List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes the Keath magically got exposed by Geelong myth... no mention most of Taylors goals were in marking contests against Otten.

When Danniher went hot for 8 minutes, Lever was matched up with him, which you would have noticed if you were watching. Second Keath swapped back to Danniher, he didn't fire a shot. (Commentators stressed the point Keath was off the ground the whole time Danniher had an impact).

Talia had Hooker all game and all I took from it is Talia needs time off for his groin; he was just labouring. Didn't help that Hooker just had a half of football where everything was working.

Damn! People on here really get arked up when you don't follow the crowd and join the love in on the new prodigal son. Yet happy to sink the boots into players such as Douglas/MacKay regardless of their performance level on game day. (btw not syaing its specifically you who does this Golumless)

I am not saying Keath is bad. He has been a solid stop gap, but Hartigan is much better. Hartigan will resume him first 22 spot in 2018. I don't see it happening this year due to the amount of footy he has missed. Hartigan was excellent last year and has had an injury interrupted 2017 thus far. Its hard to maintain form if you can't get on the park in regular blocks.

Happy for Keath to keep his spot for now, but don't get sucked into the thought he is in anyway better than Lever or Hartigan or is a long term solution.

Damn! People on here really get arked up when you don't follow the crowd and join the love in on the new prodigal son. Yet happy to sink the boots into players such as Douglas/MacKay regardless of their performance level on game day. (btw not syaing its specifically you who does this Golumless)

I am not saying Keath is bad. He has been a solid stop gap, but Hartigan is much better. Hartigan will resume him first 22 spot in 2018. I don't see it happening this year due to the amount of footy he has missed. Hartigan was excellent last year and has had an injury interrupted 2017 thus far. Its hard to maintain form if you can't get on the park in regular blocks.

Happy for Keath to keep his spot for now, but don't get sucked into the thought he is in anyway better than Lever or Hartigan or is a long term solution.
What you did was incorrectly appraise Keath's performance by saying Daniher and Taylor kicked multiple goals on him when it can be proven they didn't. Now you can say Keath wont be a long term player thats cool thats your opinion - but on what he has shown so far its an awful one!

5 games in 2 years for a bloke supposedly all good to go in a team that, let's be honest, are not world beaters.

Either doesn't have it or Essendon's development is shite. (or both)

Also word is these "queries" from the AFL's 2015 Draft guide are spot on:
"Despite playing in a range of different roles throughout the championships, Francis will need to build his aerobic base before becoming a midfielder at AFL level. At this stage it's not at a high enough standard to hold down a role at the top level as a midfielder.

There is also the question about what sort of defender he will be in the AFL, and whether he is tall enough to be a true key backman. At 191cm he fits in nicely as a third tall defender, but despite his leap and jumping, Francis doesn't carry the height to play on the bigger key forwards. He matched up against Josh Schache at stages late in the carnival and had trouble containing the 199cm prospect".
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-25/30-days-to-the-draft-meet-aaron-francis
Has had some injury concerns too I believe

Only when your analysis is incorrect.

8ac047b06deb953624d830f8aa287784.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't be a child. You made statements of fact that were patently wrong and had been disproven a number of times. You used this as evidence to support your view. You got called out on those inaccuracies, you're argument is weakened and you complain that you didn't get a merit badge for trying.

Damn! Some people on here dont like it when they get picked up for making incorrect statements

I know there's a heap on here who like to bash Douglas + MacKay but you have to be joking right?

Douglas will be top 10 bnf this year easily. Has had a brilliant season. There is no replacement for experience, a hard body, and his excellent decision making.

MacKay despite his downfalls is easily out performing Seedsman & Milera. Has had a very good patch since being brought back into the side.

Then you want to replace Hartigan with a bloke who had 5 goals kicked on him in his first game and then on the weekend Hooker/Daniher kicked 6 between them and he was on them for generous parts of the match.

You watch Keath get beaten by the Swans forward line this week.

Also getting games into Galluci & Pohokle will come naturally through their better SANFL form, which is nothing to write home about atm, and injuries etc. We are a flag contending side not a bottom 6 side who needs to get games into rookies.

Wigg is not AFL level and the whole AFL world knows it. He will be delisted and not picked up again by another club.
Mindlessly repeating the dumb "Keath had 5 goals kicked on him by Harry Taylor" statement is a great way to discredit everything you say

Based on? All I know is that form is based on how well you're playing today, not in 2016.

Sounds like it's you who doesn't like to be pulled into line when you splurt false statements. Try not to get sucked into thinking Hartigan is that great, either.

I think Greenwood coming into the side has freed Dougie up from having to do as much crash and bash work. He does his best work as an attacking mid kicking the ball inside 50.
Salient. And maybe not just Greenwood (although he's the most obvious change in the relevant structures) but other influences, too.

Whatever it is, it's been a joy to watch Dougy doing what he does best. And in my eyes he's especially good at the accurate (or at least not totally blind/hacked) kick out of congestion. His ability to deliver with minimal / controlled leg movement in a confined space is IMO much underrated.

Keath wasn't even on the field when Daniher kicked all 3 of his goals
And you're criticising him because he had goals kicked on him in his first match of AFL football when matched up on a triple premiership player? Really?
And Taylor also towelled up Rance last weekend. I think Keith has great potential.

Douglas first half of the season wasn't that great, but he's definately found some cracking form these past few months.

I'd take Keath over Hartigan everyday of the week. His football IQ / ceiling is FAR greater than that of Hartigan. Not to mention Hartigan inability to hit a target coming out of the D50, you also won't see Keath running across a pack and blindly spoiling his team mates...every-single-game. Notice how well Kelly's been playing since Hartigan's been out? coincidence? I think not.

Also, you do realise Hooker kicked those goals whilst playing on Talia right? Keath played the majority of the time on Daniher and pretty much went on par with the 2nd best goal kicker in the comp going at 94% EFF
Yeah you cannot bag Dougy - he has been super reliable both in midfield and in front of goals. Would be one of our best hit up pass kickers to the forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back