Autopsy Rd 12 Lacklustre Blues Break Our Hearts Again

Who played well for the Blues in Round 12 vs the Eagles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How can you demand players tackle, work hard, run defensively, put their head over the ball when you allow a senior player not to do any of these things? It stinks of favouritism and sends a bad message to everyone else on the list.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
surely the younger kids can just **** off if they can't let a great servant of our club get to 300 games. he has put his head over the ball for 15 years in the midfield. broke jaw in the process from a hawk thug so don't tel me he doesn't put his over the ball. also no one else in our team tackles...saad 0, cripps 1, jones 1, silvagni our most desperate player 2, betts zero, weirering 2, zac williams 2, dow 0, fisher 2, sticker 1😢😢😬🙄Murtphy at least laid 3 tackles...

Last edited:
Well...not entirely...it's incumbent on the club to provide an environment for young players to prosper. He arrived enthusiastic, had some good moments, showed the application to trim down a little and work on his running...everyone on here to a man and woman can see the change in his game when he gets around the ball...and yet we persist with this stupid 'lesson'.

We drop him but do we let him go back and work on his game? No we make him a sub. He grasps that opportunity with both hands...we make him sub again. In two games on the tight SCG where an evasive player with skill might shine, we roll out Levi.

The current coaching set up couldn't teach a dog to sit.
What about lay down and act dead.
Something we are very good at.

If Big Jack were still in charge, Teague would’ve been fired at half time of the Collingwood game.
Those were the days!
Sadly Jacks playbook was open the check book and recruit 4 AA’s from interstate.

Failed to adapt and operate on a level playing field.

Let’s not mourn for the arrogant fool that nearly destroyed the club.

My last memory of Jack at Carlton was loosing draft picks for 2 years

Last edited:
Dows kicking is still trash

Don't scratch out a positive there, you'll only hurt yourself long term

A small lockdown defender.

A small lockdown defender.

My kingdom for a small lockdown defender.

I agree Ferris but I also think we are, in the next 2 years, desperately in need of a big key defender. I was really bullish about going for Steven May at the time but think we will need to support Weiters with some top class quality.

surely the younger kids can just fu** off if they can't let a great servant of our club get to 300 games. he has put his head over the ball for 15 years in the midfield. token jaw in the process from a hawk thug so don't tel me he doesn't put his over the ball. also no one else in our team tackles...saad 0, cripps 1, jones 1, silvagni our most desperate player 2, betts zero, weirering 2, zac williams 2, dow 0, fisher 2, sticker 1😢😢😬🙄Murtphy at least laid 3 tackles...
I must have blinked at least 3 times...didn't see any of them. And yes Murphy playing is a HUGE problem for the morale of the club and the tone he sets for the youngsters. I don't care what he did 12 years ago. The argument that he must be gifted games to get to some arbitrary number is nuts.

The nonchalant way we approach our goal kicking is indicative of our problems.
The players just look like they don’t give a ****.
Setterfield doesn’t make the distance from 35 out
Pitto 20 mts out, tight angle, never looked like kicking it, and gave an ”oh well” shrug when he missed
Cripps with a ****en ridiculous around the corner effort
Harry can’t kick a ****en drop punt
The 3 passes inside 50 which ended up with Cottrel.....all were straight forward shots, but no one wanted to take the responsibility
Just like half the side won’t lay a tackle, or put their head over the ball, or man up an opponent.
Its self preservation and the coaching panel have allowed it to infiltrate the playing group.
Certain players should never represent our club again.
Until we become ruthless at selection, and set the standard, we will be mired in mediocrity

One big difference between us and West Coast was that they had a core group of senior players who were able to perform and drag their team mates along with them, we just don't have that at all.

I had faith pretty much until then. Owies is a great set shot. He should have gone back and taken that, but he's still very fresh. Murphy is a vet and was virtually directly in front. His pass to a younger player in a worse spot was almost unforgivable.
Owies was too far out, wouldn't have made the distance. In the end was a much ado about nothing in a way.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Been so patient with Teague but thats enough. See out the year and let's change the whole lot. We can pin point players for efforts but this team has absolutely no idea what they are doing. We are in these games purely on talent alone.
This is 100% spot-on.

Watching us atm reminds me of the Dons before they sacked Neeld.

Just a bunch of blokes running around with no idea what they or their teammates are gonna do next.

It’s shambolic. Did they work on the game plan at all during preseason FFS??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two positives from the game, and maybe the only 2, I thought Stocker and Silvagni played well.

Silvagni in a high half foward flanker/Tom Lynch kind of role did well up field and had a couple of nice goal assists. Also set up Cottrells goal by hitting Owies.

Stocker looked far more composed and that was probably his best game to date. His kicking was on point.
Stocker made a couple of minor mistakes early in the game... didn't make them again so that's a win for me.

JSOS was good working up the ground... our only issue is that we didn't have any talls apart from the resting ruckman or Cripps up front.

Well...not entirely...it's incumbent on the club to provide an environment for young players to prosper. He arrived enthusiastic, had some good moments, showed the application to trim down a little and work on his running...everyone on here to a man and woman can see the change in his game when he gets around the ball...and yet we persist with this stupid 'lesson'.

We drop him but do we let him go back and work on his game? No we make him a sub. He grasps that opportunity with both hands...we make him sub again. In two games on the tight SCG where an evasive player with skill might shine, we roll out Levi.

The current coaching set up couldn't teach a dog to sit.
Maybe he grasped the opportunity in your eyes but not the clubs. He wouldn't be out of the side for six weeks if he was showing what the club wants him to improve on

surely the younger kids can just fu** off if they can't let a great servant of our club get to 300 games. he has put his head over the ball for 15 years in the midfield. token jaw in the process from a hawk thug so don't tel me he doesn't put his over the ball. also no one else in our team tackles...saad 0, cripps 1, jones 1, silvagni our most desperate player 2, betts zero, weirering 2, zac williams 2, dow 0, fisher 2, sticker 1Murtphy at least laid 3 tackles...

Thought sticker played just ok . Persist with him .Dow ( showed a bit and we must find out ) . Owies reliable again . TDK a mare really but look at his slender body. Work in progress . Bring in Lob. Play them with hopefully some ****ing semblance of a plan ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I must have blinked at least 3 times...didn't see any of them. And yes Murphy playing is a HUGE problem for the morale of the club and the tone he sets for the youngsters. I don't care what he did 12 years ago. The argument that he must be gifted games to get to some arbitrary number is nuts.
i guess but by your comments re tackles cripps and doc and sos and betts and more had fewer tackles. i too was surprised by the three tackles listed for murphy. our team just doesn't want to tackle. richmond's last 15 mins last night probably had more tackles than our last two games combined😂

One big difference between us and West Coast was that they had a core group of senior players who were able to perform and drag their team mates along with them, we just don't have that at all.

Hopefully we have a core in the future of Walsh, Weitering and Harry as a starting point. I reckon TDK has what it takes as well.

I’m speechless. I’m lost for words. I’m flabbergasted. I’m angry. I’m disappointed. I hate the Carlton universe right now. Other than Sam, I’m just bereft as to where our future is. Rebuild an abject failure. We have gone next to nowhere in 5 years. I’ll be lucky to watch another game this year.
I volunteered for the match preview for the last round hopeful that we would be kicking on to finals. Might be a fair bit more angst involved.
Can we rebuild twice? Is that a rerebuild?

Maybe he grasped the opportunity in your eyes but not the clubs. He wouldn't be out of the side for six weeks if he was showing what the club wants him to improve on
And yet Murphy...
And yet Levi...
And yet Gibbons...

I'm not sure the club has enough ticks in the good decision column to deserve blind faith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 12 Lacklustre Blues Break Our Hearts Again

Back