Rd 8 v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Dermott Franklin

Senior List
Mar 28, 2008
under your bed!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know it's a little premature considering the break but the Power are on the hop and did snatch it from us in Tassie last time.
I'm fully confident of the win as the Hawks will be seeking revenge as well as maintaining a perfect Tassie record in 08 (But i said the same thing after North beat us in Tassie, but we still lost to Port:eek:)
But does having two weeks to study a stratagy to beat us give them a better chance??
They will certainly have the mentality that they can beat us.
I know we're a better side than last year yada yada, but you never know when we could drop one and having the break in our run could be the reason?
Thoughts.

The power aren't on the hop, they've beaten west coast, saints and essendon. Except for the Saints (the only ok side in those 3) Hardly anything to be proud of this year..

In Tassie - 50pts.

To be honest I just want to win :)

A win in Tassie will take us to the G looking to go 9-0 and quite possibly top of the ladder if the Tigers can get remotely close to Geelong :thumbsu:

9-0 would be nice and then we see the doggies in tassie, will be a huge game, cant wait for that one

Look let's just completely f*** them up. I watched the Tassie game last year with a bunch of Port mates, and almost cried when Ebert kicked that goal.

All the boys are coming around to watch the game, and nothing would make me happier than to see Port flogged.

Should be close though.

Compiled a list of points to challenge us for the rest of the season

8 Pt Adelaide Aurora Stadium Sat, 17 May 2:10 PM
-- they have beaten us so often down there
9 Melbourne Melbourne Cricket Ground Sun, 25 May 2:10 PM
-- can we avoid complacency
10 Western Bulldogs Aurora Stadium Sat, 31 May 2:10 PM
-- they can be a bit too smart and quick for us
11 Essendon Telstra Dome Sat, 7 Jun 7:10 PM
-- maintain the range
12 Adelaide Melbourne Cricket Ground Sat, 14 Jun 7:10 PM
-- maintaining hunger after 11 in a row
13 Kangaroos Melbourne Cricket Ground Sat, 21 Jun 2:10 PM
-- They think they should have beaten us
14 West Coast Melbourne Cricket Ground Fri, 27 Jun 7:40 PM
-- God knows -hard to maintain focus AWAY frm upcoming Geelong game
15 Sydney Melbourne Cricket Ground Sun, 13 Jul 1:10 PM
--- Our bogey team (and bet spider don't annoy him into good form !
16 St Kilda Telstra Dome Sat, 19 Jul 7:10 PM
-- the flooding Jibe
17 Geelong Melbourne Cricket Ground Fri, 25 Jul 7:40 PM
-- Its the Pussies at last !!
18 Collingwood Melbourne Cricket Ground Fri, 1 Aug 7:40 PM
-- Backing up after Geelong
19 Brisbane Lions Aurora Stadium Sat, 9 Aug 2:10 PM
-- No sweat they'll be disgused as fitzroy again and get a hammering
20 TeamRichmond Melbourne Cricket Ground Sun, 17 Aug 1:10 PM
21 West Coast Subiaco Oval Sun, 24 Aug 2:40 PM

Real danger game - compacency will be set in
22 Carlton Telstra Dome Sat, 30 Aug 7:10 PM

-- twill be hard not to laff our butts off !!

Compiled a list of points to challenge us for the rest of the season

12 Adelaide Melbourne Cricket Ground Sat, 14 Jun 7:10 PM
-- maintaining hunger after 11 in a row

This game is at AAMI not the MCG:thumbsu:

my obvious misconception about hawk supporters being nice and mature about the game we love has come about from reading your board for the first time.

shall be a good game i would think and we may just happen to give you your first loss for the season. no doubt you guys are hot atm i just hope you dont burn out later on because you are a deserving side.

good luck!

The power aren't on the hop, they've beaten west coast, saints and essendon. Except for the Saints (the only ok side in those 3) Hardly anything to be proud of this year..

In Tassie - 50pts.

Port are a very good team, they had games that they should have won. The game vs Geelong was all theirs if it wasnt for Motlop missing easy goals. The Brisbane game was a once in a life time comeback, the only game they lost comfortably and didnt deserve to win was the Sydney game. Trust me this team is good, and its getting better.

Tredrae is finding some form, he is not the same player as last year. Ebert worked him self into the game last week which is a worry because we know how dangerous he is. Let Motlop mark the football and take a set shot and we can bet he wont walk away with a goal. Westhoff is starting to find the ball around the park rather then being relied on as a genuine scoring option.

Their defence is young, developing and underated. Chaplin probably played a career best game last week, he is a very good defender who reads the play well. You have Alipate Carlile who is their monster defender, has good pace, doesnt mind rebounding and likes the hard stuff. He will be a match up on Roughie. And you have Petigrew a versatile defender with great pace but has even done run with jobs on Cameron Bruce, he will most likely get first crack on Buddy.

We all know how good their midfield is, but throw in the development of Salopek and Boak, and theyve added 2 very good mids into their already great rotation. Plus Rodan will cause some headaches.

I am not prepared to whipe this team off, I have watched them every week and they are a good team who just couldnt get over the line or close out games. Their win over Essendon and Saints has sparked them into gear and they will look good against us.

LOL at dermott franklin, but yeh,... some around these parts....

anyway, to the topic at hand, apparently we'll have our "heart & soul" back - wilson to add a bit of extra grunt in the middle whilst cornes is absent, so there's a bit of good news.

we'll go to tasmania full of confidence, we travel well & i reckon this one's going to be another beauty - not at all overawed by the hawks - this one is winnable!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL at dermott franklin, but yeh,... some around these parts....

anyway, to the topic at hand, apparently we'll have our "heart & soul" back - wilson to add a bit of extra grunt in the middle whilst cornes is absent, so there's a bit of good news.

we'll go to tasmania full of confidence, we travel well & i reckon this one's going to be another beauty - not at all overawed by the hawks - this one is winnable!

Nathan Brown said that about the hawks last week :thumbsu:

But yes, it's good for the hawks to keep coming up against teams that are on the rise.

-Richmond were up after drawing with the unbeaten bulldogs.
-North thought they had us covered
-Port are returning to form
-Brisbane had just had their best comeback ever
-We had to play Freo over at Subi.
-Collingwood had just had a HUGE win against the bombers after losing a game they thought they should have won against the Kangas.

At no stage have we been in danger of thinking we've got an easy one.

In Tassie - 50pts.

Thankyou i'm not the only one who has realised port haven't played a decent opponent yet. I went to the richmond v stkilda game and not only do stkilda play the most slow-moving boring style of footy and only score when richmond stuffed up, but they shouldn't have even won, and look what we did to richmond had've we kicked straight.
port are rubbish

To be honest I just want to win :)

A win in Tassie will take us to the G looking to go 9-0 and quite possibly top of the ladder if the Tigers can get remotely close to Geelong :thumbsu:

tigers getting remotely close to geelong?

I KNOW IT SOUNDS STUPID BUT I TIPPED RICHMOND OVER GEELONG! It isn't just because of what the papaer writes (about Geelong being out of form). Well it is about Geelong being out of form (they still play good) but it's also about Richmond - they are playing great footy.

(Here comes the posts saying
'i agree, richmond will stick with them but a win over geelong? not a chance!')

Just noticed. I was thinking about the Hawks-Port game last week. I was liking our chances when Cornes broke his finger (even though our chances are already pretty good).

But now that Hodgey has done his hammy it evens out.

Wondering about STUEY DEW too! First game against his former side... ooo...

Thankyou i'm not the only one who has realised port haven't played a decent opponent yet. I went to the richmond v stkilda game and not only do stkilda play the most slow-moving boring style of footy and only score when richmond stuffed up, but they shouldn't have even won, and look what we did to richmond had've we kicked straight.
port are rubbish

We have played 1st, 4th, 5th,6th
Geelong (2007 premiers 9pt loss), Sydney (We played them just as Barry Hall came into form and he kicked 4 if i remember correctly, we played shit house), Adelaide (should of been a draw, 5-2, pretty crap hey :rolleyes:) st kilda (beat them comfortably 4-3 5th on the ladder).

Haven't played a decent team have we :rolleyes:

We have the hardest run out of any team in the afl.:eek:

Lets talk in 2 weeks mate. :thumbsu:

tigers getting remotely close to geelong?

I KNOW IT SOUNDS STUPID BUT I TIPPED RICHMOND OVER GEELONG! It isn't just because of what the papaer writes (about Geelong being out of form). Well it is about Geelong being out of form (they still play good) but it's also about Richmond - they are playing great footy.

(Here comes the posts saying
'i agree, richmond will stick with them but a win over geelong? not a chance!')

Ive already tipped against the Cats twice and been burnt - until they lose or play the Hawks I will be tipping them.

Same with the Dogs, will not pick against any of the top 3 (barring games between them of course) until one of them gives me a reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 8 v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back