Banter RDT CLXXXVII - Rinse and Repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

I've just started watching a series for the first time in yonks. 3 Body Problem.

I'm three episodes in. It's an intriguing premise, it's written by Benioff and Weiss (Game of Thrones guys) and had some buzz/interest a short while back. But....

It just seems off. The writing, the acting, the production, the pacing, the character development, on it goes. I'll keep watching because now I'm invested, but is this what you get with a Netflix series compared with, say, a network or cable series like HBO? Just seems a tad B-grade.

Anyone else seen it? Thoughts?

No spoilers please (you know who I'm talking to).
Well, I've just finished the first season, and I must say that, after my early impressions.... I was absolutely right.

An intriguing premise, with promise, that lacked execution. 2.5 stars.

I started From on Stan the other night - pretty intriguing so far.

I haven't watched any, but I've heard the most recent season getting reviewed very well.

Also The Penguin is pretty good. The first 3 episodes were a good watch - I had to cancel my Binge subscription and will just wait until House of the Dragon is back until signing up again and continuing watching.

I haven't watched any, but I've heard the most recent season getting reviewed very well.

Also The Penguin is pretty good. The first 3 episodes were a good watch - I had to cancel my Binge subscription and will just wait until House of the Dragon is back until signing up again and continuing watching.
Yeah The Penguin is great viewing.

Next season of House of the Dragon isn’t due until 2026 so you might be waiting a while to finish The Penguin.

Yeah The Penguin is great viewing.

Next season of House of the Dragon isn’t due until 2026 so you might be waiting a while to finish The Penguin.

Interesting that an actor who's career is largely based on his good looks is giving one of his best performances with a fat suit and mask.

I've been watching Industry on Fox. First season was a pretty wild ride. Fox are campaigners and pushing ads into the stream when I Chromecast the latest season so I'm not making much progress now unless I'm watching it through the box thingy they sent me.

Does anyone else hate one word titles for movies or TV shows?

No I'm not watching Plum.

Dune
gets a pass because it's a book but there's not many others.
You was annoying.

What are you watching atm?
You
What?
Not you as in you, You as in the show You.

**** off. Give your show a real name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You was annoying.

What are you watching atm?
You
What?
Not you as in you, You as in the show You.

**** off. Give your show a real name.

I assume we're all aware of the news readers/hosts video of them getting confused with this one.

Edit:

What a pair of dip shits.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter RDT CLXXXVII - Rinse and Repeat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back