Autopsy Rd 2 2018 Sydney vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

A number of guys had shockers tonight

Umpire 12, who is he?

ANDREW STEPHENS (QLD)
12-STEPHENS-Andrew-320px.png

Number: 12 Height: 180cm Weight: 72kg

Career background: Recruited from the AFL Brisbane Juniors, he was appointed to the NEAFL Grand Finals in 2011, 2012 and 2013. He was promoted to the AFL Panel in 2014 and umpired 11 matches in his debut season.

AFL games: 30

The most annoying part is that we know what will happen from here on out. Horse will back the same players who give us nothing (Rohan, McVeigh, Sinclair etc) and then when he does decide to swing the axe it will fall on the "last one in, first one out policy." And it will be lads like Florent and Fox and Hayward that will be the first ones out as soon as they have a quiet game, meanwhile all the others will continue to get away with having poor games as often as every second week.
I agree here

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

For the record, love mills, i just noticed he seemed to be struggling this year and several were noticing, but as you say he is a kid

Bit cant agree he has played more elite games than heeney, no way
When you consider the role be plays he has,since day dot he has been in defence where every mistake is magnified 100%, he has played in the pressure cooker week in week out and for 90% of the time he has played well. He is an exceptional mark and has saved us many times. Heeney had the privelage of cutting his teeth in the forward line alongside buddy franklin. A much easier role with alot less pressure and it really was in his 3rd year that he started to get meaningful midfield minutes and a bit of responsibility. Mills has had that every game of his career and throws his body into packs with no regard for his safety. Yes mills was poor today and needs to be better next week but he is 20 yr old yet to play 50 games and he has earnt the right to have the odd poor game. So far in his career he owes us nothing.

In any other team he would be starring in his NATURAL role as a midfielder but here we have asked him to play a very critical role in defence which he had never played before.. and what does he do? Wins the rising star, excels in his role and would be close to AA squad and also commits to a 5 year deal.

Mills is at the very end of the list when it comes to any problems on our team

ANDREW STEPHENS (QLD)

Career background: Recruited from the AFL Brisbane Juniors, he was appointed to the NEAFL Grand Finals in 2011, 2012 and 2013. He was promoted to the AFL Panel in 2014 and umpired 11 matches in his debut season.

What was his free differential tonight?

ANDREW STEPHENS (QLD)

Typical engineer

Never been so annoyed at the crowd before. With so many of those dodgy frees, there was more noise and outrage from the ****ing dockers and eagles fans at the pub than there was at the entire SCG. Just make some volume and give us what every other home team gets and get us some home town decisions. Just sitting there silently until they realised the game might be slipping away mid way through the 4th.
I know the crowd volume was not the difference between a win or a loss but **** me it really annoyed the shit out me they they just sat there and took it.

So many played the usual though

Either low possies, or lots of touches and no impact

Run around a lot
That was very swanslike and would win often and still be the same average looking footy
Like Kizza. Plenty of ball just did nothing with it. Just lived how he fit the ball in the centre in the third. All our players ran right. Kizza looked right at all those running players,could have handballed, kicked short but no, he decided to Di a huge arc onto his left and kick the ball to a Port player. I could see the facial expression on the player. He thought it was Xmas not Easter. The expression on the faces of our players when he made his big decision to left arc, torture. They knew all our free players were right. YOU F'Wit Kizza

Watching at work on my phone so only bits and pieces, but every time I looked I saw us dropping marks. Rampe in particular and others in the backline. Was alarming as usually a strength back there.

As pointed out extremely fumbly game.
It was dreadful. Our players were fumbly bumpkins. We will be lucky to make the eight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never been so annoyed at the crowd before. With so many of those dodgy frees, there was more noise and outrage from the ******* dockers and eagles fans at the pub than there was at the entire SCG. Just make some volume and give us what every other home team gets and get us some home town decisions. Just sitting there silently until they realised the game might be slipping away mid way through the 4th.
I know the crowd volume was not the difference between a win or a loss but **** me it really annoyed the shit out me they they just sat there and took it.
I almost lost my voice mate. Did my part:p

Spent the majority of the second half yelling "WHERE THE #$@% IS OUR FORWARD LINE". Pretty much done with the likes of Rohan in the team, it's harsh especially what he and his wife are going through right now but he doesn't do nearly enough to warrant a selection. Nice to see Horse move Fox forward with a minute left to play though, always the tactical genius that Horse is.
Rohan was crap. Hayward was crap. Mind you Will presented plenty if times but got ignored for Buddy. Too Buddy conscious. Sorry thatvdoes not work in a small ground like the SCG

Think it was 23-20 in favour of Port, but the inconsistency was the most glaring thing (apart from the number of Charlie Dixon throws not paid)
Thinking more from umpire 12 Glenn, not the whole lot

Interesting stats

We scored 4.6 (30) from turnovers, they almost doubled us 8.6 (54) in this stat. The guilty parties were Fox (2), Mills (2), Towers, Hannebery, Jack and McVeigh.

They nailed 72% of their tackles, we only had 62% in comparison. Parker was surprisingly bad for us only making 6 of his 12 tackle attempts. By contrast, R.Gray, Powell-Pepper, Ebert completed 28 of their 30 tackle attempts.

Ball movement in the back half was ordinary to say the least. Smith, Grundy, Fox all below 50% KE. Mills and Melican right on 50% KE

Umpire 12 Andrew Stephens, he of the "I'm not a Hawthorn fan, I just like them on Twitter" fame, seemed to give every 50/50 call to them in the last quarter. And no prizes for guessing who gave the 50m penalty as well.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/...is-twitter-account/1jhfh9cnndddf1eo8drpuwrs4g

That was diabolically baaad. Missed targets by foot, over use of handblls, fumbles etc. Backline was just panic stations. Port from minimal entries were able to score each time they entered f50 while we kept squandering opportunities. You could sense the nervous energy and port picked up on it. Umps favoured them when game got tight but it should never have gotten to that stage.

Positive is you do feel there's a lot of improvement to come out of it. It's as bad as i've seen them for a while without being dominated unlike the geelong game. Hopefully it's one out of the system, and the intensity can only help sharpen their skills for the coming weeks.

Screwed up opportunities by consistently giving the ball off to players under the pump when the ball carrier should of taken a shot.....true...tonight showed the same old problems we are all used to....Port now seem to have a edge against us. We really beat ourselves tonight....some of the errors that gifted goals...unlikely we will see some of those again this year.
Yes we will as soon as the pressure is really put on. We wilt. Our mids disappear. Kennedy, Parker, Hannaberry, Jack all just folded.

Rohan was diabolical. We seriously cannot be carrying someone with such a low possession output even if his pressure acts are good. Not to mention he lacks a football brain.
Grundy will be needed for the monster forward line the Giants have but boy he has lost a lot of pace. Could be due to the interrupted pre season but the contest is lost if the ball hits the ground around him.

Dropping Newman was a disaster imo. He is one of our best off HB even though people disagree with me. Aliir is desperately needed. Our forward structure is ... I can't put it into words how bad it is! Rohan can f off for good.
Rohan should not have played. He had no match fitness. I am flabbergasted that he was even considred

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 2 2018 Sydney vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back