Banter RDT CLXXXIV - BigSpeakerbox

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also I'm going to go out on a slight limb here and suggest almost all of your big budget original IPs weren't that original. Even Nolan bases most of his stuff on books/short stories or rips off Satoshi Kon.
In the context of this conversation, 'original' refers to something that is not a remake, reboot, sequel or part of a franchise of some sort. So for example, Lion King is based off of Hamlet, but it's still a movie that had never been done before.

The live action remake is where the issue lies :(

In the context of this conversation, 'original' refers to something that is not a remake, reboot, sequel or part of a franchise of some sort. So for example, Lion King is based off of Hamlet, but it's still a movie that had never been done before.

The live action remake is where the issue lies :(
* by live action remake, I mean CGI animation designed to look like live action, lol

As one of the few other horror fans in this thread - have you seen Talk To Me yet? Fantastic original material.
No I think it was out while I was away? I haven't been spoiled yet but have been told it's great, been meaning to check it out.

I mean it's set in Adelaide so it's already got that baked-in sense of dread that any second you could be murdered or die of boredom.

Have you watched Fall of the House of Usher yet? I liked the Hill House but found Bly Manor a bit meh so not as motivated to watch this one yet.

I am many hours too late with this post, but whatever

Very good, basically summed up all my feelings including the decomposing toilet roll flavour.

I actually did end up finishing the last half by drinking straight from the cup - which is fine when it's just soda but ir was like just eating clumps of semi-melted icecream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you watched Fall of the House of Usher yet? I liked the Hill House but found Bly Manor a bit meh so not as motivated to watch this one yet.
I have, I'd have it above Bly but probably below Hill House and Midnight Mass. It's more gory schadenfreude/mystery than horror.

Worth watching purely for the Gina Rinehart name drop/burn.

Not knowing what to get my nephews for Christmas as they cross the tween to teen line, I have designed them something to wear to Eagles games.

And because there was a sale, I also made some for myself.
View attachment 1854038
Who got the jaguar. Shades of that who are we playing social media post for the season fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back