Autopsy Rd 4 v Brisbane - Game Discussion and Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I do not understand the hate for Petterd. Everyone points out that one main mistake early on tonight that could of cost us a goal. But Look at Morris he had 5 direct turnovers and 3 FG. He was worst on!

Changes I'd make would be:

In: Deledio, Rance

Out: Thomas, Grimes

Things that keep on annoying me:

That we took Conca over Heppell. Heppell is a star and Conca is only a so so player. It would be great to have his class in the centre.
Edwards. Good enough for our team, but it would be great if we had an upgraded version of him al la. Rioli. Lets trade our first pick this year and Edwards for Rioli!
Dimma talking about Dustin's flexibility and that we are going to continue to experiment with him. As a coach he has lost my respect. His structural changes have been crap. Riewoldt needs to be continued to play deep, Edwards or Dustin work better as that third tall (please don't play A. Edwards though).

Didn't Heppell make it very clear during his draft that he only wanted to go to efc ??

The effort early in the 1st qtr was actually really good, the finishing in-front of goal was horrendous. Going missing for a qtr playing that slow, sideways footy is still a concern. It's a style you should be able to use for a few mins per qtr, not extended periods.
We like to do it when we are on top too. Even last year. The top teams do it when they are battling and just want to get the leather in their hands.

Petterd and Grigg had a lot of the ball but 50% of their possessions went to absolutely no one. The more games they get the more we will be stuck down the bottom
wrong about petterd, apart from a couple of fluffs his ball use and set ups stood out like a beacon and thought he was the most constructive and effective player on the ground

a lot of numbskulls refuse to accept that his reading of the play and decision making between when to attack or defend is exceptional, some say his stuff ups cost us 2 goals, i say hmmm maybe one but what about the 6 or 7 he contributed to, a few of them he made things happen that were pretty much out of nothing.

Have been a long time viewer of bigfooty and Richmond fan for life but this will be my first post. TBH I am so over listening to DimWits comments about how we need to stick to the structure, stick to the game plan. Sounds like George Bush's stay the course campaign. He is bloody clueless and proves it by stupid decisions to play players who don't perform week in week out. You can see his stupid game plan as the players always look to go backwards before they go forwards ALA wallacafied, awfull strategy.

Shane Edwards = Spud / not enough strength, too slow to be a gun forward pocket, goes missing constantly, why does he persist with playing him in the midfield arrghh.
Shaun Grigg, Paaleaaassee / awfullness at its best, 28 weak posessions, no pressure, doesn't break lines, constantly kicks side ways or backwards. Why does he get a go before others kids who would be the future, surely Knights would be a better option, better skills
Morris = surely you would have to consider dropping him after last nights efforts, WOG in my opinion, mistake after mistake after mistake, sure he goes hard at the ball, but has no composure and always gives away free kicks going hammer and tongs at it. Do we not remember his terrible performance under pressure against Carltank in the preliminary final. Not up to it!
Newman = DONE, why the **** does he still get a game, understandably he was a previous captain but really, way to slow, cant break lines, can put pressure on, be ruthless like hawthorn FFS drop him, Mcdonna would be a much better candidate, why wouldn't you get AFL games into him - teach him at the high level so he gets better rather than the Magoos, the kid has got endeavour.
Houli, surely just another passenger and just as weak as Grigg
Thomas goes hard, but no stamina and too slow - really don't know why they didn't elevate Miles instead would have been a much better acquisition for the future.
Id also like to see Darou in the team for Chaplin but even the possibility of Rance for Chaplin and keep grimes in the team. After watching preseason too, did anyone else think Elton was good against Essenjection at Punt Rd, I thought he took some good strong marks and kicked a goal, why hasn't he been given a go?
If Vickery is put back in for Hawthorn I'll kill myself.

Does anyone else get offended by Dimmas Disection, I mean what a tosser, smiles when we win and sad face when we loose and never talks about tackling. Anyway thats my vent.
im tipping this is your first post with your new alias :rolleyes:

I'm a Ty fan when he's playing ok but definitely needs to play solid footy for an extended period in the twos I think.
Will do him good.
Grigg in the same boat for mine. See if we can get him back to 2012 form.

wrong about petterd, apart from a couple of fluffs his ball use and set ups stood out like a beacon and thought he was the most constructive and effective player on the ground

a lot of numbskulls refuse to accept that his reading of the play and decision making between when to attack or defend is exceptional, some say his stuff ups cost us 2 goals, i say hmmm maybe one but what about the 6 or 7 he contributed to, a few of them he made things happen that were pretty much out of nothing.
If you really want to, you only see certain things. His decision to try a handball on front of goals with a greasy ball was costly. The lynch mob were all over that.
He set up goals with sone smart handball and calm thinking when the shit was on,
He got the ball moving long and fast when the situation was screaming for it,then kicked a great running goal.
He continually put himself into space in a very congested game.
But if you choose to ignore it, it can be done.
What really confounded me though was this-
Everyone has different opinions about players and the game,that's nature and we all get it wrong some days and right others.Some of us will disagree with everything. But it shouldn't matter.
But last night there were people in here that were actually angry that Petterd played well.Angry even it seems that we won in the end?
I'll never ever understand that line of thinking.
Then if all goes wrong and the players you hate play well you can just start calling posters names.

Who did we play? I'd imagine it had Lids, Rance and Maric in it but lacked Lloyd, Gordon and Arnot. :hearts: We've found 3 goodies. If we can find a couple more before the big guns come back...:thumbsu:

Did we just find them or have those we brought in given us the time needed to develop them ?? Just a thought/question. Hard to say really....

I might be wrong, but wasnt their some dodgy injury information going around about Hepell prior to the draft.
I don't think it was dodgy. Pretty sure he had an injury. Think it was a groin injury.

This pick doesn't bother me. I was happy with Conca. I wanted Parker over Batchelor though. That was a bad mistake. Conca is a solid player. Playing really well this year but he's the quiet, unassuming type like a Joel Corey/James Kelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But last night there were people in here that were actually angry that Petterd played well.Angry even it seems that we won in the end?

And some wanted him dropped for the Hawks game:rolleyes:

Funny when you click on Watched Threads and see the last poster highlighted, you know exactly what he is going to say regarding certain players regardless of how they played.

Petterds ball drop when he kicked the goal :eek: Haha still rekon he played a cracker
Yeah.
He doesn't have a great ball drop.
Still though,reckon some people focus on that and that alone,and just can't get over it.

A pathetic effort last night against a team that had not won a quarter all year and was decimated by injuries.

There was the customary lapse where we let the opposition get a run on and hit the lead. Wasted opportunities in front of goal too. If we were playing a half decent side we would have lost badly.

The 4 points will only temporarily paper over the cracks. The next two weeks against Hawthorn and Geelong will be ugly. Especially when we are 2 wins and 5 losses and the chance of playing finals looking remote.

Only positives for me were that the forward line looks much better without Vickery and with Jack playing deep forward. Lloyd is a great pick up and Arnott was good. Don't know what's wrong with Dusty this year...

I'm gonna call it now, I think Dusty cracked the sads when Dimma asked him to be more accountable defensively and from what I've seen of him in one or 2 games is a genuine concern. If we are to take the long term view all players on the ground have to be accountable in that way not just occasionally. I know he's not the only one, but what Dimma is going for quite rightly is an across the ground evenness , as that is what wins premierships...

Ps. For the record we have more concerns than Dusty, I know but in a year or 2 he will be a leader and leaders are expected to be so by example.

Yeah.
He doesn't have a great ball drop.
Still though,reckon some people focus on that and that alone,and just can't get over it.
He took the game on last night. Actually kicked better than normal by taking some risks. That pass to Thomas was brilliant. Then Thomas thought he was Jetta and got run down :p

That needs to be his consistent standard. Not necessarily getting 25+ possies but just the way he used it and took the game on. Carlton he played this way too. Bulldogs/GC not so much.

And some wanted him dropped for the Hawks game:rolleyes:

Funny when you click on Watched Threads and see the last poster highlighted, you know exactly what he is going to say regarding certain players regardless of how they played.

It was $1.01 on the TAB.
Gets pretty tiresome though as you would know.
Goes around and around in circles because the haters sweat on a bad game from their boy and then it's attack time,whilst others try to defend.
Petterd could play the best ten games of all time from here and it wouldn't matter.
I'm going to just try my absolute hardest to stay out of it from now on.

Just watching the hawks game from last year, they seem to turn into butter against us

"I can't believe it's not Butter"....Not sure that will happen this year though...

Some people (I'm one of them) don't like Petterd because he can't kick and will turn the ball over when he comes up against top teams. Morris bad game, another who has poor kicking skills. Thomas to slow, yes he can tackle but that's about it. The tiges need to stick with our draft picks and forget about drafting recycled players, unless we draft quality ones ($$).

:drunk:

05b8051de15b8641f7e5b0b846ae4e0d.jpg
This bloke was at the GC game. Pisser.

It was $1.01 on the TAB.
Gets pretty tiresome though as you would know.
Goes around and around in circles because the haters sweat on a bad game from their boy and then it's attack time,whilst others try to defend.
Petterd could play the best ten games of all time from here and it wouldn't matter.
I'm going to just try my absolute hardest to stay out of it from now on.
He is the new Jacko. It was only 2 seasons ago the same old suspects wanted Hackson delisted... How times have changed.

Some people (I'm one of them) don't like Petterd because he can't kick and will turn the ball over when he comes up against top teams. Morris bad game, another who has poor kicking skills. Thomas to slow, yes he can tackle but that's about it. The tiges need to stick with our draft picks and forget about drafting recycled players, unless we draft quality ones ($$).
Nothing wrong with that at all. It's your opinion.you may well be spot on the money.
I don't think anyone thinks Ricky is a jet or without some pretty serious flaws.
The thing that does my head in is knocking the bloke when he does play well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 4 v Brisbane - Game Discussion and Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back