Banter RDT CLXXXVII - Rinse and Repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Thomson is one of the funniest people alive so if he's in it I'll give it a chance.

Is this the same guy that made the "funniest joke ever" about the boat blocking the canal?

Is this the same guy that made the "funniest joke ever" about the boat blocking the canal?
  1. No
  2. The joke itself wasn't claiming to be the "funniest joke ever"
  3. It was not a hard joke to get
  4. It's been three and a half years

Took my boys (6 and 4yo) to the Royal Show for the first time and it was the first time I’d been in 10 years. Man it was so feral.

Neck tatts, gunts (think about it) in tights and gold Gucci sunnies everywhere. Every second punter there looks like a low ranking bikie associate.

I think bikes are probably the only demographic not suffering from the cost of living.

Also one of the main attractions this year is monster trucks, long the reserve of the tattooed bogan. As for the gold tights and Gucci - I believe the "mob wife" aesthetic is currently in with the females of the species. Don't see the appeal of either myself but as long as they're contained in one place far away from me, preferably somewhere with a sturdy lock, to each their own.

I think bikes are probably the only demographic not suffering from the cost of living.

Said the exact same thing to the missus.

No cozzie livs when you’re in the cash based shard economy. No less than 20 show bags hanging off the prams (and the obligatory bum bag hanging off the waist) of those shady characters.

No cozzie livs when you’re in the cash based shard economy. No less than 20 show bags hanging off the prams (and the obligatory bum bag hanging off the waist) of those shady characters.

Might even make a profit out of the outing if they bring enough merchandise with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't ever taken my kids (13 and 8) simply due to the cost of the thing. Looking at close to a $300 day at minimum for a family - that's entry, a feed, one ride each and show bag. Can only imagine how much that'd be these days.

My folks used to take me every year when I was young and we'd spend most of the day walking through all the expeditions of free stuff, get a show bag or 2, a game in sideshow alley and ride on the ghost train. Fond memories but I dunno how they did it coz I'm tired just thinking about it.

I haven't ever taken my kids (13 and 8) simply due to the cost of the thing. Looking at close to a $300 day at minimum for a family - that's entry, a feed, one ride each and show bag. Can only imagine how much that'd be these days.

My folks used to take me every year when I was young and we'd spend most of the day walking through all the expeditions of free stuff, get a show bag or 2, a game in sideshow alley and ride on the ghost train. Fond memories but I dunno how they did it coz I'm tired just thinking about it.

Wasn’t too bad. Pretty much cost me just over $300 for the day. Kids got a novelty bag and a lolly bag each plus dinner, a slushy, some popcorn and a couple of rides.

Won’t be going again in hurry though. Might make it a triennial thing for the boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter RDT CLXXXVII - Rinse and Repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back