RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kilmore lost to Melton 9 goals to 4. As a coach you can have days where the end result is actually insignificant and personally I had just that today. We probably gave up 10-15kgs across all but maybe 3-4 positions on the park and the boys really give it everything they had. It's no secret our achilles heel is our ability to score. Saying that I was so proud today of how we competed at stoppages, in contested situations, even our decision making at times was an actual step forward on week's 1 & 2.

Yes we lack composure and polish at times but anyone who's coached or played in the situation we find ourselves knows you have to take the good and the bad with a young list ..... today, even though we didn't leave with 4 points, I simply couldn't go crook at them. We lack grown men and experience so if there's anyone out there that fits the criteria who'd like to help us guide a group of keen kids you know how to track me down ;)

Also want to back up what IMS said in congratulating Rupertswood on their first win in the comp :thumbsu:

Congrats to Rupo on their first win in the RDFNL against Lancefield today.

Best wishes go out to Ash McNaughton who suffered a serious leg injury in the Romsey vs Macedon match today, hope the diagnosis is less than first thought and recovery is swift.

Wishing Ash all the best as well. I was less than 10 metres away and i think i heard a crack. Watching it reminded me of the nathan brown break. Really hope i am wrong! If it is as bad as it seems, i wish him a speedy recovery. If anyone from romsey is on here to give an update at some stage it would be greatly appreciated.

Wishing Ash all the best as well. I was less than 10 metres away and i think i heard a crack. Watching it reminded me of the nathan brown break. Really hope i am wrong! If it is as bad as it seems, i wish him a speedy recovery. If anyone from romsey is on here to give an update at some stage it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your best wishes for Macca, x-rays all clear no breaks, could be some ligament damage.

Great day at Lancefield on Saturday with Rupertswood opening their account for 2013. Thanks to Lancefield for their hospitality. Another cracking scissor kick goal from Mitch Gaunt, hope the cameras were there to catch it !

Heard from a source Barry Hall has been told by fox footy , he can only play 1 more game for Broadford for the season, Up to him which game BUT only 1. Any truth to this ? Be a bit of a shame for Broadford & the RDFL.

think they have another home game next weekend so time willtell as Broadford promoted all summer that he would play all the home matchs. I noticed a clearance for damien king to go from heathcote to Craigieburn surwly Kilmore with their lack of experience wouldve had some room in the budget to get him back.

Hey Lemms does Rupertswood tape their games? If so any chance of getting a link to see the goal you referred to?

Heard from a source Barry Hall has been told by fox footy , he can only play 1 more game for Broadford for the season, Up to him which game BUT only 1. Any truth to this ? Be a bit of a shame for Broadford & the RDFL.
No truth - The next home game is Broadford V Rupertswood 18/5/2013, you will see Barry in action. The feedback that we are receiving is that it has been a great day and people have got value for money. Our netballers have also been very competitive and worth a look. C grade girls start at 10.30 then B grade and A grade.

See you soon..............Cheers

think they have another home game next weekend so time willtell as Broadford promoted all summer that he would play all the home matchs. I noticed a clearance for damien king to go from heathcote to Craigieburn surwly Kilmore with their lack of experience wouldve had some room in the budget to get him back.

Cal there is room in the budget for you and a lot of other "grown men" if we can find some. Sadly Kilmore is not a place that quite a lot of guys chose they didn't want to be at right now - whether they be former juniors or guys who spent time there in their senior years. I sincerely hope that when myself and/or others move on or get pushed aside a lot of these guys come back

No truth - The next home game is Broadford V Rupertswood 18/5/2013, you will see Barry in action. The feedback that we are receiving is that it has been a great day and people have got value for money. Our netballers have also been very competitive and worth a look. C grade girls start at 10.30 then B grade and A grade.

See you soon..............Cheers

Welcome back old mate ;)

Macedon headed into the last three matches against Romsey at Tony Clarke as a great chance to take the win or at least be competitive and fell away massively for the the third time .. a bit disappointing really because I have high hopes on the Cats really gelling together and playing deep into the finals this year..

Macedon headed into the last three matches against Romsey at Tony Clarke as a great chance to take the win or at least be competitive and fell away massively for the the third time .. a bit disappointing really because I have high hopes on the Cats really gelling together and playing deep into the finals this year..

The only way macedon can play deep into the finals this season is if all the young stars wake up and realise that they are not young anymore. they are grown men and have shown glimpses many many times over the past 5 years of taking the next step but the reality is, THEY HAVENT!!!!!!

They struggled with the physicality of the redbacks and as a result were mauled at the stoppages and in the contested possession. this is not a personal dig at the cats, but an unbiassed opinion that many people share.
Along with being outgunned by the redbacks, the fact that romsey still have burlak,blair,erwin,henderson,lever and 5 or 6 others to come into the side just shows that they are going to have to dig very deep to make an impact come finals time.lets hope they can

The only way macedon can play deep into the finals this season is if all the young stars wake up and realise that they are not young anymore. they are grown men and have shown glimpses many many times over the past 5 years of taking the next step but the reality is, THEY HAVENT!!!!!!

They struggled with the physicality of the redbacks and as a result were mauled at the stoppages and in the contested possession. this is not a personal dig at the cats, but an unbiassed opinion that many people share.
Along with being outgunned by the redbacks, the fact that romsey still have burlak,blair,erwin,henderson,lever and 5 or 6 others to come into the side just shows that they are going to have to dig very deep to make an impact come finals time.lets hope they can
All those names to come back in, Mongrel........scary. Romsey sound very intimidating when and if full strength. Will be great to watch come seasons end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge danger game for Riddell this week when they travel to Macedon to take on the Cats. The Bombers have had a real problem getting the points up at Macedon in recent years.
Actually for the life of me I cant remember the last time Macedon came to Riddell for a return match ??? o_O
And this season is NO different !!!
They owe whoever does the draw PLENTY......Only play Diggers, Sunbury & Riddell ONCE for the season & two of those games are at Tony Clarke !!!:cool:

Where are Sunbury playing Woodend, im hearing melton. Whats going on there??

As I have already told you, check the RDFNL Website, the game is at Gilbert Gordon Oval in Woodend.

Hi, first time poster here. Quick question for all the inter league heads out there. When are the senior squads announced for the inter league ? I see the U18's and junior squads have been. There Will be some quality players in the squad I would imagine.

Hi, first time poster here. Quick question for all the inter league heads out there. When are the senior squads announced for the inter league ? I see the U18's and junior squads have been. There Will be some quality players in the squad I would imagine.

My belief is that the squad will be finalised over this coming weekend and then released to the clubs early next week.

My belief is that the squad will be finalised over this coming weekend and then released to the clubs early next week.

If my mail is correct, and it usually is lol, leave two spare spots and keep a watchfull eye on next Wednesday's clearance page!!!!!!! Could be a couple of AVERAGE midfielders gracing the rdfl with their presence. OH OH!!!!!

Final Scores -
Macedon - 6. 4. 40. Def' by Riddell - 13. 14. 92.
Pretty good game to watch, at what is fast becoming "THE" best football venue in the competition ! :thumbsu:
Umpiring -
Lawrence McInerney - 2/10. Put in an absolute shocker !
Troy Cusack - 8/10. Didn't let McInerney drag down his performance. :thumbsu:

E
Finding it hard to understand why Kangas have stripped an inaugural premiership player of his number this year because he was injured early on .... Gave it to someone else ????

Please excuse my ignorance but can you tell me the player in question you are referring too? I'm being a %100 honest I have no idea who you are talking about? I hope it's not a bloke who wore number 1 but wanted my old number 4 for this year?

Just
Finding it hard to understand why Kangas have stripped an inaugural premiership player of his number this year because he was injured early on .... Gave it to someone else ????

Just done some research and I really think you should ask " Sugar" where his jumper and football bag are mate? Pretty sure he played the 2nd half in his number 9?

E

Please excuse my ignorance but can you tell me the player in question you are referring too? I'm being a %100 honest I have no idea who you are talking about? I hope it's not a bloke who wore number 1 but wanted my old number 4 for this year?
I am honestly having a guess here but is it Kane Murphy? I know he has been injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back