Game Day Rd 9 - Brisbane v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisle did nothing, except forlast5 mins when everyone shagged.
and forced young Michael into ruck.
lets be honest and admit that Lester seemed to struggle.
Docherty also not yet.
very clear for me:
out.... Michael, Lisle, Lester, Docherty
in.... Clarke, Maguire, Karnezis, Banfield
Lester just for a rest.

Too many changes IMO. Lester and Docherty did struggle at times but the ball spent a lot of time in carltons forward line. They tried hard but they were under siege often. I think we need to back our kids and give them more game time if we can. :thumbsu:

My daughters favourite book is "Who sank the boat?" In the end, it was the mouse who sank it. I am going to change the ending to "Michael Voss & Jed Adcock sank it". When she asks why, i can tell her that it wasn't that small amount of weight that eventually sank it, "BUT THE WORST COACH & CAPTAIN PARTNERSHIP IN AFL HISTORY, that sank the Lions boat".
LOL - 1 post in 5 months i smell a rat not a mouse

My daughters favourite book is "Who sank the boat?" In the end, it was the mouse who sank it. I am going to change the ending to "Michael Voss & Jed Adcock sank it". When she asks why, i can tell her that it wasn't that small amount of weight that eventually sank it, "BUT THE WORST COACH & CAPTAIN PARTNERSHIP IN AFL HISTORY, that sank the Lions boat".
You've been cooked re: the last part. Harsh comment and completely unjustified. The whole team should be accountable not two people.

Who would have been the other captain? Rockliff, because he wasn't great tonight.

Patfull was the one who really dudded it up tonight. Waite is the only forward they've got and he refused to play a defensive role on him. Poor
Agree, he was playing as though he was still 3rd tall. He had to realise he had more responsibility being the main defender tonight. It was aweful watching him play 20-30m off Waite and sometimes not even watching his opponent at all. Should have at least played a metre off and provide a contest!

Bad call Hutchy. Ignorant call. Hasn't got a ****ing clue about the game call.

[/Footy Classified]

Clarke back in for Michael probably would have made a difference tonight. Michael had 4 possessions and no influence on the game.

His opponent didn't do much either.

Frustrated! Adcock and Patfull are leaders, I am generally a fan of both but there were some poor decisions made by both off the ball that killed us. There were poor decisions all over the place. If not for those it would have been a different story. I am sick of looking good, being in it and then undone by utterly stupid decisions. This is not a maturity issue, it is where is your ^%**(&^ head at issue. As I stated, frustrated.

As an aside, I do not usually comment on umpiring but when Tony Shaw is saying "where are the frees for brisbane" (or something to that effect), you know something is going seriously wrong.

bit harsh on Joel, undersized, Shaw's call for Staker to go on him was correct!

Staker would've just got pushed out of every contest. Shaw had no idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very wasteful infront of goal. We've certainly turned a corner compared to our first month, that game was a 50/50 game for us, unfortunately we looked fairly flat and lazy at times. 3rd quarter killed us. Tom Rockliff hasn't been great infront of goal all year. Missed a lot v essendon last week and missed a crucial shot after half time. Think we lacked a bit of polish tonight, when Merrett and Rich retrn we will be a better side. We'll have to re structure for next week, Waite killed us tonight and Cloke is a far better player than Waite. Clarke in will help, we need to go all out into the bye.

Wow, v poor first post, you take an unwarranted shot at the club and also misconstrue the point of a book that your daughter understands. Ultimately everyone is responsible.

Clarke back in for Michael probably would have made a difference tonight. Michael had 4 possessions and no influence on the game.

As a couple of others alluded to, he was brought in to counteract the resting ruckmen in the forward line. For his debut. To play in a position in which I don't think he's played this year in the reserves. Kreuzer and Warnock had three behinds between them.

Cut him a little slack.

Frustrated! Adcock and Patfull are leaders, I am generally a fan of both but there were some poor decisions made by both off the ball that killed us. There were poor decisions all over the place. If not for those it would have been a different story. I am sick of looking good, being in it and then undone by utterly stupid decisions. This is not a maturity issue, it is where is your ^%**(&^ head at issue. As I stated, frustrated.

As an aside, I do not usually comment on umpiring but when Tony Shaw is saying "where are the frees for brisbane" (or something to that effect), you know something is going seriously wrong.
Give Patfull a bit of slack, he was trying to hold the backline together.
Merrett should be feeling a little bit guilty now.
OK , aggression is good but not when it means 3 weeks out.

Lisle ?????? Thoughts , sorry but if you lot hang ace out to dry it's time to get the pegs out on him

We were just too inconsistent , too many out of defence no pressure till the ball gets past half way every game

Neither did our lad in Kreuzer though to be fair and Michael got in some decent spoils. Of course with some better kicking at goal Kreuzer could have had 2 or 3 goals to his name, but bad kicking is bad football and all that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back