RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few guys getting ruffled over blokes wanting to play ressies for fun. There are some quality players who just aren't interested in senior footy and it's gone down the wrong way. Lancefield had 14 on the ground last Saturday, so if more blokes walk there might be some last-minute transfers from players looking to get a game wherever they can. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.
Reserves coach Mark Godbolt has stepped down, committee trying to change his mind.
Two blokes told if they won't play in the seniors they won't play at all.
Interesting to see what happens today.

Just a few guys getting ruffled over blokes wanting to play ressies for fun. There are some quality players who just aren't interested in senior footy and it's gone down the wrong way. Lancefield had 14 on the ground last Saturday, so if more blokes walk there might be some last-minute transfers from players looking to get a game wherever they can. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.

With the proud club like lancefield don't here a lot of positives coming out of there! Seems like it's locals against the new players brought in not good signs! If they don't want to play seniors then don't see the problem let them play 2s at least they are going to get a full 2s side instead of having 14

With the proud club like lancefield don't here a lot of positives coming out of there! Seems like it's locals against the new players brought in not good signs! If they don't want to play seniors then don't see the problem let them play 2s at least they are going to get a full 2s side instead of having 14

Two words "Ash Manning"... Ask any EDFL supporter their opinion of him and you'll get he's a plague for your club with his coaching philosophy to bring in a mere whole side of recruits. Doesn't give the exisiting locals a chance to put a case forward. The interesting contrast is they selected Digby Morel who couldn't get out his contract at Coburg Districts, however he won the job on an understanding of bringing a few recruits in, enticing past players back but building on the foundations and harnessing what he had to work with.

Yet Manning has done the complete opposite and chosen to play 35-40 year olds looking at SportingPulse's lists over some of the locals. Committee and Senior coach are the ones that need to be reviewed at years end if this year is deemed a failure. What was everyone's expectation of them this year?

I agree.
Apparently they let be known at the start of the year they only want to pay in the seconds. They are busy with work, only train when they can.

Two words "Ash Manning"... Ask any EDFL supporter their opinion of him and you'll get he's a plague for your club with his coaching philosophy to bring in a mere whole side of recruits. Doesn't give the exisiting locals a chance to put a case forward. The interesting contrast is they selected Digby Morel who couldn't get out his contract at Coburg Districts, however he won the job on an understanding of bringing a few recruits in, enticing past players back but building on the foundations and harnessing what he had to work with.

Yet Manning has done the complete opposite and chosen to play 35-40 year olds looking at SportingPulse's lists over some of the locals. Committee and Senior coach are the ones that need to be reviewed at years end if this year is deemed a failure. What was everyone's expectation of them this year?

I'm not sure what's the issue either with certain players playing reserves if they told the club up front. Some clubs would welcome a small number of mates who just want to play reserves.

I don't know Ash but have been hearing some bad reports out of our league EDFL.

I'm not sure about where your going with Digby Morrel has he has never coached Coburg Districts but is highly rated. Probably not good to compare Ash with Digby as Digby is highly rated and coaches higher divisions than Ash.
Agree Digby does work with development of players and most of Ash's players are post 30..

I'm not sure what's the issue either with certain players playing reserves if they told the club up front. Some clubs would welcome a small number of mates who just want to play reserves.

I don't know Ash but have been hearing some bad reports out of our league EDFL.

I'm not sure about where your going with Digby Morrel has he has never coached Coburg Districts but is highly rated. Probably not good to compare Ash with Digby as Digby is highly rated and coaches higher divisions than Ash.
Agree Digby does work with development of players and most of Ash's players are post 30..
Sorry mate your correct always get the two confused. Guess the point I'm making is that they needed a coach to develop their young group and they've chosen a mercenary coach with a quick fix. The two are chalk and cheese in their ambitions and coaching philosophies so just not sure how Lancefield coach selection panel could view the two so similar and get it so wrong.

Sorry mate your correct always get the two confused. Guess the point I'm making is that they needed a coach to develop their young group and they've chosen a mercenary coach with a quick fix. The two are chalk and cheese in their ambitions and coaching philosophies so just not sure how Lancefield coach selection panel could view the two so similar and get it so wrong.

No worries mate all good. So did they both apply for the job at Ash got it? If that's what your saying then your right they appointed the wrong bloke but might be other considerations like how much money they had to spend. I'm guessing Digby would want more than Ash to coach as well as the players he would bring over.

Anyway all the best mate with your team. Good chatting as always.

What's wrong at Rockbank? Getting flogged by a battling Woodend at home isn't good.
Surely after another big loss Sporle or a few of the players will be seriously looked at, obviously one isnt working, Yes they have lost a lot of good players, and the 2 coaches walking from the club after a successful year in 2014. But from what i see they are spending a little more and recruited some spuds, sporle and rich must not have a good game plan or the players are not listening.

Go
Surely after another big loss Sporle or a few of the players will be seriously looked at, obviously one isnt working, Yes they have lost a lot of good players, and the 2 coaches walking from the club after a successful year in 2014. But from what i see they are spending a little more and recruited some spuds, sporle and rich must not have a good game plan or the players are not listening.
Top points! Perhaps Gavin is better off not coaching, he is good for the league and around the club. In my opinion a senior coach should of at least played 1-3 yrs of consistent senior football at a good standard. Rich is not that good either by all reports so the buck stops with them. Lynchie should of kept coaching and the club should of done all they could to keep him there. Backwards shit gets backwards results!

Reserves coach Mark Godbolt has stepped down, committee trying to change his mind.

Think Mark was pushed, and the fallout has caused the committee to try to get him back. 2 Lancefield players have already signed clearances to Romsey, and there could be more to follow. 6 Lancefield boys trained at Romsey Thursday night......more to come.

Broadfords "money man" could be gone before the success begins......his house is up for auction in only a few weeks!!

Think Mark was pushed, and the fallout has caused the committee to try to get him back. 2 Lancefield players have already signed clearances to Romsey, and there could be more to follow. 6 Lancefield boys trained at Romsey Thursday night......more to come.

Broadfords "money man" could be gone before the success begins......his house is up for auction in only a few weeks!!
League may deny clearances if numbers are short at lance field
As for the second part Lol now that's funny

You can't move between clubs in the same league after 30th May or is that rule only in the EDFL? Interested to find out..

Yeah his buying a bigger house.. Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rest my case

Wouldn't expect anything less from you 'Keston' foolish words from a fool. I have a better merger idea for you one involves my foot and the other any part of your anatomy of your choice.

as for my comment it was a bit of light banter if your that pissed off and for why who knows bring that boot and I'll bend over for ya
:cry::cry:
Seriously Peter if that comment pisses you off life must be tough

Last edited:
Anyone from Romsey tell us if these players have been training, if so hand over the flag now, Macedon on a good day might take em, sunbury could push and diggers but i cant see them droping a game.
Keston, i think there should be a few mergers in the league, but non of the clubs already here to join each other, Maybe woodend/trentham ... Lancefield/tooborac....rockbank/eynesbury, i can see a few of these clubs not placing better than bottom for how many years, or worse folding.

Keston you have been the biggest fool on this thread.
Justified Wtf I've been to a couple of Broadford games this season and let me tell you straight, your not the saviour it's been a collective by a few others too. So stop blowing your own trumpet because a few have had enough.

my mob ravaged by injuries so they're more than welcome to come to Yea we got 4 home games and trips to Alex/Thornton the next 6 weeks :D

KESTON I feel dumber for reading this!!!
My 6yr old daughter can do better than this...... We we ...haha

Keston

Let me tell you my friend we We that is as a club have built the direction we are heading in but dicks like yourself make us people who love the game contribute thousands and many hours wonder when flogs like yourself comment like you have bother as a good friend dean Bourke said these guys are farked Why waste your time if this is how it is he found out first hand

KESTON I feel dumber for reading this!!!
My 6yr old daughter can do better than this...... We we ...haha

Keston

Let me tell you my friend we We that is as a club have built the direction we are heading in but dicks like yourself make us people who love the game contribute thousands and many hours wonder when flogs like yourself comment like you have bother as a good friend dean Bourke said these guys are farked Why waste your time if this is how it is he found out first hand
Your a typical **** head that hides behind a name on a site like this and only has negative shit to put out if you got somthing to say come pay me a visit and say it this is why so many coaches and people involved stay away from these sights :cry::cry:

As they say associate with dicks and you become one so its time to self ban again
And turbo roota Chris the ledge doona and others that use this sight for a positive forum its to bad idiots like this twit keep on spoiling it with so much negative crap and personal attacks instead of positive discussion.
Sad
Good luck lads for the rest of the year keep on punching

Last edited:

I find Ash to be an amazing coach and a great guy off the field .. for anyone that has watched the Tigers play this year, they have seen that they are playing an exciting and competitive brand of football. I really enjoy watching them play, hence why we've covered many of their games. We've broadcast next to Ash a number of times and I find his coaching to be instructive and important to bringing that success.
He is in a hard position because clubs do get measured by the success of the Senior team.. if the numbers on the track were greater each night ... the team could be more successful.. they played Riddell a few weeks ago and were the better team on the day, they also pushed Diggers Rest.. so they can run with the best.. now with what's happened with the Reserves, I'm not sure.. but I've spent a lot of time with Ash and I couldn't speak highly of him.. if he had the commitment of the cattle during the week, the team was winning more games.. the success would appeal to more players from the outside and provide a greater advertisement to bringing in more juniors and senior players.. the Tigers are capable of playing finals.. and when they do get there.. expect more players to come to the club..

Your a typical **** head that hides behind a name on a site like this and only has negative shit to put out if you got somthing to say come pay me a visit and say it this is why so many coaches and people involved stay away from these sights :cry::cry:

As they say associate with dicks and you become one so its time to self ban again
And turbo roota Chris the ledge doona and others that use this sight for a positive forum its to bad idiots like this twit keep on spoiling it with so much negative crap and personal attacks instead of positive discussion.
Sad
Good luck lads for the rest of the year keep on punching
How long will this self ban last ?
How many times have you said this same thing this season ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back