News RD 17:- Blues v Pies prematch discussion & changes

Remove this Banner Ad

It's never good news when a player gets injured, no matter what team they play for.

Anyway, as much as I want Harts to kill it, he wasn't too good yesterday and you'd have to drop him for Jamo

Who is going to the reserves game today?

Me!

I don't know why people want Joesph dropped, he has elite speed and tackles hard. I watched him closely and he was just into his man all day, getting right under his skin. He would be a perfect match up for Didak.

I also would rather Army in the team over Anderson, because Army is faster, harder and therefore provides more defensive pressure.

Out
Hartlett
Anderson
Bentley

In
Will tell you after the Ants game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bringing in 3 players under injury clouds is too big a risk. Walker has some work to do and unsure how fit the others are. If all 3 go down or are sub-par...........

OK, the selection changes.....

Out:
- Hartlett. Feel sorry for the guy. He was only ever going to make it as a forward and would always get killed in defense because of lack of leg speed. His confidence seems shattered.
- Scotland
- Bentley

In
- Jamo
- Setanta
- Stevens

We need either Setanta or Kruezer at CHF. Kruezer was stretched yesterday between his competing CHF and ruck duties. Setanta has been awesome at CHF, and if he struggles he can switch to ruck and let Kruezer go to CHF. Jamo's an obvious inclusion, and having Jamo, Thornton and Bower in V Pies is essential. We're going to miss Waite for this game because he usually hammers the Pies. The Pies midfield is woeful, and it's a weakness we need to focus on and exploit again. They have an over-abundance of one-paced possession gatherers, but zero class. Their rucks look shocking with L Brown and Wood last night. Hoping the media will keep on criticizing the Blues and talking up the Pies for another week at least. :)

Yep - really we need to wait for the Ants game. If Stevo does not get 40 poss and 6 goals he is fooling himself.
Lots to play for with those guys
Come on Ants

Out: Hartlett, Bentley, Anderson
In: Setanta, Walker, Stevens or Austin

I don;t reckon Jamo will make it groin injury may need another week...

Presti looks like being out and N.Brown...

Please put H O'Brien on Fev .. pleeeaase

Fev's in form, he was superb yesterday he can play 4 quarters....another blinder from Fev next week plus they haven;t beaten us since Aug'07 , so the boys have beleif...Blues by 21

I think 3 changes, 4 at the very most..

IN: Jamison (if fit, Austin if not), O'hailpin, Walker

OUT: Hartlett, Anderson, Bentley

And if Stevo gets a sh*tload of effective possies and a tackle count through the roof then perhaps he can come in for Scotto..

One thing for sure is that Yarran ain't goin nowhere for next week! Loved his classy disposal and an excellent goal :thumbsu: and with more game time the confidence will only rise.

Joseph to stay for mine, I still reckon he'd do a better job at shutting down Didak than Army or Browney.

If we can get up against the filth we'll jump ahead of them on the ladder and it would leave us only having to beat North and the Dees to wrap up a finals spot :)

Some of you guys cleary have absolutely NO idea!

1. Walks plays today Sunday and the blues play on Friday night that would give him a 5 day turn around, so not going to happen on that front! also Matty Lappin said they wont rush him back until he has absolute confidence in his shoulder..this will take at least 2 games - Walks by his own omission will only play 2-3 qtrs today.

No way in the world Joey A will be droped after a strong game yesterday.

I would think we would only make one change and that will be Harts out for Jamo or if Jamo needs another weeks rest then Aussie will come in.

From what another poster mentioned Carlos is at least another week away.

The only other possible out would Be CJ with a corky, though he came back on after injuring himself.

Agree that AJ should be rested for a week soonish, but with the pies small forwards it wont be this week.

armfield got injured as did garlett which means both wont come in. Robinson played a good game and walker has done well. Cloke kicked a few goals also.

Remove this Banner Ad

News RD 17:- Blues v Pies prematch discussion & changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back