachia: good job on Watson, given the guy is one of the best midfielders in the league, and cachia is not even on Carltons senior list.
Judd: goal kicking aside, played a great game (7 contested possession, 6 clearances)
Murphy: kicked a goal, also played well. (14 contested possessions, 5 clearances, 1 goal)
Walker: played pretty well without being spectacular
Curnow: had a tagging role and did it well
Simpson: had a great game that drifted in the last a bit (26 possesions at 96% DE)

The Ok

Mclean - got a lot of it, missed a sitter late
Scotland - was ok without being prolific
Touhy - was ok
Gibbs - was ok
Lucas - seems to have trouble with tackles, pulled in 20 disposals at 70% DE, but missed a crucial sitter late.

The bad

Robinson: quiet, subbed in the last
Garlett: was well held, and probably robbed of at least one goal
Betts: quiet
Yarran: came on in the last, made for a very poor substitute

Really dissapointing from the boys. Another display of these 'brain fades' that they've been working on but unable to get right.

Very poor game from Malthouse. Didn't use the three indigenous forwards well and had no answer to Essendon's surge.

Very p**sed off. We are a group of weak pr**ks.

Lucas, Curnow, Robinson can f**k off back the twos.

How the match committee can play Curnow & drop Menzel is beyond me....

Yeah its all Waite fault for not kicking 10 goals :rolleyes: Other then Casboult taking marks around the ground nobody else was helping Waite out.

Ok I don't mind if Essendon supporters come on the board to gloat but as for the Collingwobble supporters, go away.

And stop with the Lucas crap, he played ok. I am more concerned with Betts and Yarran's performance.

Shattered! We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory! Umpiring was a disgrace yet again. Watched the game with a neutral supporter he was dumbfounded at the crap blues didn't get and bombers did(I just screamed and lost voice). Why do we get a review for 2 mins over whether its out of bounds/behind but Jeffys was just paid behind straight away?
Umpiring aside you don't be a top 4 team get 5 goals up and lose. We still can't win 4 games in a row against decent opposition was same under Ratts. When this finally happens I think we will finally have the intestinal fortitude to go all the way. Still a few too many guys who really like running one way and not the other, but at the end of the day hope this game doesn't shatter our spirit at least where not getting smashed. So hope they come out next week and show some guts against the hawks. Betts should've been the sub not yarran.

Do people not even watch him when he plays? Posters continuously act as if Bell is some great white hope - his skills and decision making is worse than Robinson ffs.

Last year when he was given a run of games he was becoming fairly reliable and seemed to be developing nicely.
Instead we bring him in this year for one game, drop him out of position then don't play him for 3-4 games, bring him back for one, lays 7-8 tackles kicks 2.1, then as a reward we play him as a sub the next week then drop him.

We don't have an offensive inside mid, we have three defensive inside mids (Carazzo, Cachia and Curnrow) and McLean as a hybrid. And whatever you would call Judd and Murph.

I'd back Bell to become a very classy inside mid who can take short stints through the forward line. Instead we **** him over and over and don't even give him the respect and give him a few games to cement himself, or reward a good job done.

Yeah its all Waite fault for not kicking 10 goals :rolleyes: Other then Casboult taking marks around the ground nobody else was helping Waite out.
I said he was shut out too easily. That's not necessarily his fault, it was more the fault of his teammates who couldn't capitalise on Essendon sending extra attention to Waite.

pissed me off so much that we dominated in the midfield and backline but the difference in this game was our smalls giving us nothing all night and getting outmarked and rebounded off. waite fantastic but you need some help down there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 11 Vent thread Carlton vs ... some team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back