RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitness was the problem, although I believe an extended cricket season may have been responsible. My other problem I have is where would his position be in that U21 team? His height may not be up to it when you look at the other players in the forward line, and he doesn't have that raw pace to be a small forward. Certainly has plenty of talent though!

Played Reserves 2 weeks ago and got best on and then was promoted to the Seniors last weekend?

AFL Victoria (and therefore all affiliated clubs and associations) have brought in the 16 week rule (referred to as the deregistration policy - refer the AFL Victoria site for the policy http://www.aflvic.com.au/index.php?id=8 - this is to stop serial offenders. The new transfer rules also ensure that a player's history follows when he/she moves clubs and leagues.

As an affiliated association, the RDFL has this rule but with the override that the player's history commences from (I think) 2 years ago so everyone started with a clean slate.

Hope this helps ....:)

Some big news up our way today!!

If james is found guilty he is finished. The 15 weeks he got in the RDFL have come to the KDFL with him.

Bad news for the big man who is up on 2 chargers.

Good news for every full back in Australia.

Matt Nicholls, surely you cant still be predicting Kilmore to make GF?

Not at this stage, but I wouldn't write them off. There is only one certain team - Riddell. Any of the other five sides that make finals would be a chance. I've actually had a wager on Romsey to win tomorrow, so not confident they'll beat the Redbacks. I expect Kilmore to play some really good footy after their two-week break (bye then Queen's Birthday weekend). But whether they can perform well enough in finals is another thing.

Rumours of struggling EDFL Club Jacana returning to RDFL in 09 if not defunct by then. What does everyone think?

Not at this stage, but I wouldn't write them off. There is only one certain team - Riddell. Any of the other five sides that make finals would be a chance. I've actually had a wager on Romsey to win tomorrow, so not confident they'll beat the Redbacks. I expect Kilmore to play some really good footy after their two-week break (bye then Queen's Birthday weekend). But whether they can perform well enough in finals is another thing.

It's true Matt, someone told me you don't know what day it is. Romsey playing tomorrow should be interesting, does kilmore know they're starting a day early.

has anyone found that westeast sides from the weekends record. Pickles surely you could find it. what's the news for this weeks game, suspensions, injuries, predictions and plyers match-ups?

Old teams of the RDFL

Sunbury lions
Melton bloods
Melton south
Darley
Trentham
Broadford

Gisborne
Craigieburn
Broadmedows Unt\Jacana
Mombba park
Nth fawkner or Fawkner park
Whittlesea or Nrth Eagles

Sunbury west early 1980's
Hesket

I know Gladstone park had juniors

Help my list

I think Bacchus Marsh would be a good fit to the rdfl

macedon
jacana

(Log in to remove this ad.)

certainly wouldnt mind playing on bacchus's oval, looks in good nick.
the 4 points wouldnt be too bad either.
while they've improved this year think they would go down to the top 6 or 7 sides comfortably

has anyone found that westeast sides from the weekends record. Pickles surely you could find it. what's the news for this weeks game, suspensions, injuries, predictions and plyers match-ups?

The teams in the record were part of an article by Mike Lyon, not the actual sides...

Some good games will take place this weekend, tips anyone?

Match of the week
Woodend V Diggers.........Hawks 23points
Kilmore V Romsey...............Romsey 30 points
Melton V Sunbury..............Go Roos!!!!
Riddell V Wallan.................Riddell 60+ points
Macedon V Rockbank..........Macedon 15 points

I Don"t know what over clubs would think about Jacana coming back in,but I was involved in the league when Moomba Park ,North Fawkner & Jacana were around & I don"t think it would be a good idea .:(:(:(

Depression may soon start sinking in lads, tomorrow will be the third round in a row where I haven't seen a glimpse of RDFL senior action. Was supposed to get the shoulder fixed up this evening, and hoped to see the Kilmore v Romsey match tomorrow, but they've rescheduled the surgery to tomorrow. I'm spewing about it. Can someone please text me the scores tomorrow night?

BDR69,Dennism,IMS,Grubb i noticed the Mongrel hasnt played for a few weeks is he injured or working, i thought he would have loved a crack at Riddell ?

BDR69,Dennism,IMS,Grubb i noticed the Mongrel hasnt played for a few weeks is he injured or working, i thought he would have loved a crack at Riddell ?

So did I ! , asked that very question of people in the know & their response was that they did not know what was going on with him.
(or maybe they were'nt saying) either way got no answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back