Preview Rd 20 Geelong v North Sat July 27 2024 145 pm @ Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stanley just has to stand up and run with Xerri the best he can. If we want the same thing happening to SDK as happened to his brother, well leave him in the ruck. I certainly don't see that as a positive.

I'm not a fan of SDK in the ruck full stop, and I get your point, but Stanley's ability to run with Xerri is questionable according to eyewitness reports.

Maybe Blitz goes with Xerri - but we're going to be undermanned against North's midfield.

Wardlaw, Sheezel and LDU are all weapons
Thankfully Norf does run out of steam in the second half but they will be a handful in the first …hopefully the team doesn’t let them get too far ahead and back their fitness in the second half

Any meat tray that keeps Clohesy is good.

Any meat tray has him out getting banned.

this is the way.

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

GO Catters

Any meat tray that keeps Clohesy is good.

Any meat tray has him out getting banned.

this is the way.

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

GO Catters
He deserves a full game, particularly if Axe is still sore.

I really liked what I saw from him, even if it did come as fresh legs.

In a week where we should be prioritising effort and accountability after last week's debacle in that area, he deserves at least one full game.

Out: SDK (rested), Parfitt (dropped), Clohesy (dropped), Duncan (managed), Knevitt (dropped)

IN: Stanley, Bruhn, Atkins, Neale

Going to give North an advantage by playing one less player? You've named 5 outs and only 4 inclusions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly that’s not going to happen, which is my point.

I’m still seething about Jeremy Cameron’s game at the weekend.

Jezza has always got a free pass because he's Jezza, but in reality the bloke needs a rocket, too much laconic laziness of late needs to work alot harder and actually compete when the opposition put a good player on him.

Ah, not just me then ...

Has a touch of Stevie J about him, when things are coming off he is a match-winner, but when he's out of touch some of his efforts and execution for such a talented player can confound.

Don't think it will really matter. Sheezel, LDU, Powell and Scott all dominated in round 5 and we still won by 75pts. Our 23 is much better than theirs.
You could say the same for last week or any of our other losses this year.

We're 15 weeks on and they've got 15 more weeks experience playing with each other under Clarkson (well, minus the weeks he was banned). They're better than they were then and it's at their cheat ground.

Yesterday's version:

Early meat tray guess
Outs: Parfitt (inj), Holmes (inj/mgr),
Ins: Atkins, Bruhn, Neale

Today's updated take:
Outs: Parfitt (inj), Holmes (inj/mgr)
Ins: Bruhn & Neale

Rohan as sub
I have been out of action for a couple of days…is Holmes inj?

I have been out of action for a couple of days…is Holmes inj?

In their post match report on Saturday, Krock mentioned that Holmes spent the last 10 minutes of the match on the bench and he was getting a fair bit of treatment on a leg issue

We know he's had hamstring issues in the past, so I'm thinking that if there was a bit of tightness or a reaction that needed a bit of work on night, and if he's not 100% during the week that maybe they'll take a conservative approach this week rather than have him fly to the cold of Tassie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back