Autopsy Rd 4 v Brisbane - Game Discussion and Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't want to give them the opportunity to prove themselves a part of a young team while we're building towards sustained finals success in a couple years time? You'd rather play Newman and Grigg and Thomas who simply won't be there due to age/ shocking ability/ limited ability?
Not just for the sake of it, no.
I think perhaps Thomas may be in strife so one will come in.
It'll happen when it happens.
It's a pretty flimsy argument to say Batchelor "has shown glimpses"
So has everyone.

Out: Grigg, Petterd, Thomas
In: Foley, McDonough, Deledio

Need to remove the players who just aren't afl standard because they will kill us against haw and geel
Petterd would have been in our best 3 tonight.

Not just for the sake of it, no.
I think perhaps Thomas may be in strife so one will come in.
It'll happen when it happens.
It's a pretty flimsy argument to say Batchelor "has shown glimpses"
So has everyone.

It'll happen when it happens? Why not give these kids a chance to prove themselves now and get comfortable at this level as well with the team and the game plan?

Brisbane Lions Record at the Gabba - Against Opposition Clubs

vs Adelaide: Played 17 - Brisbane Lions 10, Adelaide 7

vs Carlton: Played 12 - Brisbane Lions 7, Carlton 5

vs Collingwood: Played 13 - Brisbane Lions 9, Collingwood 4

vs Essendon: Played 10 - Brisbane Lions 6, Essendon 4

vs Fremantle: Played 9 - Brisbane Lions 7, Fremantle 2

vs Geelong: Played 14 - Brisbane Lions 8, Geelong 6

vs Gold Coast: Played 4 - Brisbane Lions 3, Gold Coast 1

vs GWS: Played 2 - Brisbane Lions 2, GWS 0

vs Hawthorn: Played 12 - Brisbane Lions 9, Hawthorn 3

vs Melbourne: Played 14 - Brisbane Lions 10, Melbourne 4

vs North Melbourne: Played 12 - Brisbane Lions 10, North Melbourne 2

vs Port Adelaide: Played 14 - Brisbane Lions 8, Port Adelaide 4, 2 draws

vs Richmond: Played 13 - Brisbane Lions 6, Richmond 7

vs St Kilda: Played 16 - Brisbane Lions 12, St Kilda 4

vs Sydney: Played 13 - Brisbane Lions 5, Sydney 7, 1 draw

vs West Coast: Played 15 - Brisbane Lions 7, West Coast 8

vs Western Bulldogs: Played 17 - Brisbane Lions 11, Western Bulldogs 6

Petterd would have been in our best 3 tonight.
To think the vast majority of the board didn't want him in the side this week.

I was so hoping Petterd would play well just for the pure chuckles at watching the forlorn calls of "drop him".
Have to admire the consistency and persistency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hampson is a class tap ruckman but is close to the biggest spud I've ever seen around the ground.
Gameplan should be:
1. Hampson take the centre bounce
2. Run as fast as possible to the interchange.
lol what if there is a stoppage while he's running to the bench?

It'll happen when it happens? Why not give these kids a chance to prove themselves now and get comfortable at this level as well with the team and the game plan?
Because they don't deserve it.

To think the vast majority of the board didn't want him in the side this week.
I said he was the best of the duds. :p

In all seriousness there's about 8 that need to go before him. He did this against the Blues and was shit the week after. Needs to play well regularly. But 2 good games >> the donuts a few others have delivered.

First half was a disgrace.

Third Quarter started badly, but Cotchin, Vlastuin and Newman started to get their hands on the ball and as soon as we attacked the corridor, momentum swung our way.

Last Quarter was the only quarter worth watching. Gordon was excellent, Hampson's tapwork was excellent, Martin, Jackson and cotchin stepped up. What was annoying about the last quarter was the downhill skiers played their cameo's AFTER the game was beyond any doubt, and of course they were missing when the game was still a contest - Grigg has 29 touches - only 3-4 hit a target. Completely squibbed an intercept or spoil on Brown and had his usual 10 possessions in the last when the game was over. Ditto Edwards. Both need spells at VFL.

Jack looked a lot more composed when we went into forward 50 and for once, we didn't butcher the inside 50 delivery. Lucky this change has been made going into the Hawks game, because it would have been very ugly if we persisted with the forward line of the first 3 rounds.

Out - Grigg (omit), Edwards (omit), Thomas (rested/omit)
In - Foley, Madonna, Lennon

Persist with Lloyd. He was great before being knocked in the head. Presented well.

I could too playing loose in defence ;)
Credit where it's due he was good. If we wanna pay out players for getting cheapies we need to look no further than Cotchin.

At least Dimma seems to have worked out Thomas is Jackos back up and the 2 together is way too slow.

I said he was the best of the duds. :p

In all seriousness there's about 8 that need to go before him. He did this against the Blues and was shit the week after. Needs to play well regularly. But 2 good games >> the donuts a few others have delivered.
To be fair the Dogs game he was hobbled by the groin injury for a half. Back up and running tonight he showed his value. Unlike Grigg he won nearly 50% of his disposals in a contested situation tonight and still went at 82% DE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 4 v Brisbane - Game Discussion and Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back