Autopsy Rd 2 2018 Sydney vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve got a few points to add, bare with me.

1. We played at the SCG in front of a decent crowd and I swear I’ve heard better noise coming from the stands in an under 14s match. Why don’t our supporters ever find a voice and become that 19th player? It’s a disgrace! We blame umpires all day long and today will be another one of those days, but teams like Collingwood, Eagles, Geelong etc all have a strong 19th man and are able to influence matches and let the umpires know when they are doing a shit job. Do our supporters not know the game or something? Fml.

2. We simply didn’t have clean hands today, much the same as last week although we were lucky to get away with it. If it was slippery, why did the port players have the ball stick? No excuses other than our players weren’t up to it, nothing to do with coaching here.

3. Poor buddy. Bloke is a gun playing for a mediocre side atm. Without him we’re fcked

4. Miserly defence? Give me a break. Our defence was nothing but panicky and disorganised. Melican needs to find some form and so does Mills. The latter had a bloody shocker
Sorry but when Port got a run on moves needed to be made by our coaching staff and they were not. Kennedy was getting killed in the centre by Boak but no move. It actually took George Hewett to come into the centre to stop Boak. This was not a coach move,Kennedy made it himself

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rohan should not have played. He had no match fitness. I am flabbergasted that he was even considred

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Unfortunately no NEAFL this week, so only way he was going to get match fitness was play Seniors.
Guessing the well publicised off field issues are hindering Rohan presently, but how long can the side carry him?

Interesting stats

We scored 4.6 (30) from turnovers, they almost doubled us 8.6 (54) in this stat. The guilty parties were Fox (2), Mills (2), Towers, Hannebery, Jack and McVeigh.

They nailed 72% of their tackles, we only had 62% in comparison. Parker was surprisingly bad for us only making 6 of his 12 tackle attempts. By contrast, R.Gray, Powell-Pepper, Ebert completed 28 of their 30 tackle attempts.

Ball movement in the back half was ordinary to say the least. Smith, Grundy, Fox all below 50% KE. Mills and Melican right on 50% KE

Umpire 12 Andrew Stephens, he of the "I'm not a Hawthorn fan, I just like them on Twitter" fame, seemed to give every 50/50 call to them in the last quarter. And no prizes for guessing who gave the 50m penalty as well.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/...is-twitter-account/1jhfh9cnndddf1eo8drpuwrs4g
Dodgy umpiring in the AFL? Who knew?

Unfortunately no NEAFL this week, so only way he was going to get match fitness was play Seniors.
Guessing the well publicised off field issues are hindering Rohan presently, but how long can the side carry him?

There was a NEAFL practice match against GWS yesterday apparently.

A lot of the fumbling were due to conditions, but there was a lot of extra fumbling because taking possession was sudden death, and the players were finding that the fumbled "throw" was not being penalised by the umpires.In other words, it looked worse than it was.

What I thought really hurt us was the forwards who would not take responsibility for a snap at goal even when they were clear. McVeigh was the worst example of this with his feigned fumble in front of goal at a crucial time.Seemed to me he thought he was hot, but wasn't and could easily have had a ping.

Also, we are not going to be a contender with ruck in like we saw today.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Firstly, pre-game can we please have less of this;

"Port came here last year and really took it to us and handed us a hiding," McVeigh said.
"We do remember that and we want teams to have a bit of fear coming to the SCG and hopefully we can put that in them."

Sick to death of hearing what we are going to do and then don't deliver. Here's an idea; Don't talk, just ****ing do it.

Ball handling/use poor all round, but geez some horrible individual errors, from experienced players, in the backline that led to Port goals.
Kudos to Hinkley for his HT changes, which unsettled our defence even more, but also saw Port's onballers get on top in Q3.

Pre-season we played Reid out of the goal square, presumably practiced that structure, yet no Reid and we go back to kick it to Buddy and everyone else just run around a lot. Game for the ages from Franklin last week, good today, but can we at least have a semblance of a plan B.
3 of the 5 players with most bench time today*; Rohan, Towers, Hayward.
None played well, but rotating players and hoping for some different outcome, when there is no structure doesn't help them. (see definition of futility).
*(Other 2; understandably Hannebery and strangely KJ).

And I rarely criticise umpires or fellow Swans supporters, but nail/head;
- Sydney crowd was a disgrace, we were getting reamed with some umpiring decisions AT HOME...make some ******* noise ffs and fire the boys up.

Turnovers:mad:I suppose I should thank the family behind me, if there weren’t any kids present I would have embarrassed myself.

My defender boys had a ‘mare. Rarely have I seen them collectively play this shite.
Had our chances in 1st half, didn’t use it as we should have. Port out played us in 2nd half. And by that stage I was so heartedly sick of our poor kicking and decision making.
Also...Turnovers:poo::mad:

I could not believe how badly Lewis Melican was kicking the ball. Same with Smithy, Reg, Rampe & Mills. How many times can they just panic kick out of defence or just stuff an easy kick up, It was as though they were on a script that said they had to lose. Crownbet are the official sponsor of the AFL. They wouldn't have nobbled the players or the club would they?

I will make this statement now. WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER PREMIERSHIP UNDER HORSE. The fact is he listens to John Blakey in preference to his line coaches. Blakey is still next to him in the coaching box and yet he is not on the coaching panel. If this new coaching regime is to work then Blakey has to go. He's old regime. We only need new regime in the box. Horse needs to listen to his new guys not Blakey!!!

I could not believe how badly Lewis Melican was kicking the ball. Same with Smithy, Reg, Rampe & Mills. How many times can they just panic kick out of defence or just stuff an easy kick up, It was as though they were on a script that said they had to lose. Crownbet are the official sponsor of the AFL. They wouldn't have nobbled the players or the club would they?

I will make this statement now. WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER PREMIERSHIP UNDER HORSE. The fact is he listens to John Blakey in preference to his line coaches. Blakey is still next to him in the coaching box and yet he is not on the coaching panel. If this new coaching regime is to work then Blakey has to go. He's old regime. We only need new regime in the box. Horse needs to listen to his new guys not Blakey!!!

Oh STFU...what a stupid post! WTF would you know about Blakey? Longmire is the Coach, not Blakey! I’m ****ing flabbergasted by this, it makes feel embarrassed to use the word ‘flabbergasted’!

How’d Florent go? Ok then!

Funnily enough Florent was good. But like most players he lost momentum in the third. but that was due to our coach not having a clue more than his fault.

Cunningham and Florent were good in the first half. but Harry gave the ball up in the second half. Ollie did not.

But to drop Newman was a HUGE mistake.

It didn't help that Zac was injured. but if you were going to replace like for like then Ronke had to come in. He is a terrier just like zac and can break the lines with pure pace. Kizza might have got 16 but some of his decision making was just so bad I wanted to vomit. He got the ball in the centre. All our players streamed to the right. He was facing that way with four to five free players directly in front of him. He decided for some unknown reason to turn completely the other way, to the left. He then kicked to an unmarked Port player who kicked the ball down the line and they scored a goal. This incident was one of the most frustrating for the day. Why? Because an experienced player had four to five players streaming right of the field, he's facing that way, and he ignores them for the unknown then just blazes away. He did not bother looking. That is what bothered me. It wasn't team footy. It was it's my kick I'll do what I want to. He should be dropped on that effort alone. But that wasn't the only one unfortunately. He did the same for most of the day.

Lewis Melican. Boy normally so dependable. Today crap. His disposal was rubbish, again and again. He fumbled as did all our backs. It was as though all our backs were paid to lose the game. But the worst was the midfield. they fumbled, bumbled and coughed the ball up again and again. The worst performance by these guys since a finals series. Which when it comes to the big games they lose because they can't take pressure. Our mids are SOFT!! None of our mids will win a premiership if they continue to be so soft and gutless under pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh STFU...what a stupid post! WTF would you know about Blakey? Longmire is the Coach, not Blakey! I’m ******* flabbergasted by this, it makes feel embarrassed to use the word ‘flabbergasted’!

Why does John Blakey sit next to Longmire in the coaching box Mick?

Funnily enough Florent was good. But like most players he lost momentum in the third. but that was due to our coach not having a clue more than his fault.

Cunningham and Florent were good in the first half. but Harry gave the ball up in the second half. Ollie did not.

But to drop Newman was a HUGE mistake.

It didn't help that Zac was injured. but if you were going to replace like for like then Ronke had to come in. He is a terrier just like zac and can break the lines with pure pace. Kizza might have got 16 but some of his decision making was just so bad I wanted to vomit. He got the ball in the centre. All our players streamed to the right. He was facing that way with four to five free players directly in front of him. He decided for some unknown reason to turn completely the other way, to the left. He then kicked to an unmarked Port player who kicked the ball down the line and they scored a goal. This incident was one of the most frustrating for the day. Why? Because an experienced player had four to five players streaming right of the field, he's facing that way, and he ignores them for the unknown then just blazes away. He did not bother looking. That is what bothered me. It wasn't team footy. It was it's my kick I'll do what I want to. He should be dropped on that effort alone. But that wasn't the only one unfortunately. He did the same for most of the day.

Lewis Melican. Boy normally so dependable. Today crap. His disposal was rubbish, again and again. He fumbled as did all our backs. It was as though all our backs were paid to lose the game. But the worst was the midfield. they fumbled, bumbled and coughed the ball up again and again. The worst performance by these guys since a finals series. Which when it comes to the big games they lose because they can't take pressure. Our mids are SOFT!! None of our mids will win a premiership if they continue to be so soft and gutless under pressure.

Hey Google...read this this to me!

You may be having a melt down and somehow believe that your rant is of some value but really soft and gutless ? Harden up yourself and take the loss on the chin.

Under pressure in two GF this midfield has proven itself soft. Today again they were soft when it counted. Take the loss on the chin. What are you a boxing coach? Listen mate our mids have been overrated for years. If you look at the figures they tell the real story. We have one mid and if he gets blocked then we are cactus. Luke Parker is good until he gets huge pressure then he goes to water. Joey is the only one who in reality can blast out of hard situations but when they smother him there is nothing he can do. The rest need to get far harder if we are going to win a premiership. You might be happy reaching the finals every year but I'm pissed off. We might as well be bottom. Why should I take the loss on the chin? If you accept mediocrity then you are mediocre. Accepting a loss without questioning why is futility in itself. You will lose again and again and accept being a loser.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 2 2018 Sydney vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back