Preview Rd 20 Geelong v North Sat July 27 2024 145 pm @ Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After getting pasted by the Dogs we face a serious challenge this week in North.

Serious in that if we roll out the same tripe as last week the Roos will get a sniff, run hard ahead of the ball and their MF will get 60 a piece and just roll over us.

Shezel might get 80.

However, if we actually deicide to put ones head over it and be first to the ball, work harder than them and take full toll of their inexperience then we can get a win.

Based on effort from last last start Id like to see Clohesy stay as sub again or even in the 22 and Neale to come back in of course.

/ust turn up and give better effort. Take a note from Mannaghs book and play like it means something to you.

Go Catters

If we play like we did against the Dogs it's all over.

North are a serious opponent with a strong midfield and reasonable forward line.

Seems like it's been a while since we've played in Tassie (or is this our first time?).

It'll be a bloody contest.

Out: Parfitt, Knevitt, Clohesy (thanks FS!)
In: Bruhn, Neale, Atkins

Yep -if good Geelong turns up - we win. If bad Geelong turns up, we are in trouble. Comon cats- if we want to get a final or two into the kids- now is the time to step up.

After getting pasted by the Dogs we face a serious challenge this week in North.

Serious in that if we roll out the same tripe as last week the Roos will get a sniff, run hard ahead of the ball and their MF will get 60 a piece and just roll over us.

Shezel might get 80.

However, if we actually deicide to put ones head over it and be first to the ball, work harder than them and take full toll of their inexperience then we can get a win.

Based on effort from last last start Id like to see Clohesy stay as sub again or even in the 22 and Neale to come back in of course.

/ust turn up and give better effort. Take a note from Mannaghs book and play like it means something to you.

Go Catters
Bruhn

Last time we played North in Tas was a debut for Ollie Dempsey I recall?

I think we'll know early on whether Geelong are switched on - anyone at the Dogs game Sat night had a pretty good idea we were cooked within the first 10-15 mins. The Cats were dead set off.

Neale and Bruhn will play. Knevitt can go back to the VFL and think about what it takes to cement a spot in an AFL side. From the way the coach was talking it seems Atkins might miss another game with that neural hamstring issue. Didn't sound like a one weeker to me.

Anyone else got a sneaking suspicion that there might be a debut this week? Not sure it's Hardie if Bruhn comes back in. Maybe a defender like Jeka or someone else who can play on a tall down back. Maybe O'Sullivan back in for a look ahead of finals. Personally I think Blicavs should be pushed back for more time in defence - particularly if we get Bruhn back this week and potentially C Guthrie in a few weeks to strengthen the midfield. Blicavs won a B&F as a defender and made the AA squad. If they're determined to play SDK in the ruck I think they'll need some reinforcements down back. Even in the wet it looked like the Bulldogs talls got hold of us.

They might also need to expose Stanley to another game or two in the AFL system as back up if DeKoning goes down. And it wouldn't hurt to give SDK a spell from bang and crash or I reckon he'll be sore come finals.

Must play Stanle
Last time we played North in Tas was a debut for Ollie Dempsey I recall?

I think we'll know early on whether Geelong are switched on - anyone at the Dogs game Sat night had a pretty good idea we were cooked within the first 10-15 mins. The Cats were dead set off.

Neale and Bruhn will play. Knevitt can go back to the VFL and think about what it takes to cement a spot in an AFL side. From the way the coach was talking it seems Atkins might miss another game with that neural hamstring issue. Didn't sound like a one weeker to me.

Anyone else got a sneaking suspicion that there might be a debut this week? Not sure it's Hardie if Bruhn comes back in. Maybe a defender like Jeka or someone else who can play on a tall down back. Maybe O'Sullivan back in for a look ahead of finals. Personally I think Blicavs should be pushed back for more time in defence - particularly if we get Bruhn back this week and potentially C Guthrie in a few weeks to strengthen the midfield. Blicavs won a B&F as a defender and made the AA squad. If they're determined to play SDK in the ruck I think they'll need some reinforcements down back. Even in the wet it looked like the Bulldogs talls got hold of us.

They might also need to expose Stanley to another game or two in the AFL system as back up if DeKoning goes down. And it wouldn't hurt to give SDK a spell from bang and crash or I reckon he'll be sore come finals.
Must play Stanley. Xerri is a bit of a brute. SDK needed down back against Larkey/Comben.

North are plumbing for draft picks… expect a competitive first half and then a few positional changes at the major break to manufacture a drop off.
Can’t see us losing this one.
No point tanking, the player they need isn't a midfielder and will be available later

Seems like it's been a while since we've played in Tassie (or is this our first time?).
Ollie debuted there.

HcDpVt9d.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we play like we did against the Dogs it's all over.

North are a serious opponent with a strong midfield and reasonable forward line.

It'll be a bloody contest.

Out: Parfitt, Knevitt, Clohesy (thanks FS!)
In: Bruhn, Neale, Atkins
Yeah agree this a true contest as kangaroos have been competitive and are a decent team. Have another ‘off’ game it’s a loss…….

Parfitt dominates in the VFL , but does nothing in the AFL….. boy we need the midfield to turn up this week…..
Happy with the Friday night Woods win… and just didn’t turn up against the dogs …… credit to the dogs first of all though…. They turned up and slapped us around in the slop!

I'm a fan of Ollie Henry, but I think he needs to go back to the VFL and find a bit of form..
It's not the worst thing if he gets dropped, take it on the chin and learn from it..
I understand the point of view but can’t see it happening.

I think they will go back to what they were planning on doing last week before Neale was “rested for weather” last minute. Rohan will be sub with Henry and Neale playing forward.

They won’t be blaming forwards from last weeks game with only 39 entries of which at least half of them were putrid

Thinking of heading down to this one

Anyone been to a game in Hobart before? Or know where our cheer squad sit?

I understand the point of view but can’t see it happening.

I think they will go back to what they were planning on doing last week before Neale was “rested for weather” last minute. Rohan will be sub with Henry and Neale playing forward.

They won’t be blaming forwards from last weeks game with only 39 entries of which at least half of them were putrid
I would blame them for not getting front position and not bringing the ball to ground though.

You do have to move on though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back