We've found a handy goalkicker in Gordon, 3 goals this week. :thumbsu:

We've also got a handy goalkicker in Lloyd, 3 goals last week. :thumbsu:

I'm rapt with that. :thumbsu:

Lennon? I hope he plays forward too. :thumbsu:

:thumbsu:

:thumbsu:

susan-boyle-thumbs-up.jpg

You are a ******* idiot.

You're critical of BF supporters but most of them are saying the exact same things that you are. Edwards, Ellis, Grigg (Petterd, Newman) are holding us down and we need to play the kids/find quality replacements in the off-season.

You've taken quite a pessimistic tone and have already written off our season. It's only round 5. We have 18 rounds to improve. Our team now and the team at the end of the year will be vastly different. Who knows what the effect of Rance, Maric, Knights and Deledio coming back will be?

I agree with you that we are playing bad football, but our game is mysterious in many ways. Players hit form at different times and so do teams. Thinking about it logically, it's not as though Damien is sitting on his ass and twiddling his thumbs after a loss or a win like this. He and his team of assistant coaches are analysing what went wrong and are trying to coach out the negatives.

I don't believe that we have a hopeless coaching staff and am not willing to immediately turn straight to the club with pitchforks and fire like you and what Richmond has been doing the past 30 years after 5 games. (It's not as though we are 0-5 anyway)

Petterd and Thomas are slow of mind footballers. Absolutely have no idea. The mistakes Petterd makes is horrendous. Comical. Most have been forgotten cause they look at the stats sheet and see 28 touches. Simpletons.

Petterd 28 disposals 13 contested 82%DE 9 marks 1 contested mark 1 tackle 4 clearances 3 I50 3 R50 1 goal 2 clangers

Deledio Cotchin or Martin put up numbers like that and there would be a collective circle jerk going on about how they dominated against the Lions, Petterd does it and he is still a spud and played a poor game. Don't say it doesn't happen because it does happen almost every time those guys do have games like that.

Petterd 28 disposals 13 contested 82%DE 9 marks 1 contested mark 1 tackle 4 clearances 3 I50 3 R50 1 goal 2 clangers

Deledio Cotchin or Martin put up numbers like that and there would be a collective circle jerk going on about how they dominated against the Lions, Petterd does it and he is still a spud and played a poor game. Don't say it doesn't happen because it does happen almost every time those guys do have games like that.

No I watch the ****ing game RT. I'm not just a stat analyzer.

**** sake man. Critical mistakes. How many did your stats throw up?

He's a terrible footballer. Makes critical errors, no feel for the game and crumbles under sever pressure.

Dimma loves a battler. This guy is his number one fan boy.

You are pumping him up by comparing him to Grigg. Haha ridiculous.

Who cares if he puts his head over the ball, which players don't these days??? We need players with skills under pressure...
Like I said one of the fan faves puts up a game like Petterd did tonight and there would be a collective circle jerk with everyone going on about how they dominated, yet a regular whipping boy puts up those numbers and it's "yeah but he still sucks and will never take us anywhere". Petterd is a role player and tonight he played his role. Won the hard ball when he needed to, used the ball well when he had it and provided good link up play from the back. You can't ask for much more than that from a role player.

You know we are in a slump? Not by the sounds of it.

This club for too long has stood for mediocrity. There is absolutely no substance in our club.

Then the promise of doing it right comes along with Hardwick. He promises this and that.

Then doesn't deliver again. On promises he made internally. He has relented and it's because of these decisions that we are back in our familiar situation of you guessed it, mediocrity.

You think I just talk on the forum and don't act on my disgust for what's happening. You don't know me.

A select few here know that I will not rest until the club have that culture of crap scrapped and never to return.

This time it hurts more than before. Cause we were on track. I truly believed in Dimma. It's why it hurts so bad now to know what is going on.

You, me and all of us have been shortchanged and deceived. It's terrible.

I have nothing positive to say about the club right now. I'm sorry I didn't realise this forum was only for flower sniffers. Posting here since 2001 it never occurred to me.

Some of our fans are in part to blame for letting our clubs hierarchy continue to get away with skewing of plans and objectives.

For too long this has happened. It's our culture now.
The difference here for me is I know we are in a slump and no one is saying all things are rosy. I know we need to move on players for better players( this will happen more at the end of the year with King and Newman and a few others), but unlike you I want it in an orderly fashion(no massive changes week in week out) while accepting the fact that we still have a way to go to get we want. That doesn't mean overreacting, wanting dimma on a pike because he has 'ruined' players knowing that we need more strings to their bow(playing different roles), knowing we still rely on our best to play our best. You well entitled to your view, but imho your way over the top in wanting everyone sacked, your way over the top with the hubris for wanting to be proven right all the time and rubbing everyone's nose in it(mind you I still disagree your right tho). This for me is the most I don't like about you posting recently. you cant even post anything positive at all no matter what happens. Yes we had a win, yes it wasn't that good, yes I want players transisioned out(newman, grigg,edwards etc) but unlike you I realise it cant be done at once. This is not about accepting mediocrity its about doing it in the right way. Do I disagree with the way the coaching staff do it at times, yes I do, but I don't want them to put up against the wall either.I know you disagree but its just my 2 cents.

Good win (would take any win to be honest!).

Positives:
  • Cotchin bouncing back from last week. 1 goal, 32 touches, 7 tackles. Not a bad day out for the skipper. Stood up when the game was on the line in the third.
  • Riewoldt - 4 goals, looked at home again at FF. Again, also stood up with some crucial goals when they were needed most.
  • Martin - fair to say he should be playing forward more often (the move down back doesn't look like it will pay dividends). Animal of a forward.
  • Hampson dominated the ruck with 52 hitouts (to West's 27). Not much impact around the ground from either but just goes to show that we needed a ruck and went out and seemingly got a handy enough one.
  • Gordon - 3 goals as the sub. Last week it was Lloyd. I want both of these guys playing as our small forwards in future! 10 tackles between the 2 of them. Edwards with 2 goals and 5 tackles also a handy small forward. Throw in Martin, Jack and Griff and its a nice combination (IMO).
  • Chaplin, Houli, Petterd, Newman, Grigg and Morris. Fair to say all have been under the scope a bit with our bad start to the season but really started to see some of their better form once they got their confidence (mojo) back. Played with more intent, risk taking and run which all helped continue our domination.
  • Arnott - loved his game. Needs to spend more time in midfield.
  • Tigers back with a spring in their step again (?). How we played in the last quarter and a bit was similar to us of last year. Would be a welcome return to form just in time for 2 tough games!
  • McGuane - solid effort tonight from McGun. Best contribution of the night was helping chair Browny off the field! :D

Like I said one of the fan faves puts up a game like Petterd did tonight and there would be a collective circle jerk with everyone going on about how they dominated, yet a regular whipping boy puts up those numbers and it's "yeah but he still sucks and will never take us anywhere". Petterd is a role player and tonight he played his role. Won the hard ball when he needed to, used the ball well when he had it and provided good link up play from the back. You can't ask for much more than that from a role player.

See if he backs it up. Cotch had better numbers but I don't see anyone raving about him?

In fact, none of our players were a stand out tonight. Maybe only Jack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played like absolute piddle for 3 qtrs. Last qtr was much better, but I'm not liking how they seem to pick and choose when to play real football.

If this chip-chip tempo style footy is a coaching directive, it has got to stop. When we attack, we win. It's that simple. We're not Fremantle. If it's confidence, well that's another thing altogether. Can only hope the guys build into it. Worrying though that we revert to it so frequently.

Now to a new segment, Stylo's Fifth Quarter Love-o-meter:

I love - Vlastuin, Arnot, Griffiths, Dusty, Jack, Cotchin, Jackson

I'm fond of - Petterd, Houli, Conca, Gordon, Lloyd, Astbury, Grimes

Buy me flowers and I'll think about it - Hampson, Morris, Newman, Edwards, Ellis, Chaplin, Thomas

And I do not love Grigg. GTFO Grigg.

The top 8-10's not settled yet..

Which clubs do we look better than? Carlton, Brisbane and Melbourne I'd say. Chuck in GWS and STK too. Everyone else looks better than us IMO or is at least playing better footy.

Fact of the matter is we look miles off the top 8-10 teams
Honestly, sante the fact of the matter is we had a half decent win, confidence and momentum will help.
I don't know what will happen against the Hawks, if we don't find something more we will probably lose heavily, but it hasn't happened yet so enjoy the positives out of tonight's win, I'm sure there are a couple!

No I watch the ******* game RT. I'm not just a stat analyzer.

**** sake man. Critical mistakes. How many did your stats throw up?

He's a terrible footballer. Makes critical errors, no feel for the game and crumbles under sever pressure.

Dimma loves a battler. This guy is his number one fan boy.
2 clangers and went at 82% DE with 13 of 28 disposals won in a contest. The numbers would suggest that what your eyes are seeing is not what is actually happening. It might help if you watch the game without having already judged a players performance because it seems that is what is happening. Following your posts I know that you hate Petterd amongst others and no matter how well those players play I never see you give them any credit for having played a good game. Even tonight you're ripping into Petterd and yet he made 2 clangers all night from 28 disposals and went at 82% efficiency despite winning nearly half his disposals in a contest. That would suggest that he didn't make a heap of critical errors(yes there was one in the square) and he didn't crumble when under pressure either. Just think about this Petterd had the 9th best DE% for us tonight, was our leading contested possession winner and our 3rd highest overall disposal winner, as I said if it was Deledio who had played a game like Petterd did tonight he'd be among the best 2 players on the ground if you were giving votes, but I'm willing to bet that Petterd won't feature.

BTW while watching the game I don't look at the stats to judge how players are going. What I do use the stats for is to back up my opinion of how a player has gone after the game has finished. Sometimes I think a player has been great and yet when you look at the stats they've done little in terms of disposals but their influence has been great i.e. had Vlastuin as my best player tonight, yet disposal wise you'd say I'm kidding myself. Other times I think a player has done nothing but then go home and see that they have had it on a string all game and played better than I gave them credit for.

Which clubs do we look better than? Carlton, Brisbane and Melbourne I'd say. Chuck in GWS and STK too. Everyone else looks better than us IMO or is at least playing better footy.

Essendon, West Coast and Gold Coast all had their arse handed to them. The only three teams you can lock are Hawthorn, Freo and Geelong.
But Hawthorn are nearly our bitch. We just need to hang in there.
Like tonight.

Honestly, sante the fact of the matter is we had a half decent win, confidence and momentum will help.
I don't know what will happen against the Hawks, if we don't find something more we will probably lose heavily, but it hasn't happened yet so enjoy the positives out of tonight's win, I'm sure there are a couple!

What was half decent? The fact we ran over the top of a team full of kids?

I'm glad we won of course but our underwhelming start to the season is dragging on and on to the point where we look like we going to hit form when it's too late. We should be pushing for top 4 this year...

What was half decent? The fact we ran over the top of a team full of kids?

I'm glad we won of course but our underwhelming start to the season is dragging on and on to the point where we look like we going to hit form when it's too late. We should be pushing for top 4 this year...
Cool, I'll take that;)

Where do you see it changing? Under pressure we can't execute our gameplan.
We are getting tactics against us in that your advantages are also your disadvantage. We need to get better at that(coaching), but it also comes down to effort as well. We lack the run from behind, we lack that class and we lack the top players that are injured. It is said it isn't as bad as it seems or as good as it seems either. Clearly they aren't playing on that much and I wonder if it is a fitness issue? I don't think it is a simple thing to fix, either player or coach, but a collective. We need to rotate players in and out, to find the right mix. We have started this and hopefully this continues but we will see. To answer your question I really don't know but im also not going to make outlandish statements either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 4 v Brisbane - Game Discussion and Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back