Preview Rd 23 Geelong V St Kilda Say Aug 17 2024 730 pm @ Deadpool Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The flight back from WA must have been nice.

Not sure where the 4 points sat on the plane but im sure they were comfortable.

This week is another must win for Top 4 aspirations - wont be easy as Ross will play to outcoach CS.

There is respect between the 2 and it will be interesting to see whom does what.

WE will lose Bruhn and maybe O Henry whom seemed very sore.

SDK still probably out on that very hard deck. Prob get Rohan back.

Ill take Clohesy back in for grunt please.

Stanley to go again as he was good. Duncan and 2E perhaps for a spell.

Win and we go deep into the Top 4 and the double chance becomes a very very real possibility.

Lose and its grim to make.

If ever there was a need to just get the 4 points and getout with no injuries this would be it

Saints will wanna rain on it... but lets not go there.

GO Catters

PS - Darren Minchington to kick 4 for the Saints....even though he's retired and last played for the Hawks... he averaged 3.5 goals against us....

Last edited:

Bring the high pressure and tackling ambush then we win this game and secure top 4.
If that drops off because they played their GF last week then expect the ainters to cause an upset.
Big watch…..
Aren’t we pretenders? Season over?

I can’t keep up

The Ryan Gamble Cup.

Hardie would be the stiffest bloke in the world for Clark to come in ahead of him... and it very well may happen.
I thought Hardie really struggled with his decision making on the weekend. Plenty of rushed balls onto the boot which is a bad sign at VFL level.

I think the chance either make an impact at AFL level this year is close to zero. Clark probably more likely to play a defensive role though.

I think Knevitt is by far the most unlucky VFL player we've had this year and would be very stiff if we called up Hardie or Clark ahead of him.

Rohan back in for Ollie H for his signature speed and pressure under the Marvel lid. Duncan and Stanley likely to stay in based on form, for match fitness and continuity (as both will also definitely want to play if Hawk's has a H&A farewell against WCE the following week). I would like to see Ted C or Clark come back in if Bruhn misses this week.

Have someone lockdown tight on Tim Membrey,Don't kick it to Marshell and avoid Josh Battle going forward and we will have a decent win. Cats by 36 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardie would be the stiffest bloke in the world for Clark to come in ahead of him... and it very well may happen.

I was on the “how can’t this bloke get a game” bandwagon until I actually sat down and watched a couple of VFL games. I don’t rate him. Poor skills and decision making. Would much rather pump games into a future player like Clark

Win this game and Geel can win another Premiership , however drop this game and then theres basically no hope

StKilda at Marvel can be dangerous , and their last 6 weeks they have probably won 4 or 5 and will get a bit of confidence from trouncing Rich

However a couple of weeks back at Marvel the Lions led the Saints at one stage 13 goals to 1 , surely if the Lions can do that then Geel can beat Stk this week , and C Scott played the role of the amateur Phychologist brilliantly in the lead up to the Frem game , he wound Cameron right up ( re 250th ) that JC tackling and pressure went through the roof , for some one on a million a year , is it asking too much that he does that every week .

Hopefully Geel fingers crossed win this week , because it is a super important game , and not being a mock , but this season every time a club looks to have put itself in the absolute box seat ( re positioning for finals ) then it has gone out and dropped a blooody game unexpectantly , which de rails everything , lets hope that doesnt happen against the Aints

I was on the “how can’t this bloke get a game” bandwagon until I actually sat down and watched a couple of VFL games. I don’t rate him. Poor skills and decision making. Would much rather pump games into a future player like Clark
I'm not on that bandwagon... I just think he is super stiff not to be given a shot at least one time.

We know for certain that Bruhn is out, speculation will be that Mullin is omitted and I'd be happy to see them also play it safe with Henry & have him miss - we saw in a few games post bye that when he wasn't 100% that it impacted his ability to attack the game as we know he can

I'd happily give SDK another week rather than risk him at Marvel which is known to not be good for knees

IF Henry misses, there's the easy in of Rohan

I'd replace Bruhn with Knevitt - Tanner has been starting on the wing at times over the past couple of weeks & then part of the secondary CBA rotation. Bowes can pick up the additional CBAs that Tanner would have attended

We've also seen Mitch play some nice matches at Marvel - such as his effort against the Bulldogs last year

The bigger question for me is around Mullin & who takes his spot as sub, or does he keep that role for another week? If he's omitted, I could see a potential decision of Bews in and Tuohy to sub

I'm not on that bandwagon... I just think he is super stiff not to be given a shot at least one time.

I think the Richmond clash pre bye was the best opportunity to debut him - when that passed, it was hard to see another opportunity open up as long finals were alive

I'm thinking this time of year and Ladder position any ins will come from players with finals experience.
Depending on the outs.

SDK if fit
Rohan
Bews
Parfitt
All fit in seamlessly.

Parfitt missed the VFL with "hamstring awareness"(?) - so not sure he's really an option this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back