Autopsy Rd 4 v Brisbane - Game Discussion and Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Just don't know about this club.

As soon as anything is expected of us we just go back into the same old shit side. Even though we have a different side, different coach, new whole look. We go back to the same Ol Richmond... I just don't get it.

Once again the half empty brigade are expecting every win to be a punishing victory with winners all over the ground.

It was a scrappy affair but we were all over them from the very start. I expect no changes unless someone got injured.

The next 2 weeks are a test but i'm looking forward to them as real chances to see where we are at. It was good to see the players that are usually on the outer have good games. All in all i'm very happy to have a good win. Anyone sooking about it needs their head read.

Have we/Dusty been instructed to not take a shot on goal from outside 50 metres? On more than one occasion he could have comfortably made the distance, but seemed like he had it in his mind that he had to pass it off... This was one of the many frustrating things to come out of tonights game.

Nanananana Grigg & Petterd played well tonight, Lids has been slagged off non stop by some fools here and now without him they realize how good he is & all those 3 trillion Wayne Campbell haters over the years, maybe, just maybe he was good for us all along. Ps nothing will ever beat that shoot Graham Burge thread I saw this week.

Not the old will they be part of our next premiership gag?

And forgetting Premierships for a bit, why don't we all enjoy a win.
We get enough kicks in the head with an iron boot.
For instance, I'm on my second bottle of wine, waiting for the Mrs to finish Parenthood, then I'm watching the replay.
Yay.

It was definitely not the best game we have played but we got the 4 points. It was good to see some our best players played in their natural positions, Riewoldt at full forward and Martin forward rotating through the midfield. Our forward line also looked a lot more structured without Tyrone Vickery in the team. Vickery will have to string some good performances together in the VFL to force his way back into the team. I thought Ricky Petterd also played well. He made some mistakes but I think all of our players did tonight. I will give credit to Hardwick for including him in the team, which I thought was the wrong decision.

To the people bagging out Nathan Gordon (Groupie the main culprit) some humble pie is on the menu for you. He kicked a fantastic three goals in about a quarter and a half of footy. He showed some of the damage that some of the posters on this board knew he was capable of.

Keeping everything in perspective though we played against Brisbane who are on the bottom of the ladder and we didn't get fully firing until the last quarter. The real tests of our character will be against Hawthorn and Geelong in the next two weeks.

I will wait until after Richmond's VFL game before naming the changes that I think should happen.

Go Tigers! :D

Changes for when It is ready
Out: Hampson, Grigg, Grimes
In: Lids, Maric, Rance
Surely you jest about Hampson 52 hitouts 18 to advantage which gave our midfielders an armchair ride

Hampson with Maric sounds interesting. Hampson taps well but mainly to opposition!, Is that his fault or our mids? Seems to win all the possible taps but just not to advantage

The clearly better team won, glad we gave you a brief scare.

What I really came here for was to thank the Richmond players for the guard of honour. Class.

For a true champion, who's not done yet. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who locked the real Groupie_ in the dungeon..?
Tell him to believe now.
We'll steal one of the next two.
Oh, and Ricky had a ripper game, you might've taped it.
:D

How ?

Hampson with Maric sounds interesting. Hampson taps well but mainly to opposition!, Is that his fault or our mids? Seems to win all the possible taps but just not to advantage
Hampson is leading the comp with an average 14 hitouts to advantage per game.

Gordon is perfect sub, Arnot is perfect pressure and Lloyd is perfect accumulator around the forward 50. The other thing is they all can and do tackle.

Arnot, Lloyd and Gordon combined for 16 tackles, Edwards, Grigg and Houli 7 tackles....
Harsh on Edwards and houli adding Griggs donut to their tally.

other than Leunberger, Hanley and Rich, who did Brisbane have out?
Staker? meh
compared to Maric, Rance and deledio has does it stack up?

Merrett, Green and Beams are the others that are bonifide best 22. McGrath as well but he's getting on a bit.

Once again the half empty brigade are expecting every win to be a punishing victory with winners all over the ground.

It was a scrappy affair but we were all over them from the very start. I expect no changes unless someone got injured.

The next 2 weeks are a test but i'm looking forward to them as real chances to see where we are at. It was good to see the players that are usually on the outer have good games. All in all i'm very happy to have a good win. Anyone sooking about it needs their head read.

Ironically, last season a rampant Richmond having just flogged the Dawks came up against Bris and despite sailing to a very pretty 40 something point lead, won the game by just 23 points at the G. Don't remember the same outcry. A win is a win and a win when you have been playing really really poorly is great. We need to get back into winning habits and that's hard to do when we have been losing and missing key players and having key players playing poorly. It'll come and if it doesn't then we aren't good enough and we'll have to improve.

Leads the competition in hit-outs to advantage. Has not gone under 10 hit-outs to advantage once this season.

other than Leunberger, Hanley and Rich, who did Brisbane have out?
Staker? meh
compared to Maric, Rance and deledio has does it stack up?

Sauce..?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 4 v Brisbane - Game Discussion and Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back