RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been told that he's 7 ft 4, that'd make him Australia's tallest person though so I think it'd be a slight exaggeration.

He's 6'7" to be exact, how'd u go today young fella u play down at Craigieburn?

Forgot to tell ya mate, the stronger clubs have their own private chat board, its just that the lesser likes cant afford the subscription ;)
doona
you'd know more than likely
is toby barker's(woodend,kyneton)dad still with us?

Good hit out for Riddell with Moddawarre winning by a couple of goals. Looks like Scoble will be playing Sylvester forward after an 8 goal performance. 5 goals from 50 is a concern and something Scoble has to knock on the head. Simmo still loves the attention and way over umpired the game.

Went and had a look at Broadford Saturday and have to say I was really impressed with the way they played, had one young gun at full forward who is 17 years old can play kept them in the game all day. There captain is one hard nut and was on the bottom of the pack at every stoppage, when the heavens came down it really suited Broadford as Craigieburn were just about to run away with the game, at the end Craigieburn were just a little bit more fitter and that got them over the line by a few points. Good work Broadford looks like finals this year.

How did Kilmore and Wallan go in there matches over the weekend.

How'd the other games go? i droopped in and saw 2 quarters at kilmore quite a number of new players out there. Ruck man hardly lost a hit out and was the full fwd the same young fella who played the last few games last season? Looks like he's improved a bit which must be pleaseing for doona. Very young still which must be a worry.boy Swindells didnot play and a guy I chatted to said he played for Lancefield the day before.

what
How'd the other games go? i droopped in and saw 2 quarters at kilmore quite a number of new players out there. Ruck man hardly lost a hit out and was the full fwd the same young fella who played the last few games last season? Looks like he's improved a bit which must be pleaseing for doona. Very young still which must be a worry.boy Swindells didnot play and a guy I chatted to said he played for Lancefield the day before.

Kilmore win ?

The so called smart cookies are right to make Diggers travel that far, was a stupid idea to have a drinkfest at a cricket final, although its not really the cricket clubs fault that a few half pint screamers cant hold their piss. its just a shame Ashfield have to be kind of penalized also. Game should have been played at boardman.

Not Happy Jan! Yes, Ashfield should not be punished for some other club's unruly behavior. No atmosphere at Masons Lane, no facilities for the cricketers, they might as well be playing on the moon!! A C Grade Grand Final should be played on a much better ground than Masons Lane #2 Oval. The GDCA couldn't even scheduled the match for the main oval. There were plenty of other grounds that were available. Shame, shame, shame GDCA.
Ashfield still looking good in this GF. Only chasing 58 runs with 3 wickets in hand.

Any feedback on other prctice matches ?

Sunbury Intraclub ?
Diggers Rest
Macedon
Romsey v Werribee Districts
Rupertswood
Macedon looked really good on the weekend.. Ash Fleming was in sublime touch.. Cusworth will only get better.. the two will be awesome up forward.. the Cats missed a few that included Nipper and Chad Walker.. the youngsters Jeremy Smith and Nick Arnold showed a lot of promise.. the lads worked really hard for four full quarters and played out the game well to win by 18 goals against YCW in the wet.. loved the experience of umpiring the lads and seeing this team up close, one that I'll make no secret about being my smokey for the year.. the Cats will be on the prowl in season 2013!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any feedback on other prctice matches ?

Sunbury Intraclub ?
Diggers Rest
Macedon
Romsey v Werribee Districts
Rupertswood

Bit hard to take too much from an intra-club especially when it rained for the most of the day. Some really good signs from a couple of the older brigade in Hatty, Dowson and Ellery. Fair few missing from last years side so hopefully see them all this week line up against Whittlesea. Big news to hit the club tonight too, will let all know once the deal is done.

Not Happy Jan! Yes, Ashfield should not be punished for some other club's unruly behavior. No atmosphere at Masons Lane, no facilities for the cricketers, they might as well be playing on the moon!! A C Grade Grand Final should be played on a much better ground than Masons Lane #2 Oval. The GDCA couldn't even scheduled the match for the main oval. There were plenty of other grounds that were available. Shame, shame, shame GDCA.
Ashfield still looking good in this GF. Only chasing 58 runs with 3 wickets in hand.

don't worry the bull,geoff,nandos,and bambi will do the job on saturday! go ashfield

Only watched a little bit buut heathcote jumped then 5 goals in the first 15-20 minutes but they did appear to have more players of senior standard out there too that be fair to say dooan? have you sorted out the issue with Matt Swindells is he goign to stay

Wasn't there Sunday so not 100% but my instructions were to play a more senior squad in the last 3.

Didn't know there was an issue with Matt, we shook on a sum of money, then he went and signed a document with Lancefield FC. I'm old school (I know it's cost me at times) me but unless Matt has a change of mindset today and signs one of these now vital "contracts" he becomes a Lancefield player at midnight.

I've knocked back the first two, as I have a stat dec acknowledging our handshake agreement and was told it'd be actually considered at an appeal should want to go down that path .... but I've opted out, lesson learnt :-(

Went and had a look at Broadford Saturday and have to say I was really impressed with the way they played, had one young gun at full forward who is 17 years old can play kept them in the game all day. There captain is one hard nut and was on the bottom of the pack at every stoppage, when the heavens came down it really suited Broadford as Craigieburn were just about to run away with the game, at the end Craigieburn were just a little bit more fitter and that got them over the line by a few points. Good work Broadford looks like finals this year.

How did Kilmore and Wallan go in there matches over the weekend.

How'd u go mate, get a few touches?

Bit hard to take too much from an intra-club especially when it rained for the most of the day. Some really good signs from a couple of the older brigade in Hatty, Dowson and Ellery. Fair few missing from last years side so hopefully see them all this week line up against Whittlesea. Big news to hit the club tonight too, will let all know once the deal is done.
So what is the big news? I'm intrigued.

Wasn't there Sunday so not 100% but my instructions were to play a more senior squad in the last 3.

Didn't know there was an issue with Matt, we shook on a sum of money, then he went and signed a document with Lancefield FC. I'm old school (I know it's cost me at times) me but unless Matt has a change of mindset today and signs one of these now vital "contracts" he becomes a Lancefield player at midnight.

I've knocked back the first two, as I have a stat dec acknowledging our handshake agreement and was told it'd be actually considered at an appeal should want to go down that path .... but I've opted out, lesson learnt :-(

any luck doonaa ?

any luck doonaa ?

Sadly not, the lad is a Lancefiled player now. Got a text last night saying he didn't want to get a bad rep or let the people at Lancefield down, never mind the fact he looked me in the eye and shook me bloody hand. Seems he was more than prepared to disappoint me, his mates and his local club instead of people he met 10 minutes ago.

As I said another "lesson learnt" least he did communicate ..... I still haven't heard from Mickie Marrett to say he is off to Craigieburn - young blokes hey :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back