RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! I'm off to Bacchus Marsh tomorrow, do you want my pass Omni??? Even better, take up umpiring, do an u/18 game or 2 and get your own "special privledge" pass.

I think macedon vs rupo could be a great game. Most of the talk is about Rupo's running game and not matching the toughness of RDFL teams. With guys like Gaunt and Morrice rupo have the necessary grunt to match and surprise a lot of teams! They were within 10 points of sunbury in the last quarter before the jared pretty show blew out the margin.

Any idea if the live scores will be working tomorrow IMS?

That will be up to the clubs mate

Centrals over Hawks by 38. Centrals supporters will win the "screaming profanities at opposition players in front of your little kids award", by a mile.

Centrals over Hawks by 38. Centrals supporters will win the "screaming profanities at opposition players in front of your little kids award", by a mile.

NOt again there was a fair bit of that at wallan the other week when they played Melton. Didnt get to romsey today but looks like they pulled away from Wallan in the 2nd half. Actually listened to a bit of the Kilmore and broaford game on the radio didnt soound like the end margin reflected the game as the commentaters kept saying how much Kilmore were having a go.

NOt again there was a fair bit of that at wallan the other week when they played Melton. Didnt get to romsey today but looks like they pulled away from Wallan in the 2nd half. Actually listened to a bit of the Kilmore and broaford game on the radio didnt soound like the end margin reflected the game as the commentaters kept saying how much Kilmore were having a go.
This must be the first time supporters have been loud at local footy games!!! Hope it didn't shock you guys too much!

I think it is unfair to label a club based on a small minority of "idiots". However, we do not condone antisocial behaviour and will do our very best to stamp it out.

On a positive note, a big thank you to Jock and his team at Woodend who put on a fantastic day of football and netball. Very strong bunch of people who put in a lot of work. We were greeted with a very fresh breeze that gave us a friendly reminder that winter isn't too far away. I smashed a few of those delicious Hawk Burgers (clearly the best in the league)! Always love going to Gilbert Gordon Oval when the sun is out and the ground is firm ;) Wishing Jock and Fitzy all the best for the rest of the year.

So you speak like that in front of your kids all the time?, disgraceful language.
I believe most footy clubs will have a few people in their crowd that get carried away at times and get caught up in the heat of the moment! I hate it as much as the next bloke but I've learnt to ignore it! From my spot today on the bench maybe I didn't hear a lot of the things your talking about, I was more intrested in what was going on in the football!

It was a fairly good game of football at Romsey yesterday! Wallan are definately on the right track. They were fierce all day and they have some young go getters that ran all day and competed admirably. It was also great talking to a lot of the local Romsey folk and hearing that last years controversy is totally behind them now and there's a real focus on moving forward. The return of Sean Austin was a real positive for the red backs around the stoppages and some of last years stars really shone yesterday. Davo, farmer, brewer, mcnaughton, green, and another bog performance by brad Mitchell. Young Angus story at full back was not beaten all day in his new role and a new look red backs backline were solid after half time with boppa, mills, burlak, Wilson etc. well on top and providing lots of run that lacked early in the game. The umpiring was quite good all day and next weeks game at macedon should be a ripping contest. And the return of the comps number 1 coach mark pederson should aid the red backs to another strong performance!!!

It was a fairly good game of football at Romsey yesterday! Wallan are definately on the right track. They were fierce all day and they have some young go getters that ran all day and competed admirably. It was also great talking to a lot of the local Romsey folk and hearing that last years controversy is totally behind them now and there's a real focus on moving forward. The return of Sean Austin was a real positive for the red backs around the stoppages and some of last years stars really shone yesterday. Davo, farmer, brewer, mcnaughton, green, and another bog performance by brad Mitchell. Young Angus story at full back was not beaten all day in his new role and a new look red backs backline were solid after half time with boppa, mills, burlak, Wilson etc. well on top and providing lots of run that lacked early in the game. The umpiring was quite good all day and next weeks game at macedon should be a ripping contest. And the return of the comps number 1 coach mark pederson should aid the red backs to another strong performance!!!

Yes, well done pal. Any win is a good win ! :thumbsu:
Always good to see players returning to the RDFL. Just so long as he DOESN'T get his brother Steve to play for the Redbacks ! o_O
And where has the "Phantom" been ??? I've heard of keeping your head down, but poor old Pedo' has all but disappeared from view !!!

Yes, well done pal. Any win is a good win ! :thumbsu:
Always good to see players returning to the RDFL. Just so long as he DOESN'T get his brother Steve to play for the Redbacks ! o_O
And where has the "Phantom" been ??? I've heard of keeping your head down, but poor old Pedo' has all but disappeared from view !!!

I'm fairly sure Pedo got a bit sick of the same people posting under 6 different alias' trying to justify their version of last years grand final umpiring meltdown. Haha!!! Halfullonfence sums it up very well, there is only ten people posting on here but each have 5 different accounts

I'm fairly sure Pedo got a bit sick of the same people posting under 6 different alias' trying to justify their version of last years grand final umpiring meltdown. Haha!!! Halfullonfence sums it up very well, there is only ten people posting on here but each have 5 different accounts

Well I certainly dont ! Dont need too ! Maybe that says more about how he uses this forum than anything else !!! :cool:

Really hope that's directed at me :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really hope that's directed at me :D

NO!!!!!! Definately was not referring to u big fella, u know me better than that!!!!

Great to have footy back. Was also great to see the mcinerney brothers wind back the clock yesterday and totally dominate the early game. Grubby was at his absolute best and mark was outstanding.

NO!!!!!! Definately was not referring to u big fella, u know me better than that!!!!

Great to have footy back. Was also great to see the mcinerney brothers wind back the clock yesterday and totally dominate the early game. Grubby was at his absolute best and mark was outstanding.

Does Mark still have that putrid head of his ? :D

Not your comment bud... Was hoping that was why slyone hasn't given me a bell for a while

Has anyone got any players in mind that u think could or will make this years interleague side???? I've been having a bit of a look at it and I'm predicting it will be an honour for the players that do make it. As they will be in awesome company. The league has always produced quality players but I'm thinking only the elite will make it this year. If u go thru sum of the big names it's remarkable just how much quality is getting around the comp

Was only thinking rep squads yesty as I was looking into our under 18's. I think the two "top 25's" previously posted are very accurate along with Collis, Dunne, from over this way. Next issue is who will want to play considering there are no $$$ involved, and which clubs won't risk players etc etc.

Having followed the KDFL closely for years if the "best" available guys represent us we will $hit it in :)

tossing up with wallan having the by between watching lanvefield vs Rupertswood or going to watch the Barry hall show against diggers rest on Saturdya. Would love some thougts on which would be the better game. i see Broadford signed a new player this week from the northern league how does he go.

tossing up with wallan having the by between watching lanvefield vs Rupertswood or going to watch the Barry hall show against diggers rest on Saturdya. Would love some thougts on which would be the better game. i see Broadford signed a new player this week from the northern league how does he go.

Bugger Saturday, how about today? RDFL game, 2 in the EDFL and Seymour playing Euroa up the road .... talk about torn!!! Get to Broadford Cal, it looks like their toughest home game for the year. The RDFL want them in the finals due to Barry's potential drawing power and I reckon if they can get over Diggers this week it will definately happen.

I've seen Brad Czerny play years ago, cant remember if it was when Gav or Peddo coached Lalor but always kept an eye on the name as his late grandfather was heavily involved at Yea when I first started going there in 2002. Premiership player too I reckon down there, will certainly help cover the void left by Quaide Comi's injury.

Heard from a source Barry Hall has been told by fox footy , he can only play 1 more game for Broadford for the season, Up to him which game BUT only 1. Any truth to this ? Be a bit of a shame for Broadford & the RDFL.

Congrats to Rupo on their first win in the RDFNL against Lancefield today.

Best wishes go out to Ash McNaughton who suffered a serious leg injury in the Romsey vs Macedon match today, hope the diagnosis is less than first thought and recovery is swift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back