Autopsy Rd 8: Dogs battle bravely and come up just short against Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Centre half forward is a key position role. You mean centre half forward yeah?

I missed a lot of today’s game, so can’t comment on what Vanders did or didn’t do. He’s not the only one that can underperform and make poor decisions. Can say that about almost all players that have played a game in 24. Can’t say they all shouldn’t be getting games.

As a whole, Vanders last few weeks have been pretty good. A few others needed the boot before him.

VDM made some crucial mistakes tonight, he kicked a few goals, he was not the reason for the lost but those few critical errors were at crucial times when they had the momentum

If we were any good, JJ wouldn’t be getting games. Jesus he puts in some shockers. Yes he’s soft, everybody knows that. But it’s his constant desire to ask for hands off while running on his very non-dominant left side that makes me want to cut my balls off.

Our kick-ins are ****ed and somehow getting worse.

JJ has had poor games before where he has been quiet and hasn't impacted. But today he was an absolute liabilty with the ball. He looked sluggish and constantly turned the ball over, under pressure or under no pressure. It was a bewildering performance by a senior player of his callibre.

He wasn't the reason we lost but that had to be one of the worst debuts from Clarke that I have seen from a young player in many years. He looked like he had lead in his boots and just panicked whenever he got the ball. Hope he gets another chance next week to try and redeem himself. Clearly nerves got the better of him.

He was a major reason we lost. Be honest, please.

Khamis, JOD falling over themselves, JJ kicking out 15 meters with a turnover resulting in a goal, Richards on the 1/2 forward line. Poor player rotations, Bont benched with minutes to go

There were plenty of reasons, VDM isn’t up to it but just a part of the bigger issue

Interesting move

Early this year Marra was the solo forward while Naughton played up the ground

It worked like a charm

Tonight, Marra couldn't get near it due to having too many talls around him

Plus no one honour the lead so all high "go mark it" kicks on the head

Our forward line issues have to be coaching. The major thing we lack up there is selflessness. Our talls continue to run to a spot even though their teammate is there and likely to mark. The amount of time we fail to get separation or half lead and then double back into the space so no one else can lead to there. Weightman flying over talls.

Either coaches are not showing vision of this in reviews and teaching or they are showing it and the players are ignoring it and we refuse to drop them.

So many times our high defenders zoned and defended space inside the defensive 50 whilst the ball was at 70m for an uncontested entry from a mark or free. Should clearly be the mids working back to cover space not the high defenders to literally let their opponent run 20m goal side of them.

Defensive transition is terrible we can’t defend opposition moving the ball from deep in our forward line to their forward line. Whether it be uncontested marking transition or fast handball transition we get cut up every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JJ has had poor games before where he has been quiet and hasn't impacted. But today he was an absolute liabilty with the ball. He looked sluggish and constantly turned the ball over, under pressure or under no pressure. It was a bewildering performance by a senior player of his callibre.

That turnover from the kick out was unforgivable

Interesting move

Early this year Marra was the solo forward while Naughton played up the ground

It worked like a charm

Tonight, Marra couldn't get near it due to having too many talls around him

Plus no one honour the lead so all high "go mark it" kicks on the head
Normally flea plays as the deepest forward. I would've thought that we'd roll Clarke into that position rather then leave Naughton and Jamarra as the only forwards whilst VDM becomes a sudo-wing and Garcia and Clarke caught in no man's land.

Sadly nothing surprising today.

Time for some VFL time for Buku and JOD. Buss and Keath obvious replacements.

Other than that there were quite a few disappointing players. JJ was shocking Clarke very poor on debut but appeared to be playing to high, Williams bog ordinary again, Baker well was Baker, VDM mmmmm.

Not sure what we can get out of this year now.

Not just Bev needs to go we need to improve our development.

There is a good base to work from, but new leadership and direction is required to get netter development and the most from the group

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fortunately you have a bye and an easy four points this week.
We will give you another MCG win, where you play best. Freo are a better side for sure, they were due a win vs you.

If we can lose to Hawks we can lose to anybody and I think Richmond match up far better on teams than a bottom 2 Hawks side missing its two key forwards.

Other than that there were quite a few disappointing players. JJ was shocking Clarke very poor on debut but appeared to be playing to high, Williams bog ordinary again, Baker well was Baker, VDM mmmmm.

There is a good base to work from, but new leadership and direction is required to get netter development and the most from the group

Gardner and Keath are definitely not the answer.

Bit tough on Baker , I thought he made a good contribution.

We will give you another MCG win, where you play best. Freo are a better side for sure, they were due a win vs you.

If we can lose to Hawks we can lose to anybody and I think Richmond match up far better on most teams than a bottom 2 Hawks side missing its two key forwards.
Appreciate the sentiments scray.
I really do.
But I have never seen us so meek and terrible.
If you guys lose this week then I’ll be astonished and I’ll help you walk bevo out the door.
We ain’t winning again for a while I think.

What sick prick listened to the presser?

Searching to find where we sit in the competition.

If your off slightly any team can get you, is such the evenness of the competition. Was asked about 3 of the last 10 being losses to West Coast and hawks twice. Repeated evenness if competition.

24 defensive half turnovers for 8 goals 4 behinds was the game.

Bulldogs fans would be happy with how we play some times but not so much other times.

We have a good mix of experience and youth.

Everyone the club is on the same page. He has thick skin and the media will create their narrative.

Concerns with Libba stumbling in the middle again after only doing it a couple weeks ago but hasn’t been given an update yet. Will take a cautious approach.

From the brief
Dogs supporters are happy when we play a certain way and would be happy with us scoring 90 odd today, we work on the balance between the two phases of the game and gaining momentum and halting it, we searching to get it right on game day

How come JUH can’t get any flexibility in his game and play another position.

Everyone bangs on about Naughton, least he’s contributing to others scoring opportunity’s. If Marra isn’t kicking goals he’s not really helping in other facets.

Personally Marras the one who should be helping out in other roles if it’s not working out up forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 8: Dogs battle bravely and come up just short against Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back