Autopsy Rd 5 vs Hawthorn: following this club is astonishingly exhausting

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, my first time posting but I have been following for a while. What a time to start. I have been watching and supporting North since a young boy in the 60s. Not good times when so many of your mates at school followed Collingwood, Carlton and * (I think I have that symbol right.) Really loved the effort today. The Shinboners are back! There will be ups and downs for sure but the path ahead is pretty positive I think.

One downer for the game today. I was in the Medallion Club (a fortunate guest!) on the HF flank as we were attacking in Q2. There was a break in play as the ball was relayed to one of our players for a free. As this was happening, Shaun Atley was on the ground trying to get up and a hawks player trod on him, I think deliberately, prompting Shaun to go after him and look at the umpire. No place for that in the game whoever the player. You know who you are #6.
Welcome to BF Bertie and well done with the bolded, i just heard the prick has been cited :thumbsu:

Love to see the win / loss ratio when Jacobs is playing vs not playing.
2013 played 7 - 3 wins 4 losses
2014 played 14 - 9 wins 5 losses
2015 played 23 - 14 wins 9 losses
2016 played 7 - 7 wins no losses
2018 played 5 - 3 wins 2 losses

Total with North played 56 - 36 wins 20 losses

Hey good call Bertie22 about seeing Sicily stamp on Atley - the cocktopus has been referred straight to the tribunal.

Across the AFL, has it become (or has it always been) as simple as 1 thing; workrate?

Work harder for longer than the opposition and more often than not you will win.

Still need quality. Hard work isn’t getting Brisbane or Carlton anywhere.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

- Browny. Unbelievable in the first half. Thought he was abysmal in the second half. tried his guts out as he does but he looked as slow as a wet week. Nothing to worry about he is a gun but something worth mentioning.

I saw that on telly.

Then since the game I've seen how far he ran - the best part of 16km and further than anyone on the ground.

Last year he was regularly covering high 14km distances this game was 1km more running and I'll bet a fair chunk of it was chasing hawks in the third quarter.

Across the AFL, has it become (or has it always been) as simple as 1 thing; workrate?

Work harder for longer than the opposition and more often than not you will win.

Its always been that way hasn't it?

NORTH MELBOURNE v HAWTHORN
10 Cunnington (NM)
6 Jacobs (NM)
5 Breust (Haw)
4 Goldstein (NM)
4 Tarrant (NM)
1 Brown (NM)
Wow. Only 4 votes for Tarrant. Great to see BJ get some recognition though (from both coaches).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just quietly........................isn't Jaeger O'Meara a steaming pile of dogshit?

18 disposals @ 56% DE and 1 clearance.
He tried to play the tough guy on the wing at one point until Cunners walked towards him.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He tried to play the tough guy on the wing at one point until Cunners walked towards him.

Yeah, I remember mentioning to someone at the time that he had picked the wrong bloke.

Yeah, I remember mentioning to someone at the time that he had picked the wrong bloke.
I have someone to get back to on Twitter in a few years on Jaeger.

Anyway at the time when they signed him I was getting physio from a couple of different physios. So I tohught I'd just ask the question in case they were familiar with his knee condition. Both said, and no bias since they didn't follow teams in the AFL but knew what his issue was from afar, that he'll never be the same and good probability of breaking down again. We'll see what happens but looks like the former might be the scenario with a possibility of the latter.

I think was just too much a gamble for one player.

Cunners is seriously scary dude, most opposition players have learnt not to cross him.

2013 played 7 - 3 wins 4 losses
2014 played 14 - 9 wins 5 losses
2015 played 23 - 14 wins 9 losses
2016 played 7 - 7 wins no losses
2018 played 5 - 3 wins 2 losses

Total with North played 56 - 36 wins 20 losses
Thanks for that..interesting stats..for mine one of our most important players. Sammys another. When he gets back we will be significantly better. And EVW looks to have that measured approach to his footy as well. Rate EVW ahead of LMac as a backman....by some distance

Wow. Only 4 votes for Tarrant. Great to see BJ get some recognition though (from both coaches).

Scott
5. Cunnington
4. Tarrant
3. Jacobs
2. Goldstein
1. Bruest

Clarko
5. Cunnington
4. Bruest
3. Jacobs
2. Goldstein
1. Brown

Classic clarko

Good to see that they both recognized Todd's influence.

Clarko made mention of him and cunners in his presser.

Clearly clarko rates him, they always go after him as evidence on Sunday with Shiels smashing into him at every contest

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 5 vs Hawthorn: following this club is astonishingly exhausting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back