RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to the under 15 RDFL side who have won their way through to the grandfinal of the Metropolitan Junior Championship Division 1. To get there they beat Western, South-Eastern and a shocked Yarra side by one point. This was an especially good victory as Yarra are regular winners of both first and second division.
Great effort from these boys one more:thumbsu: win and to be crowned the best in the state at under 15 level is a credit to everyone involved we have got some super talented boys in this group and future stars of the game, well done:thumbsu::thumbsu: the grand final is on sat the 25 of june at casey fields 2.00pm start

If the seniors had an inter league game, who would have made the side. What would have the side been like.

Romsey. Dawson,Burlak,Mitchell,Austin,Green,Smith-Whiting,Mcnaughton, Cairns,Strack,Erwin,Davidson,Davidson

Sunbury. Fishenden,Cuffe,Welsh,Sutherland,Meacham,Mcgovern,Wright,Powell,Hatty, Smythe,

THERS THE FIRST 22 TO CULL FROM OUT OF THE TOP 2 SIDES CURRENTLY

Romsey. Dawson,Burlak,Mitchell,Austin,Green,Smith-Whiting,Mcnaughton, Cairns,Strack,Erwin,Davidson,Davidson

Sunbury. Fishenden,Cuffe,Welsh,Sutherland,Meacham,Mcgovern,Wright,Powell,Hatty, Smythe,

THERS THE FIRST 22 TO CULL FROM OUT OF THE TOP 2 SIDES CURRENTLY

Pretty hard to narrow thost 2 lists of players down to 5 from each of the clubs.

Jobe Ploog ought to appear on the Sunbury list I reckon !

Romsey by 5 points over Riddell.
Diggers by 11 over Macedon.
Woodend by 76 over Rockbank.
Kilmore by 39 over Melton.
Sunbury by 72 over Broadford.
Lancefield v Wallan ???

The first and last quarter of the Romsey Riddell clash was some of the best football I've seen in a game.. the hard tackles and pressure was out of this world and spirit shown by the players was second to none. Cam Casson, for mine, is one of the hardest workers in the competition and probably doesnt get the recognition he deserves.. would love to see these two sides play off in the big one.. if both are at full strength, it will be a cliff hanger and both were missing high profile stars on the weekend as it was..

Both coaches on the Romsey v Riddell match and pics from Diggers Rest v Macedon.

http://ow.ly/5muYh
THERE could only be one winner, but the feedback from Romsey and Riddell was the same as both teams played what their coaches described as the most intense game of the season.
Romsey held out Riddell for much of the last eight minutes as the Redbacks held on to win 11.12 (78) to 10.13 (73) at Romsey Park.

are Rockbank a genuine chance to make finals? are Woodend just getting ball rolling or can Wallan make a dent cone September? thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rockbank
Currently 8th
3-5 (w-l)

Seem to compete better against the higher sides and have done for a few years (beating Riddell in 09 when it was top v bottom). If they can string together more wins against the lower sides they could push for finals and be able to give a top team a run for their money. I can see the potential for 5 more wins for the season which would see them at 8-10 (w-l). Their contested footy is good, they are hard it and create a lot stoppages but don't seem to have the slick skills and varied options the top teams have when clearing the ball and pressing forward. Percentage could keep them out of finals this year. They are certainly on the improve and could be right up there next season if they can retain the cattle they've got and pick up a few key players, particularly a forward capable of kicking a bag.

Wallan
Currently 6th
4-4 (w-l)

Yet to see them first hand this season so can’t go by much but stats. Two of their wins have been under 10 points and their win against Rockbank by 31 points looks to be in part due to the Rams inaccuracy in front of goal (22 shots to 21). The only convincing win they’ve had is over Lancefield. The rest of the season will be rough for them and I would expect them to lose at least 5 of the next 10 given they play Diggers, Sunbury, Macedon, Romsey and Riddell. I don't see them being finals contenders but if they can topple one of these sides and win the rest of their games they could make the cut with a 10-8 (w-l) season. I’m predicting it will be the other way around though 8-10.

Woodend
Currently 7th
3-5 (w-l)

Look to be playing into some form winning their last 2 and just losing to Wallan by 7 points in Round 6. Possible win again this week against Broadford making it 3 on the trot. They will also face the top 6 in the second half of the season with Rounds 17 and 18 likely to decide 6th spot with Wallan v Woodend, Rockbank v Diggers (RD17) and Wallan v Riddell, Rockbank v Lancefield and Wallan v Riddell (RD18). If the Hawks can beat the 5 teams currently under them, and with the potential to beat Macedon and Wallan, they could make it an 10-8 season.

All 3 teams have the potential to finish with 8 to 10 wins a piece which will make the run for 6th position hotly contended. I’m betting one team will drop off and percentage will split the other two. Which one I’m not quite sure just yet.

Just my opinion!

Is he going somewhere else in 2012 ?

Geez you'd hope so, reckon he speaks really well and obvioulsy knows his stuff. Would love to see him have a go with the financial backing and resources some of the rival coaches in the area have at their disposal.

Saw a pretty clinical display by Romsey yesty. Had a heap out - Austin, McNaughton, Brewer, 1 x Davidson, Connellan and Mills spring to mind, Kilmore had enough of the football but sorely miss a guaranteed 3 goal a week key fwd. The Redbacks cashed in on plenty of the Blues skill errors throughout the day to hit em where it hurts (scorebaord). Was a pretty unstable pre-season for the Blues, if the likes of Jayco, the Gordon's, Peckham, Broomfield, Abela all commit to next year it wont take a lot to get em up in the mix. Romsey mind you are playing for now, and it's gunna take a pretty impressive unit to stop them in September. Kanga's would be a chance this coming week with the out's Romsey have, but when it matters Im just not sure.

I heard Wallan led Diggers until the dying stages, and although Woodend sit in 6th spot I reckon their defenders mighta copped a barrage after the game for allowing Broadford to score a point in the final term . . . to play finals ya gotta be better than that :D

Geez you'd hope so, reckon he speaks really well and obvioulsy knows his stuff. Would love to see him have a go with the financial backing and resources some of the rival coaches in the area have at their disposal.

Saw a pretty clinical display by Romsey yesty. Had a heap out - Austin, McNaughton, Brewer, 1 x Davidson, Connellan and Mills spring to mind, Kilmore had enough of the football but sorely miss a guaranteed 3 goal a week key fwd. The Redbacks cashed in on plenty of the Blues skill errors throughout the day to hit em where it hurts (scorebaord). Was a pretty unstable pre-season for the Blues, if the likes of Jayco, the Gordon's, Peckham, Broomfield, Abela all commit to next year it wont take a lot to get em up in the mix. Romsey mind you are playing for now, and it's gunna take a pretty impressive unit to stop them in September. Kanga's would be a chance this coming week with the out's Romsey have, but when it matters Im just not sure.

I heard Wallan led Diggers until the dying stages, and although Woodend sit in 6th spot I reckon their defenders mighta copped a barrage after the game for allowing Broadford to score a point in the final term . . . to play finals ya gotta be better than that :D
And it was a rushed behind !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back