RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not quite sure how to take that mate!!! It seems no matter how much I watch "Dancing with D Graders" on a Sunday night, I can't seem to nail the perfect piruette.

That was supposed to say "can't" pirouette to save himself :eek:

When are you back in the game?? We miss you!!! :thumbsu:

That was supposed to say "can't" pirouette to save himself :eek:

When are you back in the game?? We miss you!!! :thumbsu:

Off to the physio tonight mate hopefully for an all clear. Strained the calf a few weeks back (working on the piruette mind you!!). Back through the twos I'd imagine because, unfortunately, I'm one of the "unfit" unmpires Omni was referring to. What does he expect when he hooks by bbq up to natural gas for me? I cook more meat and drink more too!!

Off to the physio tonight mate hopefully for an all clear. Strained the calf a few weeks back (working on the piruette mind you!!). Back through the twos I'd imagine because, unfortunately, I'm one of the "unfit" unmpires Omni was referring to. What does he expect when he hooks by bbq up to natural gas for me? I cook more meat and drink more too!!

And not once have you sent out the invite to one of these BBQ's.. Terrible form... :mad:

Mate I'll gladly push "YOU" around the ground in a wheel chair if it means one of your megalomaniac colleagues can have a stint on the pine !!!
................ & "Unfit" big fella doesn't always have to refer to ones physical prowess now does it ???
Mind you, "some" are able to carry a few kgs & still do a more than adequate job. (god knows I based a whole career on that philosophy !)

Now your the perfect bloke for this - Perhaps you could give a few of your fellow officials that feel they wanna be "PART" of the action (re- GRANDSTAND !) a few hints on how to keep a low profile and get the job done with a minimum of fuss ???

Just listened to the Romsey vice-president being interviewed on 3AW discussing Ben Cousins. Spoke very well, and whilst it will be a huge gain for Romsey, it will also be great advertising for the RDFL. Expecting a crowd of b/w 7-12k on the day. Good luck to Pedo and the Redbacks

lets hope then that spectators and the like are mature and sensible enough to leave the bloke alone and just let him play footy and not have to put up with utter crap some other high profile players have had to put up with

lets hope then that spectators and the like are mature and sensible enough to leave the bloke alone and just let him play footy and not have to put up with utter crap some other high profile players have had to put up with
excactly right, let the man play.
what poor bugger is going to be given the job of trying to keep up with him...:eek: need an ambulance on standby for whoever it is..haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says nothing about why he's at romsey as opposed to any other local club

Article from the age.

Pederson and Cousins, 33, have known each other for a number of years after initially meeting via mutual AFL connections.

"We sat down last Tuesday. He said he would have a think about it and came back and said, 'Yep, let's do it'," Pederson said.

Hume City Council set to destroy local football

Wonder whether people had any thoughts on the attached article from the Leader this week??

Has Hume City Council taken into account the impact that this decision has on the clubs/leagues out this way?? Effectively the Sunbury Kangaroos cannot charge entry without the relevant jumping through hoops on a weekly basis, add to that any chance of the Kangaroos seniors/juniors or Lions juniors being able to host finals games!!!

If the Council decide to go this way and other local councils follow suit, our competitions in these areas face a real risk of survival.. Taking away the gate from our clubs and from the RDFL for finals will have a supreme financial impact, if Sunbury Lions seniors take 20K a year on the gate, what would our clubs take?? I would suggest that up to 25% of the league's income would come from finals gates, so does that mean if they cannot charge, that league fees go up? So clubs lose their ability to charge a gate fee as well as being required to pay more in league fees, our clubs won't survive... Something needs to give... It's a real concern, for all of us in my opinion..

SUNBURY football clubs are set to miss out on a home-ground advantage at finals time because football leagues do not have a permit to charge entrance fees.

http://sunbury-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/have-your-say-sunbury-clubs-on-the-outer/

Why would anybody in their right mind do that. He is an accomplished AFL great, not a has been mercenary, with an oafish temper.

Wheres the Clearance??? theres been no clearance lodged on the sportingpulse website. until that happens its just rumors

No clearance required, he is transferring from the AFL, only needs to be registered, which has been done.

No clearance required, he is transferring from the AFL, only needs to be registered, which has been done.
sorry i didnt realise that. i thought it was same as carey , but he had played for a qld club so makes sense. thats fantastic news for the league and the club and for ben himself. hope it all works out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back