Prediction Round 22, 2024: Changes vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I know the WAFL hasn't played yet but I would be tempted to just roll with the same team unless there are forced changes.

HEdwards out with Concussion and Barrass in.

It is an 8-day break but it's also a long trip down to Tassie so I am not sure if they will rest anyone but I hope not.

That team with Dewar, Ginbey, Reid, Hall, Whopper, JWill and Maric is a good mix of youth across a variety of different lines and also Trew who is a tiny bit older.

Although Witho wasn't great he was just back in the team and did have some strong tackles in the game, also I can't see him being replaced unless it was for Rotham.

Cripps won't get dropped I don't think which is fine, definitely needs a sharpen up though he had some bad moments but he also got involved.

Team is an interesting one with a number of players who can play wing or HFF and a bit of moving around of all the pieces.

Not sure how Flynn gets a game unless BWill is dropped because you can't drop JWill. Maybe they would 'rest' Darling for the big trip but that would be a massive call after a game like that so I can see Flynn not getting a look in.

Barrass or Bazzo in for HEdwards, depends how the club sees the Barrass situation and how Bazzo goes today. North don't have a huge amount in the KPF space so might be ok to play Bazzo on Larkey with Gov/Ginbey floating around to help.

I'd be ok with Cripps being rested for Hutchinson.
Don't mind Witherden out too with Hunt going back to the backline in his spot, allowing Petch or something to come in.
Give Hutch the wing vacated by Hunt and Petch forward.

BW has been ok outside his tap work lately, but if Flynn is 100% then I'd give Bailey a rest and see how Flynn goes against Xerri.

I'd be ok with dropping Trew to give his spot to Hall, but Trew hasn't been that bad. Just want to see what Hall is like in a midfield role against AFL players. North's relatively young midfield might be an ideal to bring him in more

Recency bias with Cripps kicking that flukey goal to seal it.

He was pathetic 95% of the match.

Fumbled or turned it over when he got it up until that goal.

Laid weak, one armed tackles even when he had them cold.

One of, if not our worst on the night.

Great servant, but probably needs to go through the same WAFL reality check that's gotten JD playing to AFL standard again.

He's contracted for next year and needs to pull his finger out if he's going to be anything other than maligned next year.

Credits crew ring leader with no credits left.

1000% that Matt Flynn needs to play against Tristan Xerri. Witts and Xerri ruck the same style and Williams was desroyed by Witts. Bailey Williams can go to the WAFL and have a go at CHF. Witho has to go. Too many mistakes

IN: Flynn, Barass, Hutchison
OUT: Williams. HEdwards, Witho

Id give Clay Hall the full game and have Hutchison as the sub.

Recency bias with Cripps kicking that flukey goal to seal it.

He was pathetic 95% of the match.

Fumbled or turned it over when he got it up until that goal.

Laid weak, one armed tackles even when he had them cold.

One of, if not our worst on the night.

Great servant, but probably needs to go through the same WAFL reality check that's gotten JD playing to AFL standard again.

He's contracted for next year and needs to pull his finger out if he's going to be anything other than maligned next year.

Credits crew ring leader with no credits left.
All true but id be tempted to put him as the sub in your example and not drop him altogether. Dropping Cripps will just mean we come into a game too tall again cos who else is coming in besides another tall forward ?

All true but id be tempted to put him as the sub in your example and not drop him altogether. Dropping Cripps will just mean we come into a game too tall again cos who else is coming in besides another tall forward ?
Let's meet halfway and omit him, then he can be a late in as sub

I’d be very tempted to manage Allen. Bellerive is not a ground that will suit our super-tall forward line and Darling played far too well (other than that missed set shot in the last) to be dropped.

Would like to see Flynn for Bailey but if they didn’t do it against Witts I doubt they do it against Xerri.

Thought Witherden had a shocker last night but his stats look good.

Barrass for Hedwards (injured)
Hutchinson for Allen (managed)
Hall into the 22, Cole roles back into defence, Witherden out, Petch in
One of Petch/Hutch/Trew to be sub
Witherden to fly as 24th man.

I reserve the right to change my mind following the WAFL today, and then four or five times before Thursday.

I’d be very tempted to manage Allen. Bellerive is not a ground that will suit our super-tall forward line and Darling played far too well (other than that missed set shot in the last) to be dropped.

Would like to see Flynn for Bailey but if they didn’t do it against Witts I doubt they do it against Xerri.

Thought Witherden had a shocker last night but his stats look good.

Barrass for Hedwards (injured)
Hutchinson for Allen (managed)
Hall into the 22, Cole roles back into defence, Witherden out, Petch in
One of Petch/Hutch/Trew to be sub
Witherden to fly as 24th man.

I reserve the right to change my mind following the WAFL today, and then four or five times before Thursday.
Would be ideal to rest Allen for reason you said but like zero percent chance Allen/Schofield would want that to happen

Considering we won, we really shouldn't be bringing in anyone but....

Barass for Edwards if avaliable
Hutchinson for witherden

Duggan takes witherdens spot in the hbf and hutch chops out on the wing again. If Barass is avaliable that makes sense unless we give bazzo a run against a pretty light on key fwd team in norf

Do not want to see rotham come in for Edwards if barass has still got concussion symptoms

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darling played far too well (other than that missed set shot in the last) to be dropped.
To be fair, the bloke had just been absolutely cleaned up late. He was probably looking at 3 sets of goal posts.

In: Barrass (Bazzo if Barrass NA), Petch
Out: Rest either Waterman / Allen. HEdwards
Sub: Trew

Would only consider Flynn in and BWill out if Flynn puts on a clinic in the wafl

In: Barrass
Out: H.Edwards

Concussion deck chairs at KPD can be shuffled. Beyond that, and before WAFL, I think you have to back in the work rate.

Forwardline still looks too tall, especially for Tassie, so maybe Migs’ idea of resting Allen is a good option, but I don’t see it happening. Would also gladly do a ruck swap for Flynn but who knows what their thinking is there.

Not many changes for mine, even if someone plays a blinder in the WAFL.

OUT: Edwards, B. Williams
IN: Barrass, Flynn

When was this tackle people are discussing?

Just before the Darling non-50 mark/free 30 metres out that he then missed in the 4th. I'd be stunned if he doesn't get a week.

Just before the Darling non-50 mark/free 30 metres out that he then missed in the 4th.
Just watched it back. Firstly, what a cooked non 50.

Secondly, no ****ing way that’s a suspension. After what Uwland got zero for last week, if Harley goes for that tackle on Uwland…gee…

2:23:20 on Kayo.

Just watched it back. Firstly, what a cooked non 50.

Secondly, no ****ing way that’s a suspension. After what Uwland got zero for last week, if Harley goes for that tackle on Uwland…gee…

What's the time stamp for the tackle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back