RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright fellas, it's time to think about who will be the stand-out player tomorrow.

Odds for the best on ground medal are:
Lee James $3.50
Sam Young $5
Jeremy Jose $10
Brian Wheelahan $10
James Wright $10
Cam Dawson $10
James Climas $10
Brendan Chugg $10
Tom Waters $10
Blake Whiteway $10
Peter Robertson $10
Leigh McInerney $10
Shaun Sims $15
Simon Choate $15
Aaron Balde $15
Cole Laurie $15
James Petran $15
Warren Kairns $15
Ryan Connellan $15
Rick Dowling $15
The Big Rig $15
Guy Donovan $15
Jason Allen $15
Bobby Johnson $15
Brenton Sutherland $15
Tristan Salter $20
Justn Belleville $20
Sam Bowen $20
Paul Podbury $20
Matt Krul $20
Craig Thompson $20
Glenn Nankervis $20
Jeff Heritage $25
Warren Else $25
Daniel Trotta $25
Bevan Green $25
Any unlisted player: $10

Thought a Kilmore, Lancefield, Romsey, Wallan readership might have wanted to know about players from Kilmore, Lancefield, Romsey, Wallan. Not your mates from Rockbank and Diggers.

I think he even looked a bit like Jason Allen for a bit, what with the No 1 on his back and all ! :eek:

Tells you how much you watch me lol, it was 11!!!

I think your tongue was just hanging over the fence in "Awe" I think you call it at young robertson.....

Matty i will have 20 on Robbo and 10 on Wheels

Cant see the 2 div comp getting off ground.
Bachus if any where will go central highlands.
Craigiburn not interested in rdfl.
Riddel could not keep up in div1 over extended periods of time.
Sunbury lions are looking at more citylike comps.
Broadford. have heard rough on and off ground not first hand though.

I spoke to the above quoted Broadford FC president of 1984 this morning, and the over riding reason for needing to leave the RDFL back was not so much netball or thirds, but more the inability to compete with Div 1 clubs when promoted.

Again I reckon our country town should compete against country towns in a VCFL governed comp - and Id doubt there'd be an eagerness to come up against some of those proposed clubs should your comp return to it's old structure :confused: Was the interest of going to two tiers mentioned in this meeting with Broadford?

Doona you dont seem to be too happy about changing leagues. Did you go to the meeting or didn't you get an invite, is the writing on the wall - perhaps a new coach next year.

Doona you dont seem to be too happy about changing leagues. Did you go to the meeting or didn't you get an invite, is the writing on the wall - perhaps a new coach next year.

Ha ha yeh mate got a gig, but thought it aint really relevant me attending or airing my thoughts on all this at this stage as regardless of my strong family ties and love of the joint Ive chosen to take the coaching path and we all know the coach is the last to know when he is wanted or not ;)

You're spot on though the annual Braodford rumour mill is rife, another board room take over, jobs for the boys I'm told meaning this little black duck isn't part of the rumoured "coup's" make-up :eek:

Time will tell, I might have to check the sits vacant shortly ;)

Ha ha yeh mate got a gig, but thought it aint really relevant me attending or airing my thoughts on all this at this stage as regardless of my strong family ties and love of the joint Ive chosen to take the coaching path and we all know the coach is the last to know when he is wanted or not ;)

You're spot on though the annual Braodford rumour mill is rife, another board room take over, jobs for the boys I'm told meaning this little black duck isn't part of the rumoured "coup's" make-up :eek:

Time will tell, I might have to check the sits vacant shortly ;)

Seeing you live in the Kimore area you might like to take a first hand look at the RDFL they tell me Dayson is giving away the resy coaches job at Kilmore next year. I'm sure your imput there would be appreciated. Good luck mate you've done a great job in cleaning up Broadford.

Under 16's, White Squad beat the Jarryd Allen Squad by about 3 goals, standout player in this game was M Medcraft who got the best player award deservedly.

Other good players were D Murphy, D Johnson, J Federouk for the Allen Squad, I'll leave it to others to give their opinions as I was mainly watching my son.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont understand how matt n jarryd gets squads names after them...ones in his second year and 1 in his third...what about cameron wight, or mark johnson, james kelly...just wondering on how the selection was made...cheers

i dont understand how matt n jarryd gets squads names after them...ones in his second year and 1 in his third...what about cameron wight, or mark johnson, james kelly...just wondering on how the selection was made...cheers

Was made on, up and coming players who the 16's would have seen around the league when they started playing in younger age groups.

Great day yesterday.. 2 fantastic games of football and a fantastic game of Netball.. The 16's match was highly entertaining with several supremely talented youngsters on show.. The East/West match was worth the wait, some fantastic football played, the game had everything.. Physical contest, link up running football, strong marking and some fantastic goals, special mentions to the Miles Dorman goal from the pocket and the Matt Welsh goal on the left from outside 50.. Brilliant game to be involved in and well done to all, especially coaches Shane Geddes and Nick Hannett and the league GM.

Published best for the west were

P.Robertson, C.Laurie, S.Young, B.Chugg, M.Welsh, K.Bullen, L.Walker

Goalkickers

P.Robertson 3, C.Laurie J.Petran M.Welsh B.Chugg 2, M.Taylor 1

and

L.James 2.9............ :D

Wowee. What a big day it was yesterday.

After about two hours sleep after having a massive one afterwards, I still have quite a few things to say.

1. Well done to the league. Bloody great job on yesterday and while all things were not perfect, it was still great and it sets up a model we can base our interleague matches on in years to come.

2. The players, to their credit, put on a good show. Although the West were the dominant side on the day, one has to feel if the East had a centre-half-forward, it would hae made a big difference to the match. My best on ground were: Dorman (I was on the scoreboard wing where he weaved most of his magic), Robbo, Choate, Chugg, Slugga, Laurie, Chris Collins, Steve James (dominated in the ruck), Welsh, Petran, Bullen, Young, Walker, Hardwick. I know there are a few names there but it was hard to find the standouts.

3. Intensity of the game was much higher than I expected, and the tackling was awesome. Was great to see all the Riddell boys go in extremely hard and put their bodies on the line. Slugga's tackling, when the ball was in his area, was by far the best of the day in my opinion. He would have only needed to kick straight on two other occasions (or perhaps not kicked into the man on the mark :D) to get votes today.

4. To the players who pulled out of the game, for legitimate reasons or not, you missed a bloody great game. One only has to look at Brian Wheelahan, who you could tell was shattered when he couldn't play in the game because of hammy problems. At least you got a jumper though ;)

5. While the footy was the main spectacle, my highlight of the day was seeing both changerooms opened up, with players all enjoying a frothie after the match. I know country footy has professionalised somewhat over the years, but lets be honest, having a beer after a game with a bloke you've just gone toe-to-toe with for four quarters is what it is all about. The players all enjoyed mingling with one another, getting to know a bit about their peers. Personally, because of the All-Star game, I've gotten to know players like Laurie, Thompson, Robbo, Petran, Bullen, Chugg, Belleville, Blade, Young.

6. Good to see Macedon get a win in the netball, although I thought their best player was a Wallan girl.

7. The Under 16s game was a great concept and I hope we can continue it on in years to come. Perhaps at interleague next year we could have a scedule like this: 10am - U16s (all-star), Noon - U18s, 2pm - Seniors.

8. Most people won't know this, but our U15s did a bloody great job yesterday too, losing by just a few points in the final of the metro championships.

9. As for the after match stuff, it must be said that despite a tongue in cheek comment last week about Jeff Heritage being overrated, it seems that a few people took that too literally. The love still rolls on between me and the Burra's #7. Good to see a lot of club representation at the Attic, the Kangas had (M. McInerney), Diggers (truckloads), Riddell (Crotty and Timmy Mac - aka the adonis of the dance floor and the number one hit with the ladies), Romsey (Pittsy and Matty Carroll). Was a massive night and plenty of good times rolled on.

10. Myles Dorman is a gun.

completely agree with everybody, a great spectacle for the league and congratulations to all players and coaches involved yesterday. What happened to the teams that were in the record. these were completely wrong as many players for the east side did not play. Lacy, Ng and other woodend players, what happened to allen and wheelehan. well done to Scott Mcartney as the league just conitinues to go places. Back to the business end now as an intersting round looms

West side started

B - C.Thompson, M.Krul, K.Bullen
HB - B.Johnson, L.Walker, J.Allen
C - M.Welsh, J.Climas, P.Robertson
HF - B.Chugg, J.Petran, J.Heritage
F - A.Blade, L.James, C.Laurie
R - S.James, S.Sims, S.Young
I - L.McInerney, J.Belleville, M.Taylor, J.Cuffe, J.Savage, G.Nankervis

Well for all the damage that was supposedly done - it was a great game of netball. For those who got off their backsides and watched it could only have been impressed. To the selectors - I think you should forget some of the comments that have appeared on this site- you did a great job! :):thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back