Preview Rd 5, 2014 - Brisbane Lions v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
jackess, a mayes ing. Leuey was meant to be out for a shorter period in 2012, but we didn't see him again. He has a history of injuries, he is a notoriously slow healer, and by the time round 15 or 16 rolls around I doubt we'll have much to play for.

Hope I'm wrong. Don't think I am.

On the bright side we are getting games into the kids, I just hope it doesn't scar them for life at this stage of their fledgling careers. Richmond aren't travelling that well either so who knows, if we get a sniff early another Easter miracle may happen before our very eyes.

GO LIONS!!

On the bright side we are getting games into the kids, I just hope it doesn't scar them for life at this stage of their fledgling careers. Richmond aren't travelling that well either so who knows, if we get a sniff early another Easter miracle may happen before our very eyes.

GO LIONS!!
Hasn't hurt GWS, they are going to be a juggernaut.

BTW reardo, you stay classy.

So do we play Trent West (hindsight says solid pick up with the injury) as our sole ruck? Or do we bring another in?

jackess, a mayes ing. Leuey was meant to be out for a shorter period in 2012, but we didn't see him again. He has a history of injuries, he is a notoriously slow healer, and by the time round 15 or 16 rolls around I doubt we'll have much to play for.

Hope I'm wrong. Don't think I am.
you cant just refer to an injury 2 years ago and say that the exact same thing will apply. It is a completly different injury. Maybe you are right, maybe you are wrong.

l dont think we would bring in archie, probably more of a fwd/ruck, maybe McGuire. Close's information page says he can ruck a bit.

Didn't Lisle chop Leuey out in the ruck a bit last year? I recall him being pretty average, but he is a decent mark which is something we've really lacked from the ruckmen when we're trying to clear it out of our backline. That's not to say he is an enduring ruck prospect, but I really can't see Goose getting a spot if he didn't last week.

Maguire almost has to play doesn't he? Riewoldt, Vickery and Griffiths can be dangerous and the cupboard is pretty empty at the moment when you look for KPD's. Not sure how close McStay and Gardiner are, the ressies got pumped by Redlands and neither got glowing reports in the wrap up, pretty hard though when the footy just keeps coming at you like that. Interestingly it was noted that Archie had his best game yet and was probably the ressies best, I wonder..................

Maguire almost has to play doesn't he? Riewoldt, Vickery and Griffiths can be dangerous and the cupboard is pretty empty at the moment when you look for KPD's. Not sure how close McStay and Gardiner are, the ressies got pumped by Redlands and neither got glowing reports in the wrap up, pretty hard though when the footy just keeps coming at you like that. Interestingly it was noted that Archie had his best game yet and was probably the ressies best, I wonder..................
If they upgrade him this afternoon he is a lock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't Lisle chop Leuey out in the ruck a bit last year? I recall him being pretty average, but he is a decent mark which is something we've really lacked from the ruckmen when we're trying to clear it out of our backline. That's not to say he is an enduring ruck prospect, but I really can't see Goose getting a spot if he didn't last week.
Only one problem with this Kevvo Leppa prefers Lisle in defensive 50 this year just wondering if Martin is available he's a ruckman that can play forward.

Only one problem with this Kevvo Leppa prefers Lisle in defensive 50 this year just wondering if Martin is available he's a ruckman that can play forward.

Yeah. I was thinking you might drop West back into the defensive 50 to pick up Griffiths while Lisle has a spell in the ruck, but the way things have been going there is probably little scope for a rest down back.

Drinking Little Creatures with acuguy

It would be a privilege for you to have access to this sort of experience.

Unfortunately little creatures pale ale has been wiped from my list of beers. Thinking of splashing out and getting some Feral Brewing beer this week, really stuff up the rest of my drinking season!!

Man, it would be great to win this one- if only to enjoy the reaction of the Richmond fans. Richmond and Carlton back at the bottom of the ladder where they belong would make our current situation seem a little less bleak.
So do we play Trent West (hindsight says solid pick up with the injury) as our sole ruck? Or do we bring another in?
He'll only be up against Hampson, so I think he'll be ok if Lilse/Maguire give him a rest occasionally.

Drinking Little Creatures with acuguy

It would be a privilege for you to have access to this sort of experience.

Unfortunately little creatures pale ale has been wiped from my list of beers. Thinking of splashing out and getting some Feral Brewing beer this week, really stuff up the rest of my drinking season!!
Get on the Tun acu,you know you want to.

30 cans of heavy for 28 bucks, still have traumatic memories of buying a carton of Haagen Beer in 2005, 17 bucks a slab, thought it was my new drink, had one stubby and threw the rest of it away, strange the things we remember! ha

how much longer is stef martin injured for?

is listed as a test again, although he was the same last week, so who knows. Either way he'll most likely have to come back through the 2's given how much he's missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back