RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club im involved with is irrellavent to this topic! Now that you have confirmed the best practice into the players recovery! thanks for that because i forgot that football has been played for the last 100 years, I would hope all other RDFL clubs will not boycott the wallanfnc and still support your team and buy your drinks so you can field a team without eating into any of your profits! But hey anything to get the jump on other clubs..

gents i was just taking a peek at the incoming and outgoing clearences for all the rdfl clubs and i have devised MY ladder predictions in accordance to them!!!!!!

1. Riddells Creek
2. Romsey
3. Diggers Rest
4. kilmore
5. Sunbury
6. Macedon
7. Wallan
8. Woodend
9. Broadford
10. Lancefield
11. Melton

gents i was just taking a peek at the incoming and outgoing clearences for all the rdfl clubs and i have devised MY ladder predictions in accordance to them!!!!!!

1. Riddells Creek
2. Romsey
3. Diggers Rest
4. kilmore
5. Sunbury
6. Macedon
7. Wallan
8. Woodend
9. Broadford
10. Lancefield
11. Melton

Having a look at the clearences, wallan have heaps might have to put the higher

1. Riddells Creek
2. Romsey
3. Diggers Rest
4. kilmore
5. Sunbury
6. Macedon
7. Wallan
8. Woodend
9. Broadford
10. Lancefield
11. Melton

That is true mate. but i see Wallan have also lost a couple of good players and they are coming from a fair way back in the pack. riddells creek and romsey and diggers should be the elite teams i think this year

bit of a wisper going around robbo will be heading back to tocumwal bloods, hence why no contract has been signed with wallan:eek: Anybody wish to share any more info big loss to wallan if true:)

herd wispers today that dylan wright may be looking at sunbury kangaroos as his home club if things dont prevail iinterstate.handy pickup if true????? Maybe mongrel could shed some light on this 1????

1. Riddells Creek
2. Romsey
3. Diggers Rest
4. kilmore
5. Sunbury
6. Macedon
7. Wallan
8. Woodend
9. Broadford
10. Lancefield
11. Melton

DONT NONE OF YOU BLOKES RATE THE ROCKBANK RAMS

1. Riddells Creek
2. Romsey
3. Diggers Rest
4. kilmore
5. Sunbury
6. Macedon
7. Wallan
8. Woodend
9. Broadford
10. Lancefield
11. Melton

Based on clearances and whispers this would be my ladder for 2011.

1. Romsey
2. Riddell
3. Kilmore
4. Diggers Rest
5. Sunbury Kangaroos
6. Wallan
7. Macedon
8. Broadford
9. Woodend-Hesket
10. Rockbank
11. Melton Central

The word on the street is Lancefield won't be fielding a seniors or reserves team this year. Have requested to keep its Under 18s side though. To quote a well-known Lancefield businessman (not my father) "no point having the best facilities in the comp if you don't have a footy side to use them".

Heard a whisper at work today that the Riddell league will be now using Buffalo footballs for season 2011 after giving Burley the flick. Surely has to be joke, whats wrong with the old T.W Sherrin???

Im a little upset with the news coming from the wallanfnc camp that reserves and senior players will not be able to consume any alcohol untill 1 hour after they play. Not that i condone getting pissed at the footy but being a clubman at another club who relies on every cent we make over the bar to get our club on the field every week we need that money, As wallanfnc is not a really strong supported team when playing away i wonder where we can make up the money when we host them at home. As the reserve and senior players will more then likley just go home for a frothy then wait 1 hour it makes things look pretty dimm, please someone from wallanfnc tell me this is not true and the commitee as thought this process through as the repercussions would be very very painful for every club that host you at there home grounds

Dont think this is right .?! but am not 100% sure ?...i think all that has been Mentioned is to get a bit of water into the players before they grab a beer .. not wait an hour ...

And anyway mate , if you club is really relying on 30 blokes to buy a couple of beers which you will prob make 150 bucks off then your club has more to worry about than players buying beers after a game ....

RDFL will be using the Burley footballs this year. And unless you get your hands on the Sherrin specifically produced for AFL Competition, there is little difference between the 2 of them.

And for what it's worth
1. Riddell
2. Romsey
3. Sunbury
4. Diggers
5. Kilmore
6. Macedon
7. Wallan
8. Woodend
9. Rockbank
10. Lancefield
11. Broadford
12. Melton

Dont think this is right .?! but am not 100% sure ?...i think all that has been Mentioned is to get a bit of water into the players before they grab a beer .. not wait an hour ...

And anyway mate , if you club is really relying on 30 blokes to buy a couple of beers which you will prob make 150 bucks off then your club has more to worry about than players buying beers after a game ....

God its not a big deal know of heaps of sides that do the same thing, it shows gilly is putting a bit of professionalism into the team. Good work

Heard a whisper at work today that the Riddell league will be now using Buffalo footballs for season 2011 after giving Burley the flick. Surely has to be joke, whats wrong with the old T.W Sherrin???

Gee whats the world coming too, Surely If the players are worried about the brand of footys they are using there is something wrong. They all feel the same on the cold,wet,windy days (Bloody hard and slippery) maybe if some are worried about this they might find things a bit better on the netball court where they can use a nice round,clean ball with lots of grip on it hahahah:). Was wondering if anyone could put some details of thier clubs practice matches of who and when they are playing.. Things are really heating up now cant wait till it gets started, BRING ON SEASON 2011 :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Gee whats the world coming too, Surely If the players are worried about the brand of footys they are using there is something wrong. They all feel the same on the cold,wet,windy days (Bloody hard and slippery) maybe if some are worried about this they might find things a bit better on the netball court where they can use a nice round,clean ball with lots of grip on it hahahah:). Was wondering if anyone could put some details of thier clubs practice matches of who and when they are playing.. Things are really heating up now cant wait till it gets started, BRING ON SEASON 2011 :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
What balls do they use playing cricket in our league?
What balls do they use playing Netball in our league?
What balls do they use playing basketball in local compitition?

Answer: they use the best!!!!!

On a nice sunny dry day, we want to see the best footy, so we should use the best balls!!

2011 season just mentioned Gilly trying to bring some professionalism into his club,

How about the RDFL do the same!!!!!!!!!

Most players in our competition, not all, but most, would likely have close enough to an hour before they have a beer anyways... By the time you have left the ground, had a chat, cooled down, had a shower... In reality, an hour is nothing... Bit of hot air all this talk about not supporting clubs etc...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a nice sunny dry day, we want to see the best footy, so we should use the best balls!!

2011 season just mentioned Gilly trying to bring some professionalism into his club,

Here here slyone!!!

Christ you blokes pay enough in league fee's that a "sweetener" to use a Burley or a Buffalo shouldn't even enter into the equation. Must be a Vic Metro thing, coz plenty of VCFL comps who ask for less in affiliation are using the good old T Dubya :eek:

Yes hellsbells if you put it like that you would be right, I was just looking at figures from last season and wallan was not a big seller of food/alcohol when we hosted them at home, There where not really many of there players in the rooms after the game and besides a handfull of supporters the club does not travel away as well as other clubs who are well supported, But they do have a great president lunch at half time (yum) Any other clubs have this problem with wallan as a travelling side??

And some players can just make ordinary balls look good:D And the more times a player gets the ball, the better he will get at using it:eek:

Yes hellsbells if you put it like that you would be right, I was just looking at figures from last season and wallan was not a big seller of food/alcohol when we hosted them at home, There where not really many of there players in the rooms after the game and besides a handfull of supporters the club does not travel away as well as other clubs who are well supported, But they do have a great president lunch at half time (yum) Any other clubs have this problem with wallan as a travelling side??

I wouldnt worry bout the bar sales when Wallan play at your ground mate got it sorted . My brothers just signed down there and me and my old man will push up those bar sales even if were the only 2 supporters from Wallan there :thumbsu::D

And some players can just make ordinary balls look good:D And the more times a player gets the ball, the better he will get at using it:eek:

hahaha agree with ya there, dont worry about how pretty it is or what shape or weight it is...JUST GO AND GET THE THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it Burley or Buffalo that will be used, bloke here at work may have got his balls tangled up when mentioning it to me earlier.

I understand that cold, wet and windy are typical RDFL conditions but surely the players would appreciate using the best available football if they were infact consulted on the topic. Every club north of the divide (except Broadford) that i no of use T.W Sherrins and the footy is quite attractive to watch. On second thoughts im with u gazza, its probably more the weather conditions rather then the footballs used that effect the standard of play :thumbsu:

check he rdfl website 15 practice matches listed

RDFL website has a new section for practice matches mate. Should be able to get all your details there.

http://www.rdfl.org.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=96&Itemid=128

The EDFL looks like starting a Div 3 in 2012, they will need at least 4 new tearms to make it viable, do you think clubs like Sunbry Kangaroos, Melton Centrals, Rockbank etc would be interested in a switch.

The EDFL looks like starting a Div 3 in 2012, they will need at least 4 new tearms to make it viable, do you think clubs like Sunbry Kangaroos, Melton Centrals, Rockbank etc would be interested in a switch.

Not sure about those 3, but i did hear a rumour last year that Diggers Rest could be lnterested in EDFL. It wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back