RDFNL 2023 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can guarantee you right now. The Rupo 2019 side would’ve destroyed the Sunbury Lions side that year on Clarke Oval.

Rupo’s second string midfielders in that grand final were all elite. Hetherington, Cannolo & Matt Knight rolling into the middle after Swallow, Murphy and Muir started. Sunbury wouldn’t have kept up, exactly like Wallan couldnt.

Clarke Oval definitely found us out. Pretty sure only 6-8 blokes had played on it in 3 years.

You're right, footy forums are no place for hypothetical discussion about footy.
& fwiw Bigfooty is itself essentially pointless.

The off-season is always a good time to look at hypotheticals and stuff like that especially once the changeover happens to PlayHQ and the only way you'll see the transfers is if clubs are active on social media.

Think they are referring to things that happened around the agm last year and the breaking of the salary cap. I don’t know the specific details of what went don.

Some people will have good intentions but go about things in the complete wrong way and without enough thought or consideration/input of others. AGM and the events surrounding that were another one.

Some people will have good intentions but go about things in the complete wrong way and without enough thought or consideration/input of others. AGM and the events surrounding that were another one.
Not sure what went on but all clubs go thru your first point. People butt heads and in the end lose good people. Doesn’t mean it’s a bad club or anything like that as long as people remember that a club is bigger than any one individual the club usually bounces back well.

The bottom 6…. Jake Sutton Rupo’s bottom for the day and he’s Sunbury best now bud.

I’d like to know where you think Rupo dropped away compared to some of the guys getting a game in that Sunbury side haha.

Rupo had VFL players coming off the bench.
Bit harsh to pot a 17 year old at the time and now he can’t be one of sunburys best, give it a spell champion… what the kid can’t develop over the course of a few years? Played some regular vfl footy across the past two seasons as well

Bit harsh to pot a 17 year old at the time and now he can’t be one of sunburys best, give it a spell champion… what the kid can’t develop over the course of a few years? Played some regular vfl footy across the past two seasons as well

I agree. Look at who will be coaching him next year also! Kids an absolute gun.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think u missed the point here matey, what he meant was he was arguably Rupo’s 22nd player in that game and now he is staring for Lions. Love that you call him champion though in ya post, not far from the truth and you obviously do t know who bc04 is, I’ll let ya know he was better than any of us would ever have been. 😂

Think u missed the point here matey, what he meant was he was arguably Rupo’s 22nd player in that game and now he is staring for Lions. Love that you call him champion though in ya post, not far from the truth and you obviously do t know who bc04 is, I’ll let ya know he was better than any of us would ever have been. 😂

Only one player in that Rupo 19’ flag with the initials B.C ...

Could seriously play I might add.

Whose coaching him? Is he off to Strathmore to hook up with his old premiership coach, I mean haven’t Sunbury Lions got an untried coach this year?

If Sutton sticking with the Lions he will be under Matty White. Pretty good get I think mate. But time will tell?

No doubt, ik who BC is and is a champ in the region for sure. Not having a crack at him. Just think it’s a bit stiff saying, sutton a young kid being one of sunburys best every week isn’t great.

At the end of the day, cheating the salary cap is like W$&king “99% of clubs are doing it, the other 1% are farrking liars” so I mean they probably all are yeah.

Plenty of ways to skin a cat and I'm sure as a group we could come up with some doozies.

Not sure what went on but all clubs go thru your first point. People butt heads and in the end lose good people. Doesn’t mean it’s a bad club or anything like that as long as people remember that a club is bigger than any one individual the club usually bounces back well.
It’s not a bad club, nor did anyone say it was. But Rupo’s issue is a growing number of good people have gone elsewhere and continue to due to the attitude/actions/behaviour of one.

I didn’t pot a 17yr old. I said on the day he was one of rupo’s worst. The actual point of the comment was that the guy who claimed Rupo’s bottom 6 wouldn’t be good enough compared to Sunbury’s was wrong. I know Jake well and he’s talented and it was a pleasure to play with him. Facts are, Rupo’s bottom 6 had a high amount of talent. So maybe understand the comment before attacking it.

If Sutton sticking with the Lions he will be under Matty White. Pretty good get I think mate. But time will tell?

We shall see, knowing and playing with Matt at local and VFL level I never saw him as a future coach. Plenty of high level experience though now so hopefully he does well. I imagine they’ll have a solid preseason and hopefully Sunbury’s list stays in decent shape to compete in the comp compared to the Coburg list Matt was involved with last year that went 0-18. I’m sure Matty will enjoy seeing some wins in 2024! Tip for the Sunbury boys.. when golf day comes around try get in Matt’s team. 👌

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back