Autopsy Rd 2 2018 Sydney vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Ramps has been very poor thus far. He shouldn't be immune from the kind of shit that gets thrown Reidy or Deanos way but a few more weeks of this & I'll be expecting to see people start calling for him to get the Newman treatment...

‘Got more credits in the bank, but yeah been average, whole defence has even v eagles it was pretty ordinary down there

True.

(Reidy should have more credits in the bank than any of them Kingy :p)

Reid had a solid season last year, only real gripe with him would be his ability to stay on the park.

He is arguably needed at both ends right now

Tempted to quote this as my signature... I'll just quote it for posterity for now. :p

Solid season is not a ringing endorsement, but we know what we get with Reid, good hands and average goal kicking.

KJ does look as though he is declining no doubt

His Biggest problem is a massive handicap to the side. He is a midfielder part time small forward which tells you his main task is the ball at ground level. Every time he is in a situation where he is over the ball he wants to turn and roll to his left side to protect his biggest deficiency. No opposite side skills. Every single time this happens it allows that split second for the opposition to apply the tackle and stop the quick give up from the ground to an outside option. This always looks like he can't bend to collect the ball cleanly, makes him look extremely slow because it is a double action by propping and turning then bending and rightly or wrongly like you say looks like he is rapidly on the decline.

His Biggest problem is a massive handicap to the side. He is a midfielder part time small forward which tells you his main task is the ball at ground level. Every time he is in a situation where he is over the ball he wants to turn and roll to his left side to protect his biggest deficiency. No opposite side skills. Every single time this happens it allows that split second for the opposition to apply the tackle and stop the quick give up from the ground to an outside option. This always looks like he can't bend to collect the ball cleanly, makes him look extremely slow because it is a double action by propping and turning then bending and rightly or wrongly like you say looks like he is rapidly on the decline.

Been a great clubman, but why has he never developed his other foot or even an ability to manage it like a james hird,

Every opposition player knows what jack wants to do and he looks lost if he is on the wrong side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Florent is almost unrecognisable. Body wise, Face wise and output wise. Was pretty good.

Rohan is a luxury player, Won’t win it for you when the chips are down. Happy with him in or out. Doesn’t provide much.

Towers does JUST enough to keep a spot.

Cunningham was ok.

Hewett was pretty poor with crucial drops and fumbles at critical times.

Sinclair tried Atleast

Allir and Newman have to come in.

Reid needs to be in so we have another target up forward.

It’s only early, but signs were there last week against a poor eagles team. Maybe the bubble has burst? Or maybe it’s same old same old. Slow start and flag contenders come the business end.

Mills needs to be in the midfield. His apprenticeship in the backline is finished.

Newman/Aliir --> Defence
Mills --> Mid
Parker --> Fwd/Mid rotation. Too good of an overhead mark for him to not spend anytime in the forward line.

surprised the bookies have us as pretty clear favourites against GWS next week. I wouldnt be shocked if they beat us like they did a couple of years ago at the SCG early in the year.

Surely just a reflection of their lack of fans and that lack reflected in a lack of numbers betting on them every week. A distorted market.
While I wouldn't be betting against the Swans as I don't gamble on sports and not against my team, if I DID then I'd be pretty tempted.
It's much more lucrative to study Hot Copper though and pick a good stock than gamble on sports.
BGS (asx ticker) will return more for me than a life of gambling on the AFL :).

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 2 2018 Sydney vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back