Preview Rd7 Carlton v St.Kilda Monday 14th May 7.40pm @ Etihad - Final Team - post #282

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rd. 7 St.Kilda v Carlton Monday 14th. May 7.40pm @ Etihad

That's not a bad point TP.
As good a player as Goddard is, who can get under his skin if you niggle him from start to finish.

Gibbs has done the job on Goddard before, and I dare say he'll get that job again.
Gibss in the FWD 50...yes please!

Final Team selection :-

In - Judd, Waite, Curnow

Out - Bootsma, Lucas, Thornotn

https://twitter.com/#!/Carlton_FC

@Carlton_FC
SELECTION NEWS: IN - C.Judd, @jarradwaite & E.Curnow OUT - J.Bootsma, @kanelucas9 & B.Thornton. #IAMCARLTON

Carlton

B: Aaron Joseph, Lachlan Henderson, Michael Jamison
HB: Zach Tuohy, Nick Duigan, Jordan Russell
C: Kade Simpson, Bryce Gibbs, Heath Scotland
HF: Andrew Walker, Jarrad Waite, Mitch Robinson
F: Jeffrey Garlett, Shaun Hampson, Eddie Betts

Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Marc Murphy, Chris Judd

I/C: Paul Bower, Dennis Armfield, David Ellard, Edward Curnow

Ellard is lucky to be named instead of Sugar. Not sure that we really need three defensive types in Joseph, Ellard and Armfield.

St K:

Geary into 18 for Fisher.

Ray, Wilkes in for Fisher, Polo.

Em: Polo, Cripps, Ledger.

Might be a 'hardness' thing...

Ellard is lucky to be named instead of Sugar. Not sure that we really need three defensive types in Joseph, Ellard and Armfield.

I was concerned that he may miss and understand why he has.
Best he get a full game at VFL than to be the sub again. Hope to see him back sooner than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucas will be back.

Having depth means nothing if the positions aren't up for grabs. Lucas hasn't been bad but Ellard deserves a call up. Good form on the track and in the resies has to be honoured otherwise you can kill the drive and desire of the players on the outer.

Would love to see Lucas go and carve the VFL up and develop his game even further.

Go blues

I think it is a big mistake we drop Bret Thornton. St Kilda been a bogey side at times the last 5 years, Thornton always needed when we need some cool heads when the game close. I do not think Ratten rate him, I knew he be one of the players omitted even if he was near best on ground. I think Duigan needs to go if he performs poorly, his been getting games on the back of last year and has not deserved any this year so far.

I think it is a big mistake we drop Bret Thornton. St Kilda been a bogey side at times the last 5 years, Thornton always needed when we need some cool heads when the game close. I do not think Ratten rate him, I knew he be one of the players omitted even if he was near best on ground. I think Duigan needs to go if he performs poorly, his been getting games on the back of last year and has not deserved any this year so far.

Don't know whether bogey side is the right term for the saints.

I may have missed Marngrook Footy Show (my recording stuffed up), as a result Ive missed Kade Simpsons appearance. My apologies.

I watched that show for 3 weeks it has to be the most Amateur footy show I have ever seen on TV. The Gilbert McAdam made me laugh how sillly he was saying Carlton will lose the first 3weeks although he try to be funny. They even have some Woman doing the news? Ronnie Burns on it was ridiculous and Alan Thorpe lol surely they could have someone like Chris Lewis, Peter Matera, Andrew Mcleod, Gavin Wanganeen on it. Chris Johnson was the only good one. Grant Hansen needs to clean out the others.

Nah Lucas deserves to be dropped, has been very average all season. Think we all expected him to be doing a lot more, being sub so many times hasn't helped.

He'll be better for a week or two in the VFL.
Wrong he was very good early but has dropped a lot the last 3 weeks, your thinking of maybe Duigan.

Personally staggered that Ellard remains in the side with Judd and Curnow coming back. I thought he was very close to our worst player last week and I thought he would be the first out, Bootsma included

Not sure that we really need three defensive types in Joseph, Ellard and Armfield.

It depends if they're still playing the Ross Lyon way or not. ;)

We did well when Fremantle went ultra-defensive, it was counter-productive for them.

Personally staggered that Ellard remains in the side with Judd and Curnow coming back. I thought he was very close to our worst player last week and I thought he would be the first out, Bootsma included

I had similar thoughts, but also can't be that surprised with the omissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back